Author Topic: A proper approach to help animals?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: A proper approach to help animals?
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 11:22:54 AM »
the only things I'm happy to squish are fleas

Even then I feel guilty but know it must be done. & ticks of course, nothing like a nice fat juicy tick.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 16:52:21 PM »
wouldn't want to mess with Ela! 

You would do right, where a cats happiness is concerned anyway. Otherwise I am a bug softie.

Couldn't agree more Ela, the only things I'm happy to squish are fleas! :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 09:11:42 AM »
wouldn't want to mess with Ela! 

You would do right, where a cats happiness is concerned anyway. Otherwise I am a bug softie.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
I wouldn't want to mess with Ela!  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 08:24:28 AM »
Will find some links etc for you Pete, but what I remember offhand is that they are against people owning cats and dogs as pets.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 04:47:10 AM »
Yes agree it is awful the RSPC don't force more issues than they do. A very tame organisation!!! Hmm better not go there too much or i would be here all night!!

I just wish we (Cats Protection) had the same powers as the RSPCA, I can tell you this , if we did folks would have to watch out.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 00:17:27 AM »
Yes agree it is awful the RSPC don't force more issues than they do. A very tame organisation!!! Hmm better not go there too much or i would be here all night!!

Pete
Ya know you can modify your own posts if ya want to change it. Just hit the Modify button on the right of the actual post.
Tan
x

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 22:37:18 PM »
Thanks Des. I'd be interersted in any PETA comments even if we take it off line.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 21:47:49 PM »
Wow is all I can say to that Pete, I am overwhelmed by some of the stats in that.
The only other thing I will say is that from what I have read, I am not sure that the PETA do excellent work.
Please spay your cat

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 19:44:30 PM »
should read simply rely on the excellent work of PETA.........etc

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
A proper approach to help animals?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 19:43:13 PM »
I thought fellow animal lovers would be interested in the Humane society Of the United States review of success in 2006. I am sure they would not claim to be perfect but their activity in this and more with a strong political lobby of both Republicans and Democrats is what the RSCPCA is charged with doing.

This was not initially intended as another knock the RSPCA thread but you can't help but wonder what the United Kingdom version of the Humane Society is doing and why they aren't treading on more toes rather than offering mild rebukes. The HSUS get national media publicity, have spent time cultivating politicians and have got in people's faces. Why do we have to rely on the excellent work of PETA and other splendid organisations to say it as it is and actually try to change things?

I hope the slideshow link works. The pictures are not gruesome but still mange to convey the problems which are being tackled head on. have a look at some of the stats.

http://multimedia.hsus.org/slideshow-2006/slideshow-2006.html?source=gabau7

Link to CatChat