Author Topic: 3yr old lost a tooth??  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
Re: 3yr old lost a tooth??
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 21:41:41 PM »
Sorry for the long delay peeps - I haven't been getting notification of any replies, so I thought I was being ignored  :scared: - as it turned out, Percy's teeth were in good health and it seems the tooth I found probably belonged to a 'visiting' cat who was frequenting our sofas for a while......when I returned home, there was a blood-spray pattern on the wall where he must have sneezed  :(.  I would try to let his owners know, or take him to the vet myself (if he allowed me to get near him) but, unfortunately, I haven't seen him for a while.  It doesn't sound too hopeful  :(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 00:31:43 AM »
You have to think if you hadn't actually found the tooth on the floor (which very few of us do) you would be none the wiser and wouldn't be worrying  ;)

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 00:23:00 AM »
As an over-protective hypochondriac cat Mum I'd probably take him to the vets but I think Sam is right, give them a quick ring to see what they say. Hopefully that will put your mind at rest  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 22:40:16 PM »
TBH I wouldn't worry about it too much ... unless Percy is pawing at his mouth or seems to be in any discomfort.  If you are worried you could also give the vet a call and see what they say.

Of course now you've found his tooth you will have to put a £1 under his pillow from the fairies!  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
3yr old lost a tooth??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 20:34:42 PM »
I have just found what looks like a cat tooth on my kitchen floor!  Percy - approx. 3yr old - was last checked at the vet in August (when he had his jabs) and I asked them about his teeth then (as when I first got him, he had a bit of tartar) and they told me they were fine.  I occasionally give him a raw chicken wing to help keep his teeth healthy - or so I thought.  Question is, I am going away on Monday - two friends are looking after him for me - do I need to take him to the out-of-hours vet tomorrow (I don't really want to bother my friends with vet visits)????

Link to CatChat