Author Topic: Cat and mouse story  (Read 1001 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cat and mouse story
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 16:48:11 PM »
 :rofl: @ PinkBear

I wish mine were persistent. They bring things in and let them go. "Look mum, got you a new pet!"

We had what we thought was a mouse running around the house for two weeks. It was fast and it was smart. (It found my christmas stash of chocolate coins.....in our bedroom cupboard!)

Anyway, when we eventually caught it; by fluke I might add, even though we had about four humane traps set up it turned out it was a baby rat. :evillaugh: We went to a patch of wasteland and set it free, probably a lot fatter than when it was brought into our house!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 16:48:38 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 15:57:55 PM »
So funny  :rofl: :rofl:

However last night was my night for fun and games with a cat and a mouse!

I didnt realize how persistant and single minded a cat can be when waiting for mousie to come out! I knew Misa would sit in the rain for hours in the winter waiting for a mouse but had put that down to daftness or big thick warm coat that rain doesnt penetrate.

Last night he brought one into the house and lost it in the study and him and Sasa were scrabbling around in one place. Much later on when I thought Misa had given up , I went to said place and started moving things, Misa was behind me and helping in a flash. I saw the mouse but couldnt get close cos Misa was in there with a paw and of course moussie ran away again.

Misa then stated on the place where all the puter cables and plugs were and I cant get into that place without moving the table with the puter on. Howewver I lifted up the big power thingys and there was mousie and Misa went crazy and mousie ran away and I saw where it went but not Misa.

I went and got a box and then started moving computer and table, Misa was still occupied where mousie used to be..............times is now around 0230! I was very lucky cos mousie liked the nice dark cat food box and ran inside and at last I have saved mousie. Put it outside and hoped it would stop being stupid and go to where ever it lived before they caught it again.

Misa of course didnt know it was caught and I had horrible visions of a trashed study when I got up.

I was not very pleased with Misa who had turned his ears off and refused to budge from places he shouldnt be playing. In fact was very angry at him cos Kockas picture fell down and broke which upset me very much and luckily Misa did not trash the study and we are still big friends today and have just been his cat bed for a time in the greenhouse  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:14:21 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: excellent ... nice to know your neighbours are honest law abiding peeps and at least you know they will have no qualms about phoning the police if you really do get burgled.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 06:18:39 AM »
The moral is, always introduce yourself to your new neighbours  :evillaugh:

Jxx

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'll invite them to the housewarming!!!  ;D

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Cat and mouse story
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 01:09:21 AM »
Inspired by a similar tale elsewhere on the forum, here's a true story.

Once upon a time...

Tigger, my dear departed champion hunter, bought in a mouse from the garden. He promptly dropped it on the kitchen floor. The mouse ran for its life, and disspeared under the splashboards.  :censored: :censored: That was at 11am.

By 2pm, after removing all splashboards and finding no sign of said mouse, I gave up. Not Tigger, though. He continued waiting in the kitchen, poised like a coiled spring. Ay 6pm I went back to the kitchen. Tigger was still poised. My daughter and I laughed at his persistance.... then we heard the scratching!

By 9pm I was going crazy.  :Crazy: I had excavated every last nook and deep recess in the kitchen for the second time - no mouse, only long lost and sadly missed utencils and some I reckon belonged to the previous occupant. But still scratching. Scratching! SCRATCHING!!  :censored: :censored:

Midnight. Both my daughter and I were at the point of no return. We had the red mists and there was no way that mouse was spending the night in my house. Suddenly, by some batlike hearing detection, my daughter figures the scratching is coming from our eye level, not the floor!

Now... in the corner of my kitchen, and waiting for some hunk to come shift it out for the council, was an old defunct fridge. We moved the fridge out and discovered the a very small pair of eyes staring out from the gap between the outter casing and the insulation. It had climbed up the electrical flex and crawled inside. The scratching was the sound of the little ****** eating my fridge from the inside out!

1am. Right! I will not stand for rodents eating electrical items. Certainly not in my own kitchen. Out with the whole bang shooting match. I convince my daughter to help me carry said fridge, complete with mouse - who I swear was taunting us - down the back garden to dump it by the back gate.

At this point I should add that my new neighbour had moved in only four days previously. They had never seen me or my daughter. The site of two people carrying a fridge through the patio doors and down the garden at 1am must have looked odd. Can't think why.

After a mammoth effort on our parts, and 20 minutes of puffing and panting, my daughter and I had managed to carry the fridge down the 150 feet of rough grass. Suddenly we heard a screech of car's breaks, doors being hurled open, and no less than FOUR coppers lept over my garden fence. The shock made me and my daughter drop the fridge, the mouse lept out and ran across the grass, Tigger pounced, grabbed the mouse and merrily turned tail and headed straight back into the house with it, leaving me to explain to the Sargeant what we were up to...

The moral is, always introduce yourself to your new neighbours  :evillaugh:

Jxx

Link to CatChat