Author Topic: What food is best for Ebony  (Read 1703 times)

cheekee_munkee

Re: What food is best for Ebony
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 20:26:44 PM »
I would advise using Hills AD for a few weeks. Its is designed as a high calorie food for convalesing cats. Its very palatable and can be used for syringe feeding. Only thing is it can cause diarrhoea as it is so rich but its good for helping a cat back to health.

Can only be got from a vet.

I would advise getting a small amount first just in case the cat wont eat it as you dont want to be lumbered with a pack of 24 cans.

Here is the web link for hills AD. you can download the fact sheet in PDF format from here.

http://www.hillspet.com/zSkin_2/products/product_details_eu.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441760568&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395183417&bmUID=1167596728810&bmLocale=en_GB

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 17:24:20 PM »
You can get a lovely mushy food from the vets called a/d, its high in fat and very appetising

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 17:09:29 PM »
Thanks for that becca, much appreciated  :thanks:
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 17:06:00 PM »
Let her have as much food as she wants, for now - cat milk is basically junk food but its quite good for calories so maybe a bit of that to help her bulk up? I'd make sure she's on a really high quality food with all the vits & mins she needs to get her condition back, too - perhaps applaws, nature's menu or similar. I'd not worry too much about putting stuff in her coat, she'll take care of that soon enough once she's got the good stuff on the inside to grow lovely lush new fur.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
What food is best for Ebony
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 17:02:49 PM »
Just wanted a bit more advice re feeding Ebony my new rescue cat, shes very thin and her coat is not in good condition at all which is to be expected I suppose, shes only about one and already had one litter of kittens that the rescue knew of , could possibly have been more as she was a stray.  Can anyone recommend a good food to help build her up, ive been advised to keep her on kitten food and wipe her with baby wipes to help her coat. Any more ideas anyone?  :xmas 5:
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Link to CatChat