Author Topic: Willow - Our baby has gone  (Read 33136 times)

carol377

Re: Willow - Our baby has gone
« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2010, 11:38:05 AM »
Hi Mark im new here so i don't know you or your cat Willow, but i want to pass my thoughts on to you at this sad time, im sat here crying buckets for your loss as memories come flooding back of my  beautiful boy Elliot a long haired moggy who sadly passed away at only 3 years old suddenly due to an enlarged heart., I feel your pain and your loss and time does heal your memories will be with you forever and your beautiful girl will remain in your heart always.  :hug: xx

Take care  xx
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:59:45 AM by carol377 »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2010, 11:21:02 AM »
Me too Mark   :hug: :hug:

Hugs were great when My Smudge went. My 3 ft tall Panda was my HUG buddy until I got Bonnie.  :Luv2:

Bonnie uses it as another bed now  :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2010, 04:30:41 AM »
Just popping in to give OH and yourself some much needed  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2010, 00:19:55 AM »
Is this the first pet Dennis has lost, Mark?  :hug: :hug:

As an adult, yes - but I am in the same boat as the last time I lost a pet was when our Tinker had to be PTS when I was about 12.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2010, 23:56:35 PM »
R.I.P little darling - I hope you meet up with my Smudge at the Bridge.

God bless.

Mary  :hug: :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2010, 23:02:33 PM »
There are just so many reminders. I had an email and a text today to remind me to worm "All 4 cats"  :(

I still get them despite emailing asking the company to amend their details and unsubscribing. It's pretty upsetting as mine are for Carrie, Jack, Toby, Parsley and Sage. We've lost Jack, Toby and Parsley so it's pretty traumatic being reminded to flea them.

I have a cardigan that I can't wear anymore because I see it as "Tobys cardigan." There was only a short space of time from when he went into remission from his diabetes and when he was diagnosed with advanced CRF and he took to sleeping on my big grey cardigan - after we lost him I hooked it on the back of the door and I've never worn it since. It's off limits in my head, because it's his.....Grieving takes time, you guys will be OK because you have each other but it's still raw at the moment. :care:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2010, 22:28:15 PM »
Is this the first pet Dennis has lost, Mark?  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2010, 22:21:22 PM »
OH said as we have a photo of Willow on it, he wants to keep it as he doesn't want to get rid of remindersof her.

Aaaw.  Bless him.  He's nice ain't he?   :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2010, 20:03:18 PM »
There are just so many reminders. I had an email and a text today to remind me to worm "All 4 cats"  :(

As it is, I was on autodrive last week and picked up some Milbemax. I asked for 3 as I have a 1/2 tablet in the drawer which would have been for Willow. Anyway, they gave me 4 for the price of 3 anyway.

We have a very large table in the dining room which oly gets used once in a blue moon. I said to OH we should donate it to a charity (there is a charity furniture shop up the road) and get a smaller one - mabe with drop leaves. OH said as we have a photo of Willow on it, he wants to keep it as he doesn't want to get rid of remindersof her.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2010, 23:14:22 PM »
I have two cats buried in my garden, below inscribed granite slabs

if I ever moved, which is unlikely, I would take the slabs with me, and would not mind about leaving the actual graves behind, though I would make sure they were covered by ordinary slabs

for me it is photographs and memories which really count - but everyone has their own way of finding comfort
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2010, 23:07:48 PM »
Strangely I am almost certain the two of you will find great comfort having her ashes in the house.  I don't believe in any form of after life but still take great comfort in having a little of Dingle's fur.  She passed away in 1997 but, although not exactly on display, I still get warm memories when I come across the container  :Luv:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2010, 21:44:49 PM »
Mark I have just seen this,  I am so very sorry  :hug: :hug:

RIP Willow play hard at the bridge baby girl x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2010, 20:31:08 PM »
Mark we have a flower or bush for every season we have lost a furkid and when OH finally gets round to digging our garden of remembrance they will all go in to it in vac packed bags sealed with their boxes and urns ( we dug up Toerag and Haggis to bring them with us - they have full sized recycled head stones)

Currently ours reside on 2 shelves in our bedrooms each one with an id tag with their birth/adoption dates and sate of when they passed.  We aren't overly religious but I like to keep themclose by its comforting - I also have my remembrance wall with photo's of my bridge kids and my missing kids its very comforting :hug:

The bulbs and bushes seem to reflect our kids - I still have Toerags mini  daff and tulip bulbs in a pot and they come up every year and have sone since 2000 when I planted them
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2010, 20:15:12 PM »
I too think the large Planter and a lovely bush or tree would be ideal. You can also have ashes made into jewellery or glass ornaments if you would like that. :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2010, 19:43:42 PM »
We are not religious and don't believe in rainbow bridge etc but would prefer her with us. Any other ideas would be welcomed.

