Author Topic: Lexy may have asthma...!!!  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Lexy may have asthma...!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 20:18:29 PM »
:) thanks Lynn. It was more the wheezing that worried me. The vet said it was something rhinitis something allergy. I didn't pay much attention since I was relieved it wasn't asthma ir any other bronchial ailment. Vet wasn't worried.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 19:01:28 PM »
Was just gonna say this doesnt sound like asthma but i see the vet has already been,

Cody has occasionally been out of breath for a very short while after vigorous excericse aswell X

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 23:32:59 PM »
That's good news Kittybabe, do they know what her allergy is to?

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 23:28:31 PM »
So glad Lexy is ok Kitty.   :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 14:09:06 PM »
Well its not asthma. Minor allergy.  Her lungs are clear and she's healthy. :)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »
She's been ok the last day or so, only started trying to breathe heavily after playtime, but not distressed in any way. I do think its just me being paranoid!

I usually have bowls of water by the radiators in all the rooms because of my sinuses, and since I noticed this I've also dropped the temparature in the rooms she hangs about in just in case.

We'll see what the vet says tomorrow, hopefully all ok.

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 23:57:32 PM »
Hi Ruth,

One of my cats, Monty, also has asthma that isvfairly severe and means he needs to be on daily medication. I am trying to get him used to the aerocat inhaler at the moment but he doesn`t want to know!!

If you think the central heating is causing a problem you can put a bowl of water in the room to try and counteract the dryness.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 09:25:34 AM »
Good morning Kitty,

Yes asthma is a manageable condition but it does not sound as though your puss has asthma.  Spotty was in a really bad way with his chest and his breathing when I took him to the Vet, he was certainly not running around and chasing things.  He now has medication but he does not have it unless he takes a turn for the worse with his breathing, on the whole he leads a normal life as do many people with asthma.
I do not get stressed about it because I know what the condition is and I know what to do as does the rest of the family if he needs extra care.
Let us know how you get on.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 21:52:11 PM »
Hi my cat Yumi was recently diagnosed with Asthma dont panic it is a manageable conditon let us know how you get on xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 21:31:28 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm hoping she remains ok. I bought her a new toy today one of those fishing rods that has a ball attached to the elastic string and a feather tail attached. Lexy went nuts for it. Got all aggressive and huntress on me when I tried to take it away. Even though she ran around a bit her breathing remained steady so I'm hoping its me just being "ancy nancy" as my OH says!! It could be the central heating just dried her up a bit. Vet didn't sound too concerned. Even changed the appt to Saturday saying that if I worried to bring her in immediately but if she's not stressing then it can wait..... Oh well.

Yvonne have you found that you stress more than your babe ??

Name is Ruth. Most just call me kitty (its a pet name OH uses...)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 20:10:59 PM »
My Spotty is asthmatic and has been for about a year now.  He lives with it and only has medication when his breathing is really bad.  More humans and animals are going down with asthma due to the crap in the atmosphere.
The x-ray should confirm it one way or the other.

By the way what is your name?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 19:07:45 PM »
Fingers and paws crossed here too for you and Lexy xxx

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 18:09:32 PM »
I hope your baby is ok & well again soon - please keep us updated. My fingers, and my boys paws, are crossed.
Cat xxxxx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Lexy may have asthma...!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 17:25:42 PM »
My baby has been showing signs of rapid breathing and some wheezing, I noticed yesterday, initially I thought it was her trying to cough up a fur ball. Anyway, went onto fabcats and saw the bit about asthma and the signs they tell you it can be displayed as are certainly  what madam is doing.

She's not distressed in any way, in fact is being a little hellion so I'm not stressing myself.

Vet is going to come see her tomorrow so that she can eliminate all other possible causes before any x-rays.

Fingers crossed for us peeps....can't imagine my baby having this, but was surprised to learn it can be quiet common!

Will keep you posted.

Link to CatChat