Author Topic: Some kitten/Intro questions...  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Some kitten/Intro questions...
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 14:03:09 PM »
 ;D

I understand how you feel

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »
Thanks guys! I think it's ok too... just needed to hear you all say it! They are still following each other about and they both seem fine, eating fine etc... I think it's just natural progress...
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:00:27 AM »
I think it's just play and a bit of establishing the pecking order.  As long as it doesn't get too violent and neither of them seem stressed in general by it (ie acting nervous or scared around the other even when no actual "fighting" is taking place) I would just let it play out.  When I got Mosi things were quite lively!  Jaffa would sit on Mosi to put him in his place  :shify: and hiss at him, but it didn't deter Mosi at all and nobody got hurt. 

As to going outside, I would think it would be ok now that he's had his vaccinations etc.  I think the 6 months thing is if they are wandering freely so important that they're neutered and also old enough to have a bit of natural caution/road sense.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:15:38 AM »
I think its OK but know its worrying, think they still need to be supervised when together.

Probably claws out were an accident.

As long as supervised and not allowed to roam think it will be OK for Mo to go out

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
Re: Some kitten/Intro questions... Help!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 18:21:17 PM »
Ok guys I need some help. Its all been quite smooth sailing so far but Drum just hit Mo with claws out and Mo hissed and hit her back... bit worried. They are both purring away again now and Mo is playing with the OH, should I be worried, they've been together now for a week.... I'd hate to think either are unhappy, do I let it play out as long as it isn't a full on fight... it's is just smacking but should claws be out? I'm not sure, this is my first intro...  :(

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
Some kitten/Intro questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 22:56:13 PM »
Hey all

So just a couple you might be able to help me with, Drum and Mo are doing really good I think, Mo seems to follow Drum everywhere, they sleep near each other and on the whole get on really well. there are some instances where I am not sure if it is playing or territory fighting, maybe a bit of both? There is no hissing or growling but it can get a bit over zealous with the face palming! Then again Drum and Bass used to do this too... Is this cool? I'm aware I might be too worried, obviously if it looked very violent I would intervene.. It's not, more like rough and tumble.. It's just as Mo is so much smaller I worry...

On another separate subject as some of you know we have a cat proofed garden, Mo has has his two initial jabs and been front lined and wormed, just wondering if he could go in the pen yet? I keep reading 6 months but thinks maybe that is for sole wondering post neutering.. What are you thoughts? He'd be supervised to start with of course... Just thinking if the nice weather comes back...

Thanks, B

Link to CatChat