Author Topic: My Kitten has a cold  (Read 2736 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: My Kitten has a cold
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 18:28:29 PM »
bisolvon is really good, but you'd need to get that from the vets aswell.

Offline pippivixen

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Billie. 10/05/90 - 05/12/06
    • The Tearoom, a forum for all Mystery Shoppers.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 18:24:24 PM »
 :thanks: for the replies

He has slept most of this afternoon, making little snoring noises  :Crazy:  poor Cloud, she was wondering when play time was going to happen, I have had to have the day off as I have a tooth abcess and merchandising was going to be a no no with a throbbing face, so at least I was at home to keep an eye on him, I tried the vicks in steam as I had my bath, he was snuggled up on a towel, it helped me as well !! and I am sure he is feeling a bit better now. I will keep a close eye on him and if in doubt take him to the vets.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 18:25:19 PM by pippivixen »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 18:04:22 PM »
Has he got discharge from his nose? if so, he may have a secondary bacterial infection, in which case I think it sounds like he needs antibiotics too. Wipe away any crusty discharge with wet tissue or cotton wool. Your vet can also give you something called Bisolvon powder which is helpful in respiratory disease - it can just be sprinkled in the food - think its ok for kittens. If he's not completely better by the 17th I would delay the 2nd jab anyway, as it should only be given to healthy kittens/cats.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 17:19:51 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, very sorry to hear about your sick cat.

I would defo take him back to vets if he stays how he is cos 17th is a long way away.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 15:57:49 PM »
if he's blocked up then you could get your bathroom very very steamy ie run a hot bath etc and put a bit on vicks etc in it then take the kitten into the bathroom for 10 mins or so (draininng the bath first to make sure it doesnt jump in !)

maybe be tho if its that bad you need to go back to the vets and get some antibiotics,

Offline pippivixen

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Billie. 10/05/90 - 05/12/06
    • The Tearoom, a forum for all Mystery Shoppers.
My Kitten has a cold
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 14:56:32 PM »
Hi

This is my first post, I was directed here by a member from MSE.  :thanks:

I lost my beloved Billie in November, she had a large cancerous tumour on her neck and although young in her 16 years, the time had come for her to go.  :( The house was desperatly empty without her, so I went to a local rescue centre and came home with a 18 month old and her 8 week old grey kitten (Cloud) and another 8 week old black kitten (Misty) who had been rejected by his Mum when the other 6 kittens had been rehomed.

The Mum who we have called Shadow, kept sneezing when I got her back and I put it down to a new home (and dust!!) and new smells, but both kittens were fine, until they had their fist vaccinations, the grey kitten had no reaction at all, but Misty has started coughing, then sneezing and now has a blocked nose and noisy breathing, I have phoned the Vet who has said as long as he is still playing, eating and drinking, the cold will lift soon and they are back there for their second jabs on the 17th anyway.

But I feel so sorry for the poor little mite, he is having to breathe through his mouth and his little nose is all bunged up, the Vet said just leave it, he will clean himself, but surely there is something I can do to help ?, I am asthmatic and know the distress of not being able to breathe properly, has anyone any suggestions ?, would eucalyptus help ?. I am surprised I have managed to type all of this as he is sitting on my shoulder and sneezing all over the keyboard !!! :sick:

Thanks

Pippi

Link to CatChat