Author Topic: Fighting!  (Read 998 times)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Re: Fighting!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 17:01:09 PM »
Mine are a bit like this. We had both Layla and Oscar together when they were quite young so they have basically grown up together. They were quite close and used to sleep together when they were younger but as they've got older and Oscar became a boisterous boy who wants to play fight, Layla has become more and more annoyed with him! She hisses at him whenever he comes near even if he's being nice- she's just not interested. Now we have the little one they are both a lot happier as Oscar and Rufus enjoy being rough with each other and seem to be leaving Layla alone as they have it which is just the way she likes it! She tolerates them but would reall rather be on her own or with people.
I wouldn't worry too much about the fighting, it is usually a case that it looks worse than it is. I would personally only worry if you get any injuries because they will usually be just rough playing or trying to sort out the pecking order in the house. Just try to play with them lots so they don't feel the need to do it to each other as much.
Hope they get sorted!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
i find it strange because my girl was very close to thomas and they played and she thinks that the brother (Felix) will be the same. But he just fights her andtells her to get stuffed basically.

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 22:14:30 PM »
yeah theyve both fallen apart alot more since thomas passed. It's a shame all hell is breaking loose!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 16:27:38 PM »
Boys and girls often grow apart as they age, i have 3 siblings (2 boys 1 girl) and the boys remain closer rough and tumbling about together and the girl has 'matured' and does ehr own thign. She ahtes it when her brothers pounce on her and try to play, this ends in a lot of hissy grumbling until they notice something else  :innocent:

Try to play with him more to take his attention away from her, he may also have lost his playmate & buddy in Thomas  :(

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
Fighting!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 22:02:23 PM »
ok so my girl cat caught a mouse i took it off her and got rid of it. Luckily it wasnt dead. But as soon as she came back in the house my boy cat and her have been fighting. I seperated them but im worried to put them together again as they often hiss at each other etc which is strange as the boy was 12  weeks when he met her and she was around 8 or 9 weeks when she met him. They used to get on great but when they grew up they started going seperate ways etc. What can I do i'm quite worried they were having a real fight.

Link to CatChat