Author Topic: My cats driving me nuts ....  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: My cats driving me nuts ....
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 21:31:15 PM »
I agree and if its off next week you really must wait  :hug: :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 18:52:31 PM »
Poor baby, it must be so hard to watch her with it on, sending lots of  :Luv: to you both!
Caroline xx

Offline Lily

• Adult Cat
  • Lily
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 13:03:42 PM »
We've tried taking it off her so she can play but she's not interested in playing, she just grooms, which I can understand, I'd be the same after not showering for 2 months.  Also when we put it back on her she gets all confused and starts bumping into things again, like she's forgotten how to move with it on again.

I think it is a case of grinning and bareing it, can't wait for it to come off and she can go outside and be all playful like she was before.  I've had a cat flap installed which she's not had chance to use and also a covered litter box.  I've ordered her a new collar too cos her current one's looking a bit grubby and the new one is reflective for when she's out and about.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »
Poor pussie! I agree tho , If its due off next week I think the best plan is to leave it on , grit your teeth and hope you rugs and sofas survive! :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »
Aw what an awful situation for you both!  :hug:

It must be terribly hard for her as the collar is huge, but if its due off next week I do think it best to leave it on in the long run....Is there any way you can take it off for short supervised play sessions or does she go straight for her wound?

Offline Lily

• Adult Cat
  • Lily
My cats driving me nuts ....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40:25 AM »
She's been in a buster collar for about 2 months now due to a wound on her neck which is refusing to heal, everytime the collar comes off she licks it so we're back to square one.  Just recently, in the last couple of weeks, she's been driving me nuts. 

She's pacing about from door to window, meowing, then sits at my feet meowing.  I know she wants to go outside but she can't with the collar on.  Every so often she'll do something naughty like scratch my sofa or claw my rug, so I tell her no and discipline her (holding her gently on the floor by the scruff of her neck) which seems to work for a few hours then she's back at it again.  I've tried playing with her, but she freaks out if I get out Da Bird as she can't see it when it goes out of her line of vision and she can't jump and pounce like she used to. 

I know she's frustrated and bored but so am I.  Does anyone have any advice?  Hopefully the collar will be coming off next week but I'm not going to jepodise this by taking it off too early before the wound has completely healed.

I've only had her since Christmas and the collar went on after I'd had her about 8 weeks, so it feels like forever.  I've almost forgotten what she looks like without it.  Other than the times above she's a very loving cat, very purry and jumps on your lap at the first opportunity, I wouldn't swap her for the world, I just want her back to normal.

Link to CatChat