Author Topic: Buffy not so Buff  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Buffy not so Buff
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 16:09:02 PM »
She will only eat the cat food that looks like it's completely meat or fish. I usually feed her applaws wet and a little dry and expensive sachets like sainsbury indulge me and highlife. She's been very spoilt but her food contains virtually all meat so she isn't bulking up on grains. She does enjoy her food though. I think I need to reduce the amount of dreamies I give them as well. I think i've been over indulging her. It's good idea Dawn I'll have a look on zooplus to see if there are any light foods that would fit the bill. Thanks

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Buffy not so Buff
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 15:53:21 PM »
star needed to loose quite a bit of weight when I got her, she would only eat dry but was addicted to kitten food because she had been a mum cat and got a taste for what they were eating - I used the royal canin light dry food and had good results with it

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Buffy not so Buff
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 15:49:10 PM »
Buffy has been for her jab today. She cried all the way there and all the way back :Crazy:

Anyway the vet said she was overweight, she had to fill in a card for the Bristol cat study. So has anyone got any ideas how to slim her down a bit. She's pretty active and runs around with her brother once a day. She's not great with da bird she likes to lie on her back and try to catch it as it goes overhead. Any good toys anyone can recommend? I will cut her food down a bit but difficult as I leave dry food down for Xander as he's a bit of a grazer. She eats mainly wet food but I think is a bit greedy. They are indoor only so that probably doesn't help.   
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 15:59:13 PM by Mymblesdaughter »

Link to CatChat