I was going to suggest the same as Bazsmum, Mark.  If you buy a good big pot - like half a barrel, then you could place Willow's ashes in the pot, and plant a lovely shrub .  If you ever moved, you could take it with you, and if by chance the plant didn't prosper, you could remove it and plant another without worrying about disturbing Willow's last resting place too much.   :hug:

As you know, Mark  :hug:  my outlook, like yours, is a very secular one.  But Sue's sounds like a good idea to commemorate Willow if that is what you would like to do  :hug: 
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2010, 19:20:41 PM »
Thanks Julie - I will give them a call tomorrow. It is now looking like OH wants to keep Willow's ashes close. It is Dennis' call really as he adopted her. He really used to get bothered if she chose me to pick her up but I have spent more time with her over the years than Dennis so she came to me for comfort I think. She used to stand full-length up our legs and hold herself rigid while she was picked up and hung over a shoulder  :Luv2:

Thanks for the ideas everyone - I will show OH when the tears are flowing a bit less  :shy:

I have one of those carved boxes that was a gift years ago - not sure where it is. I like the multicoloured glass ball.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 19:36:59 PM by Mark »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2010, 18:58:32 PM »
Mark, not sure if these people have a garden of remembrance but might be worth a phone call.  :hug:

http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/Companies/Thanet-Animal-Cemetery

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2010, 18:52:28 PM »
there are some lovely urns suitable for placing in a garden on this site Mark

http://www.poffins.co.uk/acatalog/caskets.html

the black wooden cat, for instance, which could be kept outside if treated
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 18:55:53 PM by trigger »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2010, 18:43:33 PM »
I have mine in the house with a picture in front of them ( i have 3 ) and i find it quite comforting and if i do move they can come with me .

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2010, 18:42:44 PM »
I was going to suggest the same as Bazsmum, Mark.  If you buy a good big pot - like half a barrel, then you could place Willow's ashes in the pot, and plant a lovely shrub .  If you ever moved, you could take it with you, and if by chance the plant didn't prosper, you could remove it and plant another without worrying about disturbing Willow's last resting place too much.   :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2010, 18:39:18 PM »
You can buy quite big pots for garden bushes etc, trim them so they dont overgrow.....Its really hard knowing quite what to do in these situations.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2010, 18:35:53 PM »
Thanks   :hug:

Back to harsh realities. I asked the VN the other day if there was somewhere that a bush could be planted in a remembrnce garden with maybe a plaque. Lynn, the practice manager rang today and said there is nowhere in Kent like that. She said the main one they use, Cherry Tree crematorium is in a cherry orchard and there is a separate part where ashes can be scattered but there are no visiting arrangements. The only place she knows of is in Cambridge. As she rightly pointed out, it as a long way and we would probably never get round to going. She suggested burying the urn in the garden and planting a bush. I told her the ground here is rock hard (It used to be the beach until a few hundred years ago and is really stony with millions of oysrer shells) - she then said Carol, one of the VNs suggested planting the urn in a pot so we could always take them with ius if we move. Originally, Dennis had said he didn't want ashes in the house - and I also pointed out that he didn't want to upset himself whenever he went in the garden. anyway, Dennis sais he has had a chance to think and doesn't want her ashes put somewhere she has no connection with. We are not religious and don't believe in rainbow bridge etc but would prefer her with us. Any other ideas would be welcomed. I have mentioned having them nade into a crystal or vasr but we both think that is a bit weird. In the meantime, I am going to collect Willow's ashes at the end of the week but keep them somewhere out of sight of OH

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2010, 18:09:47 PM »
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl Mark.....This is the way you know her!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2010, 13:34:34 PM »
Have just caught up with this Mark and I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and Dennis.

