Author Topic: Cat crying  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Eil_w

• Kitten
Re: Cat crying
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 14:21:19 PM »
the more i think about it, the more i'm sure your right, it's just for attention, when i look up he's standing all proud, head up, tail up straight, he's just being a little chancer...  he gets so much attention when we're in the house, spoiled little monkey  :innocent:

he and his brother sometimes sleep together, but not that often, they kind of pretend each other isn't there a lot of the time..

i'll bring some photo's in tomorrow, they're so cute, am sure everybody thinks that of their own babies though...  :-)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:20:43 PM »
Sounds like he's being a chancer.  Do the two boys sleep together?  It may be that he is calling to get "anyone's" attention you or his brother.  I know my little one sometimes crys if she wakes up and finds everyone has gone upstairs and left her asleep downstairs.

BTW ... any chance of pics of your boys they sounds wonderful :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Eil_w

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 11:43:04 AM »
hiya, he's fine in every other way, looks to me like he's just after a bit of attention, little monkey that he is, it's really hard not to just give in and give him the attention....

thanks a lot for your help...

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
hiya, both boys have been neutered, i double checked, there was dry food out for both dodger and smudger, sounds sillly to say, but hopefully it's just because he's being a bit of a spoiled bratt wanting attention, and there's nothing actually wrong with him....
thanks again

Thats good then and as long as he isnt showing any signs of being unwell etc i wouldnt worry
Oh just one other thing - is he using his litter tray ok ?

Offline Eil_w

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »
hiya, both boys have been neutered, i double checked, there was dry food out for both dodger and smudger, sounds sillly to say, but hopefully it's just because he's being a bit of a spoiled bratt wanting attention, and there's nothing actually wrong with him....
thanks again

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 11:22:38 AM »
 :welcome:

Is Dodger Neutered ? (thats my first thought)

Could it be that he is hungry >?

Failing that maybe he is just trying his luck and if this is the case you do need to ignor him.

Offline Eil_w

• Kitten
Cat crying
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:38:47 AM »
hiya, am new to this, but any help would be appreciated, my lovely cat dodger has taken to having a bit of a cry during the night, he's been at it for the last 4 nights, am not sure if it's just for attention or not, he always sits in the same area of the bedroom when he's crying, but as soon as he's finished he comes up onto the bed purring, i'm really hopeing that he's just looking for attention and the best thing for us to do is ignore him, but i'm not too sure...
i've got two cats, lovely little boys, they're brothers, nearly 2 years old,  neither have ever been outside, i've lost two cats on the road in front of the house, so really really don't want to take that chance again...   During the day both boys seem fine, with not inclination to be outside...

Can anybody give me any advice, it's not nice to hear him crying like that as if he's really really upset.

Thanks for your help...

Link to CatChat