Author Topic: Licking Wound....  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Licking Wound....
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 22:22:27 PM »
Welcome back Ela -
I lost my Feral just before xmas (thread R.I.P Skaggy)

Happy New Year

cheekee_munkee

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 20:17:11 PM »
Just keep and eye on the wound for signs of any problems like infection.

Redness, swelling or inflammation. Increased tenderness around the wound site. Any discharge or odour that wasnt previously there.

Im sure everything will be fine.

Offline ClaireC

• Adult Cat
  • Honey (Monster!)
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 11:07:14 AM »
Thanks Ela.  I am trying not to worry too much about her but I dont want her to hurt herself and end up having to go back to the vets to have more stitches in or anything else.

We go back on Monday evening anyway so they can check her over.  If she is still doing it then I will mention it to them and see what they say.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:33:01 AM »
My kitten was neutered yesterday and seems to be back to normal today - jumping everywhere etc.  Try as I might I cant stop her.

The majority of cats I had neutered/spayed have been like this often within minutes of getting home, although some of the females have perhaps jumped a little gingerly for a day or two

unless we get a collar from the vets which they said would stress her out.  She isnt hurting the stitches in fact the area looks less red this morning

Some vets automatically put on an Elizabethan collar on after an op, although most cats don't like it they put up with it remarkably well. As for the licking if it is not getting angry perhaps you should not worry too much. Just try to distract her attention.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline ClaireC

• Adult Cat
  • Honey (Monster!)
Licking Wound....
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 10:02:24 AM »
Hi

My kitten was neutered yesterday and seems to be back to normal today - jumping everywhere etc.  Try as I might I cant stop her.  The vet information says that she shouldnt be allowed to lick her stitches.  Again I cant stop her unless we get a collar from the vets which they said would stress her out.  She isnt hurting the stitches in fact the area looks less red this morning.

Is all this ok and normal??

Link to CatChat