Author Topic: my kitten likes bread  (Read 1544 times)

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
Re: my kitten likes bread
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 11:38:09 AM »
I dont think cats should have Carbohydrates or that was what i was told when Lilly took a liking to Quavers crisps lol

i've never seen tilda so excited as when she could smell some cheesy doritos   ;D  i made sure smelling them was as close as she got though.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
I dont think cats should have Carbohydrates or that was what i was told when Lilly took a liking to Quavers crisps lol

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:25:35 AM »
so, is bread ok for cats? - i mean as a treat every now and again

I personally would not give bread as a treat, as there are too many additives also although not yeast dough as such Yeast dough: Can expand in the stomach, possibly rupturing the stomach or intestineTreatments
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
my kitten likes bread
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 23:39:20 PM »
i think i'm lucky in that my 4 month old seems to have streotypical tastes, so far all fish and meat have gone down well, as have all brands of wet or dry food, she hasn't yet turned up her nose at anything.

Today while slicing some wholemeal bread she started begging for it, so i thought i'd let her see that it wasn't worth begging over by giving her a tiny bit thinking she'd ignore it. She loved it!  :rofl:  I just gave her a couple of pea sized bits.

so, is bread ok for cats? - i mean as a treat every now and again.

Link to CatChat