Author Topic: Good news and WEIRD behaviour  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Good news and WEIRD behaviour
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 23:23:25 PM »
Its best not to use bleach around cats, they are likely to think another cat has been round and they may start spraying cos yes they will like the smell as someome else has said. Do not let him lick it, very very bad for him.

Offline schuey100

• Adult Cat
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 14:40:48 PM »
No, I've let him out until the floor dries. Don't worry, I'm not about to let him get high on bleach :) I just thought it was a funny reaction. My wife's cat used to do the same thing with Savlon apparently :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 14:37:53 PM »
He LOVES bleach. He rolls around, licking it, it has a more severe effect than catnip.  It's very mild as it's mixed in with water to wash to kitchen floors so hopefully it won't do him any harm.

Urgent - Schuey, however dilute it is, I wouldn't let Henry lick it or roll in it (it'll offset onto his fur and then he'll ingest it during grooming) any more. It will be harmful to him.

PS I'm glad he's settling into his new routine with you.  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 14:36:55 PM »
Cats, like other animals, will have different reactions to substances than us humans.  Bleach is attractive to them because of the amonia in it.  Most cats will stay away but if Henry is showing signs that he likes it and wants to drink it, then please please please keep him away from it.  Even mild in water, if he's tempted to drink it it will cause serious harm from abdominal cramping, vomitting etc.

Sorry to sound like a nag  :Luv:

Offline schuey100

• Adult Cat
    • Homepage
Good news and WEIRD behaviour
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 14:31:01 PM »
We've finally had Henry long enough to get used to us and we let him out this weekend for the firs time. He's been dying to get into the garden since the first day we picked him up :) No problems with him so far, he always makes his way back after an hour just to check we're still here.

Now for the weird bit!!

He LOVES bleach. He rolls around, licking it, it has a more severe effect than catnip. It's hilarious. Does anyone else have cats that react the same way?

It's so funny. It's very mild as it's mixed in with water to wash to kitchen floors so hopefully it won't do him any harm.

Link to CatChat