Author Topic: Greasy ?  (Read 1004 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Greasy ?
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 22:53:58 PM »
Rubbing some baby powder into the greasy areas will help.  Mosi had slightly greasy fur for a while when he was younger.

The fur at the base of his tail and on his back got slightly greasy from about 4 months.  I guessed it might have been a slight case of stud tail but I'm not sure.  I also don't know whether or not that can affect other areas, but I'd guess it could, and I think Leo is about the same age as Mosi was.  It continued for a while after neutering but soon stopped and he doesn't get greasy fur at all now. 

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 22:48:11 PM »
Funny you should be posting about this as I have a six month 3/4 Persian called Pumpkin and he looks permanantly like he needs a brush.  Even when I brush him it doesn't look any better.  In fact I concluded tonight that it looks slightly greasy - I am so glad you have posted.  Also, I am intrigued that you should say it could be hormonal.  I am a little late in neutering him I think and I will have him 'done' in a couple of weeks.  Do you think it will improve after this?  He is greasy on his chest and tum.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 22:46:29 PM »
Not sure.. I groom him about once every 3 days so not excessively ? I wonder if the pet wipes would target the grease ?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 22:41:14 PM »
i dont know about that cos never seen a greasy cat..............could overgrooming do it?

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Greasy ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 22:39:01 PM »
I groom Leo regularly but am finding his fur is looking greasy behind his ears & on his maine. I know that un nutered tom cats get a greasy tail as Leos dad did but surley this cant be a hormonal thing at 4 months ?javascript:void(0);
Luv

Do I need to bath him to stop this grease ball look ?? ha ha

Link to CatChat