Author Topic: Not happy with my cat  (Read 4832 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Not happy with my cat
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 21:11:25 PM »
iain...dont know if this is in english..(volume on my comp is off) but heres the scene..you gotta watch to the end bit to see what i am on about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HffDW7p4pC8

Offline IainMcT

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 21:05:16 PM »
now i cant get that orrible seen with miss mann out of my head..i gringed with eeeeuuugghhhh YUK at that bit of the film !

Haven't seen the film and no, I don't hang down to my knees. Mandu sits on the toilet waiting for me to finish brushing my teeth and get in the shower because she likes the running water. The en suite bathroom in my bedroom is small and the basin is close to the wc. In fact its about one small cats arm and paw distance away.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 19:41:13 PM »
yep he's like a bear with a sore head at the mo gill...cant see it changing in the immediate future either till run gets built...if only he'd be like fraser and be content with the large enclosure they have !!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 18:56:25 PM »
Poor Sebastian  :'(

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 18:46:28 PM »
now i cant get that orrible seen with miss mann out of my head..i gringed with eeeeuuugghhhh YUK at that bit of the film !

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 18:17:28 PM »
seb is a very unhappy boy just now gill, he hasnt been out in the open for ages since the cat shed is permanently locked due to the new cat run not yet been built...and i'm not away to ask dh to do it until after the new year...then i'll start nagging.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 17:44:25 PM »
I am lucky cos have a double door at front and must get round to makinging the inner one stay shut when the front door opens!! Its a pain cos I have to lock it all the time and then its hard get all shopping in as it has to be done in 3 stages grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Lynn I think its time for another Sebastian picture  ;D ;D

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 17:37:10 PM »
Have seen it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 16:50:59 PM »
yeah linda but thats when your oh is sitting down, i take it iain is standing up when brushing his teeth so i have a nasty picture of iains bits looking like the PE teacher (Miss Mann) off of scary movie film (you'll need to have seen it to understand  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 16:26:12 PM »
LOL, Lubo kicks out like a rabbit with his back legs to power his run (even if he is on your lap!).  He has caught OH a few times in this region  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 16:20:33 PM »
My god Iain...do yours really hang that low ???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline IainMcT

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 16:06:37 PM »
Lisa, I wouldn't get angry with your cat for going on a sprint. When a cat swipes at your testicles when you are brushing your teeth that's the time to get angry.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 10:49:21 AM »
You need to practice the cat owners shuffle as you enter your house  :rofl: I've perfected mine! 

Yep, you got that right Susanne  :rofl: and I can just picture Cheesecat's hallway multitasking too! You should see my elegant 'cos' when I come in laden with stuff  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Lisa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »
Your right, partially banishment it is then! I would never forgive myself if anything happened to her.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 10:43:56 AM »
HIYA. 

THE others have left good advice and even if you dont shut her in the kitchen is there a hall door you can have shut ??

I also understand your knee jerk reaction to the shouting, you knew if was silly but it was just the panic thing coming out in you so dont worry she'll have forgotten all about it.  Only yesterday my bathroom window was open about 1 cm and the door was shut but when my son went for a pee sebastian who is desperate to get out since hes not allowed into his run due to it falling down and hubby not been here to make the new one...anyways seb lept up knocking everything flying and barged the window open and was just about to leap off when i managed to reach out so fast i near put my arm out of joint and i just grabbed...unfortunately for seb as he was half out it was the skin on his back and i basically had to haul a 9.5 kg cat in by the skin and hair on his back which hurt him as he wailed painfully but it was the only thing i could grab as anther split second he'd be away and i wasnt going through that again !!
However he seems ok today and since i fed him all was forgiven !

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »
You could allow her in there any other time than when the front door will be opened though, so its not complete banishment!

My two can go in the front room when I am in there, or when my bf is in there, etc - but if we are out they are locked out, they are getting used to it now - we just put all their favourite things in the spare room (now the cat room  :innocent:) such as their tree, favourite bed, etc so they don't feel like they're denied access to them.
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Lisa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 10:29:06 AM »
Hi Lisa, sorry if this is stating the obvious, can you not shut the doors before you go out so your furbabe does not have access to the front door(better safe than sorry in my book)
My cats are always shut in the kitchen during the day while we are out as we have a cockateil and it's what they are used to They have their beds food and toys oh and litter tray so they are comfortable :Luv: Jackie

I said this to hubs last night, but he disagreed cos she does spend a lot of time in there, so he thinks its cruel. i dont agree with him, i'm going to have to start shutting the door on her i think. Like you say better safe than sorry  :(

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 09:53:30 AM »
haha I think I am getting there. I have come through the door with my bag, a couple of bags of shopping and my car keys in hand, in the dark and managed to scoop the cats out of the way AND pick up the mail, close the door and turn the light on at the same time!

They are butter though, as at the same time, they are perfectly their "ambush mum" routine and like to try different ways of surprising me at the door! (eg: one on shelf, one on floor in a double attack!)  :rofl:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »
You need to practice the cat owners shuffle as you enter your house  :rofl: I've perfected mine! 

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »
My cats usually wait to ambush me when I come in, but never get outside (which is good as we have no garden just path, then road!)

I have noticed since putting up the tree and banishing them from the front room (where the front door leads to on entry) that it is so much easier to get in the door when I come home from work without having to prepare to fight off cats while struggling in with my stuff in the dark before managing to turn the light on!

It will stay like this now, for the cats safety and my sanity!!!  :innocent:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 09:14:57 AM »
can you not shut the doors before you go out so your furbabe does not have access to the front door

Sorry I was typing mine while you posted yours but took a break for a phone call, so I wasn't pinching your idea.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 09:17:37 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 09:13:15 AM »
was so angry i REALLY shouted at her   and i feel mega guilty now. she shot upstairs and i was so upset i couldnt bring myself to go to her until she came skulking down about an hour later looking very sheepish.
I just hope its taught her a lesson.
Any tips on green cross code teaching for cats?

As you know it was not the cats fault, she is unable to take in the implications and dangers outside, we as humans are and next time she may not be so lucky. You always need to use the double door system, that is a door  needs always be closed between the door you enter your home and where the cats is.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 09:10:20 AM »
Hi Lisa, sorry if this is stating the obvious, can you not shut the doors before you go out so your furbabe does not have access to the front door(better safe than sorry in my book)
My cats are always shut in the kitchen during the day while we are out as we have a cockateil and it's what they are used to They have their beds food and toys oh and litter tray so they are comfortable :Luv: Jackie

Offline Lisa

• Adult Cat
Not happy with my cat
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 08:57:47 AM »
Cleo always waits for me when i get home from work in the dining room. she has a v bad habit of running out into the front garden as soon as i open the door.
Last night she went a step further.
She ran straight into the garden, and across the road. granted its not a main road and not that busy but still.
So anyway she was across the road, i was running across to fetch her, a car came down, so she panicked (not used to the noise) and ran straight up the road (on the path) back across the road (luckily nothing coming) then she was so confused as to where she was she carried on running up the road (on the path still) and almost got to the top where another road is when she turned and belted back and i managed to get her in.
I was so angry i REALLY shouted at her  :'( and i feel mega guilty now. she shot upstairs and i was so upset i couldnt bring myself to go to her until she came skulking down about an hour later looking very sheepish.
I just hope its taught her a lesson.
Any tips on green cross code teaching for cats? :doh:

Link to CatChat