Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 18:34:08 PM »
They do a display here from a boat. Last year it sank and they had to cancel  :evillaugh: - I hope they call it a day. The council support it  :tired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHGzKkoFrCc

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 18:26:09 PM »
Ooo freaky. I just read a post on dogpages about fireworks .. and it was your post.

Have to say I completely agree. I hate fireworks with a passion, and it really annoys me when people say "oh it's just for a few nights" I challenge anyone to spend a night with Molly when there are fireworks around then tell me they still enjoy them  >:(

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 18:21:28 PM »
Now on sale in supermarkets.  I am emailing all my local supermarkets protesting at their sale of what, after all, are explosives and hopefully lots more people will do it too.

I have no time for them whatsoever (fireworks that is).  My dog Pepsi (RIP) collapsed with an angina attack because some little toe rag let a big banger off and it was weeks before bonfire night.  I almost lost her and if I could have got my hands on whoever did it, child or no child, I don't like to think what I might have done.

I don't condone organised displays either, I have only ever been to two in my life (one run by the FIre Brigade) and at both of them someone was injured or burned.

If we had explosives in our possession at any other time of year we would probably be accused of terrorism.  Terrifying defenceless animals (and sometimes old people), not to mention the strays and wildlife is not my idea of fun.  Rant over

Link to CatChat