Author Topic: Few questions about pregnant cat  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Few questions about pregnant cat
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 18:45:56 PM »
Maybe ring your vets and asking to speak to the vet nurse? If you explain you already had a consultation but forgot to ask a couple of questions, they may well be happy to reassure you and given you guidance on how soon to expect the kittens. Most vets these days have computerised notes so it should be easy for the vet nurse to open Peppa's notes whilst you are on the telephone.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline x.shell.x

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Peppa and Jasper
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 15:31:32 PM »
Hey im on the edge of Edinburgh.

Also pics of jasper and Peppa are up. well peppa before she was sprogged up and jasper after her little run in. Neither cat is in atm but will be sure to upload the moment they allow me to get a good pic :D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 14:51:06 PM »
Shell where about in Scotland I am up in Aberdeenshire and have a lot of contacts down in the Central area

We need piccies of Mum to be and your baby ;D

I am the Clan Cats and Dogs mother - out cats have their own pets our 2 doggies!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline x.shell.x

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 14:43:11 PM »

Whereabouts in the world are you?  The cat that is pregnant would not be Jasper would it?

Im in Scotland and no its not Jasper. We have had jasper for nearly 14 years and she was spayed as soon as she was old enough. Where i live is surrounded by fields so if you dont want the field mice to come calling you need to have a cat but as jasper is an old lady now it gave me the perfect excuse to get Peppa because jasper isnt as active as she used to be for obv reasons lol

Peppa is around a year old now so she is still young but from what i have read not too young to cause problems. The again everything i have read has been on the net and then a little farther on you read something that is diff  :shocked:

Thanks for all the welcomes too  :)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 08:22:24 AM »
Good morning Michelle and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Whereabouts in the world are you?  The cat that is pregnant would not be Jasper would it?

Usually everything goes very smoothly and try not to intervene unless it looks as though she is having problems.  She will probably start to look around for somewhere nice and quiet to have the kits, an ideal place would be the bottom of the wardrobe in a covered box.  Don't know what else to suggest at this stage it is many years since I had kittens.

Good luck
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 00:25:10 AM »
Just wanted to add my :welcome: Can't help as I never had a pregnant cat but, as Gill says, there is a wealth of experience on Purrs!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 23:52:33 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Whats her name?

I dont think she will have any problems but this and the question as when are they due really is for your vet to answer and a phone call should bring you the answer.

I am pleased you have homes ready for the kittens and please note they really shouldnt leave their mumcat until at least 8 weeks old.

There are quite a few on here who can give you advice about what happens and when and what to do but will all be snoring their heads off probaly by now, so tomorrow you may get some better advice than  I can give you.

Its so easy to forget everything at the vets even when not shocked  :hug: :hug:

Try to make a list of your questions and that will help a bit, but nothing ever quite goes to plan.  ;D

Offline x.shell.x

• Adult Cat
Few questions about pregnant cat
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 23:06:19 PM »
Hey so my cat is Pregnant and i have a few questions.

First off i would like to say this was not planned ! when we bought the cat we were told that she had been 'fixed' that obv. was not the case. I wish i could say for sure that she was pregnant when we got her but i can not be sure as we did not keep her in because we thought there was no need. When we started geting suspicious that she was expecting we took her to the vet to get her scanned to confirm it and find out how many so we could prepare for them as far as re homing goes (they gave me a little scan picture i could not beleive it she is expecting 4 kittens as far as could be seen). We have and all will be going to family and friends.

My concern though is that she is a pretty small cat is it likley to be problematic ? Also is there any way to tell when she is going to have them ? I have no idea when she was caught but she seems huge ! the vet did not tell us when to expect the kittens and in the shock of being told that yes my spayed cat is indeed pregnant i forgot to ask :S

Thanks
Michelle
xx

Link to CatChat