Author Topic: I'm sooooo happy! :-)  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: I'm sooooo happy! :-)
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 22:30:01 PM »
Well done Lottie! So excited for you!!

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 22:28:38 PM »
Me thinks Miss Boopy will be looking to foreign shores for boyfriend material

Lol she certainly will. Have got my eye on a few as you know  ;)
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 22:24:55 PM »
Good News Lottie  :)  Me thinks Miss Boopy will be looking to foreign shores for boyfriend material being such a sophisticat  :rofl:

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 22:19:35 PM »
Pmsl!!! Bilbo certainly looks the part, very exotic!!!

He's very excited about having a foreign girlfriend lol  :rofl:

Offline Amy

• Adult Cat
  • Minty & Toffee
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 20:26:17 PM »
Pmsl!!! Bilbo certainly looks the part, very exotic!!!
Congrats Lottie Miss Boopy certainly is fantastic (french accent!!)  :)

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 20:04:43 PM »
I wouldn't have thought it's any more risky than them having any other vaccination at that age. Aww bless his 14 year old paws! Has he learnt to meow in French yet? Bilbo Baggins has started practising ready for Miss Boopy coming home.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 19:20:44 PM »

Aww how old is she? I'm sure she'll be fine and at least you'll be able to cuddle her while she has her vaccinations. You can get them to do 2 vaccinations before the blood test if you are worried rather than having to pay out twice for blood tests. Just make sure you allow plenty of time to get everything done before you need the passport to be valid (blood tests can take a while to get the results of).
[/quote]

Korky is 14 years old which is why I am so worried about having it done.  We spend the summers in France and at the moment he stays home with my mum who has lived with us since before we got Korky so I would like that situation to continue.  However, without boring you with too much detail, she is in her nineties and I feel I ought to have a fall back situation.  We wouldn't need his passport to be valid until we were coming back into the UK  but obviously we wouldn't take him out of the country until we knew his blood results were OK

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 18:33:44 PM »
Korky is at the other end of the scale and I've heard that older cats can need 2 vaccinations

Aww how old is she? I'm sure she'll be fine and at least you'll be able to cuddle her while she has her vaccinations. You can get them to do 2 vaccinations before the blood test if you are worried rather than having to pay out twice for blood tests. Just make sure you allow plenty of time to get everything done before you need the passport to be valid (blood tests can take a while to get the results of).

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 18:29:38 PM »

Miss Boopy's worked first time and she was only 3 months old when she had it done (apparently young animals are more likely to need 2 rabies vaccinations I've read) As far as I am aware she had no reaction to it. I'm afriad I don't know which vaccine it was she had as she's over in France.

Korky is at the other end of the scale and I've heard that older cats can need 2 vaccinations

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 18:12:06 PM »
:cheer:  I can understand how you feel.  Korky is probably going to have the vaccination early next year and its a worry that it might have to be repeated if it doesn't work sufficiently first time, especially as you read awful tales about injection site reacions to rabies vaccine (thats one of the reasons I say probably rather than definitely).

Presumably Miss Boopy had no adverse reaction to the vaccine.  Do you know which of the available vaccines it was that she had?

Miss Boopy's worked first time and she was only 3 months old when she had it done (apparently young animals are more likely to need 2 rabies vaccinations I've read) As far as I am aware she had no reaction to it. I'm afriad I don't know which vaccine it was she had as she's over in France.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 18:08:00 PM »
 :cheer:  I can understand how you feel.  Korky is probably going to have the vaccination early next year and its a worry that it might have to be repeated if it doesn't work sufficiently first time, especially as you read awful tales about injection site reacions to rabies vaccine (thats one of the reasons I say probably rather than definitely).

Presumably Miss Boopy had no adverse reaction to the vaccine.  Do you know which of the available vaccines it was that she had?

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 18:01:31 PM »
Yep it's one more step closer to her coming home. Her airline approved carrier is on it's way over to her at the moment lol so she's got plenty of time to get used to it. Just looking forward to when I can go and pick her up (prob end of June after my uni exams) as until then it won't feel like she's *my* cat if you know what I mean. Should be getting new pics of her soon too, yay!

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 17:59:05 PM »
They have to have a blood test after their rabies vaccination to show that it has given them adequate protection against rabies. They have to have a result equal to or more than 0.5 IU/ml and Miss Boopy's was 1.24 IU/ml  :cheer: :cheer: Never thought I'd be quite so excited about a blood test result lol.

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 17:58:56 PM »
That's brilliant news Lottie!  :cheer:

Hopefully once Christmas is over the time will fly and before you know it you can bring Miss Boopy home!!!  :fish:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 17:54:48 PM »
I can see how excited you are and can't help but be swept up in your joy  ;D

But for someone who hasn't been involved in this sort of thing and isn't medical - what does it mean? Please tell!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
I'm sooooo happy! :-)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 17:50:30 PM »
I know it's not exciting to anyone except me but I got the fantastic news a few minutes ago that Miss Boopy's rabies neutralising titre blood test results are back and they are above the level they needed to be!  :cheer: :cheer:  :clap:
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. Best Christmas pressie I could have asked for  :xmas 7: She can now enter the UK from May 8th 2007   :cheer: :cheer:

Link to CatChat