RIP Willow - play hard at the bridge darling  :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »
Oh Mark, I am so sorry to be reading this thead.

Willow was a stunning looking lady, and it sounds like she had a happy life with you and Dennis, remember the good times

RIP Willow play hard on the bridge sweetheart

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2010, 10:48:17 AM »
I know we need to remember her the way she spent the majority of her life as a little princess rather than the last hours.

Exactly right, Mark. Julie is spot on with the "don't ponder the situation because that way madness lies" comment. Just remember the good times, smile at how loved she was and make sure you're there for each other. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »
I know we need to remember her the way she spent the majority of her life as a little princess rather than the last hours.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2010, 07:10:47 AM »
Mark. So sorry. I only just read this thread. How sad for you and Dennis, as I know she held a special place in your hearts. Sounds like she had a peaceful parting, so please don't go over the 'what if's.' She had a longer and happier life you with you two than she would have had anywhere else. The time comes when we all have to say goodbye to our lovely wee babies. It is so sad that they live such a short time ... :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2010, 07:10:19 AM »
Wonderful photos, Mark.

Also know what you mean about scratches.  I have a long one on my thigh from when my lost boy, Flynn, fell in the bath while he was watching me in it.  I'll never be a Bluebell girl now, but it makes me smile whenever I catch sight of it.   :)  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2010, 06:55:34 AM »
 :Luv: Lovely photos Mark  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2010, 00:39:10 AM »
That's a coincidence you saying that about scratches Mark because I remember I felt exactly the same when my Tigger went. He liked a chunk of two of mummy's fingers.  :evillaugh: And something weird too because those final scratches took forever to heal.  I think it was his parting gift.   :innocent:

Willow had the best of lives with you and Dennis and she wanted for nothing.  :Luv2: It does get a little bit easier as the good memories return with every passing day.  :hug: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2010, 23:07:31 PM »
Lovely pic. Willow could not have had a better life :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2010, 21:54:23 PM »
Mark she had a wonderful life with you and Dennis and the photo's show it, smilingthrough the tears is part of the healing process, she will always be with you there is just something about black cats we currently have 9 as they are my favourite colour and of course our Clan cat supreme leader is my darling black Sweetie :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2010, 21:08:50 PM »
Beautiful pictures Mark - they show just how loved she was - I'm glad you can smile amid your sadness  :hug:  :hug:.  I know what you mean about the scratches - I have 2 permanent scars on my right arm from when Korky freaked out as I tried to put him in his carrier for a vet visit (he was claustrophobic when he was younger but grew out of it).  They are a tangible reminder of him and always make me smile when I happen to notice them.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2010, 20:55:45 PM »
Thanks again everyone  :hug:

Obviously a long way to go but for the first time, OH & I smiled talking about her. Dennis was asking if she had a happy life and did we spoil it by restricting access to some rooms when the B&B was open etc. I reminded him that she presided over breakfast and was often seen flicking bacon off people's plates and getting away with it  :Luv2: - also she was very good at worming her way into people's rooms for fusses. I also mentioned things like her summer bed - made up on the rotary washing line. She will be so missed. Things like the patting of faces in the morning and the way she used to lock onto my hand - her teeth biting the skin between my thumb and finger while she bunny-kicked. I still have a couple of scratches on my hand and I wish I could stop them from healing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 00:18:39 AM by Mark »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2010, 17:01:52 PM »
I wasnt here yesterday, so have only just logged on and seen this  :( - I'm so sorry to hear about Willow Mark  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2010, 15:04:05 PM »
sorry Mark, just read this.

RIP Willow.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
I'm so sorry for both you and Dennis, Willow was a gorgeous girl and you gave her a wonderful life.

RIP little one.

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »
So sorry Mark.
RIP Willow, you will find a lot of friends at the bridge.
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2010, 02:05:42 AM »
I just read this now Mark, there is nothing I can say to make you feel better I just have to give you yet another  :hug:
Willow had a wonderful life with you and Dennis, and now she is free of suffering and watching over all of you. 
Run free and have fun with all the bridge buddies up there beautiful Willow, gone but never forgotten....

Link to CatChat