Author Topic: Catnip  (Read 1019 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Catnip
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 01:41:20 AM »
I agree with Gill, never take a good cat nip away from them till they finished :naughty: Hope the one you planted in the garden grow fast for Charlie to enjoy himself even more. :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 23:02:17 PM »
Yes that may be right and Charlie has been high as a kite LOL............it wont harm him  ;D

I learnt a lesson with Misa, who is such a gentle boy cos I had a tub of nip that they used to sit in and much and roll about and I was collecting seeds last year so my hands spelt of it. I though Misa would like to sniff and lick my hands but he treated them like he would a catnip plant and got quite aggressive,

Thats why you dont take a catnip toy away until they have well and truely finished  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline sallyagdm

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Arnie, Gucci and Dandy
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 21:53:12 PM »
it probably is as I've found that cats go wild at the slightest smell of fresh catnip.Your post reminds me of a time when I came home to find one of the neighbours cats looking very stoned and very happy while curled around the stumps that once was a decent sized catnip plant. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Catnip
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 21:46:00 PM »
Think it might be the catnip that has driven Charlie bonkers today.  I have planted some in the garden and have been reading up on it.  I didn't realise it was an aphrodisiac and hallucinogenic!  Apparenly works in two different ways.  If they eat it it calms and sedates them but if they sniff it it has the opposite effect and can make them aggressive and charge around, stare into space!!!!

Link to CatChat