Author Topic: The "all wet" diet's going well  (Read 996 times)

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
Re: The "all wet" diet's going well
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 20:10:35 PM »
Well I'm starting them off quite gently by giving them Whiskas which they're used to, but I've ordered some Animonda from Zooplus and I might try them on the Bozita as well - see which they prefer. I'm also going to try giving them some raw meat as a supplement; I'll start off cooking it very lightly and see how they go.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 19:54:36 PM »
what wet meet are you feeding them

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
Glad it's going well!  ;D Yes it does cost more - I spend a lot more on cat food than I did when I fed mostly dry but with a bit of tinned felix each day.  But I just have to cut corners elsewhere (like my food budget - the cats eat better than I do!)

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
The "all wet" diet's going well
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 12:41:47 PM »
After reading a few of the comments and suggestions surrounding the pros and cons of wet or dry feeding, I decided to try my lot soley on wet food as I felt that it would be better for them [they'd always had 50/50].

Anyhoo, I was a bit dubious about how successful it would be but I needn't have worried, they've been having wet for 4 days now and they do seem much happier for it; they're having 4 x 400g tins a day and because food isn't there all the time they're much more interested in it when it is, also, I don't worry about them swallowing dry food whole [which they did]. When they were getting their food half and half, I was throwing away quite a bit of the wet which isn't an issue now.

I suppose from a cost point of view, it could be argued that this way is more expensive but taking into account what I was paying for the dry food and that I'm no longer scraping money away in the form of waste, I think the cost near enough balances out.

Imogen's even eating much more and although some of that may be down to the Fortekor she's on, she really does seem to prefer the tinned. Her weight was down to 3.36kg and she's due for a weigh in 2 weeks so I'm hopeful she'll have put weight on  :)

So really, if anyone's been thinking about trying their hunny-bunnies on a wet diet...I'd say give it a go  ;D

Link to CatChat