Author Topic: The Tail of Two Christmas Trees  (Read 3535 times)

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
Re: The Tail of Two Christmas Trees
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 13:03:41 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Thats really made me laugh!!!!I suppose for all of us cat chatters it isn,t so hard to try and imagine !! Merry Xmas  x x

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 12:59:06 PM »
My tree has been up a while now (I love christmas!!) it's a real one about 7 foot and the fredster was quite relaxed about it, other than the odd nibble on some pines untiil a few days ago, i was working in the office, OH was out and I heard the loudest crash, that'll be the tree I thought and wandered through, of course he was sitting on the other side of the room looking innocent, having a wee wash, the tree was upright! and other than one piece of tinsel on the hall floor(?) and some lights on the floor everything looked relatively okay, I can only assume that he managed to straighten the tree and redecorate it in the time it took me to reach the room....my flat is not THAT big though, maybe it just swayed and rightened itself, either way he has not shown much interest in it since so I'm happy :)

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 07:58:23 AM »
Awwwwwww......That,s just how a happy home should be....full of love and chaos!!!!! Your place sounds like a right old laugh!!.......are you taking bookings for xmas???I,d love to come ,even if your tree is lop'sided and half eaten....better than these boring homes where your too afraid to sneeze or ruin the cushion display!!! HA HA ! merry xmas x x x  :rofl:j

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 23:38:58 PM »
Well belated Happy Birthday for your 21st  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I stopped at twenty five and if someone asked me how old I was I didnt know  :rofl: :rofl:

Unfortunately there comes a time when you need to know but wont admit to anyone except them dat pays da money  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They say you are as young as you feel so I reckon I must be about 200!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well in the winter, Only 150 in the Summer :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Oh yes I wanna see your distressed tree on here, I loved the pictures of Cody in it when it was new...................if Misa decided he like the Christmas tree it would be a disaster cos he is far too big for it and so is Madam Sasa. The only ones who seem the remotest bit interested are the birmans but its only to try and eat it :Crazy: I mean eating an artifical tree!!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 22:56:08 PM »
Gill ... your the day after me for your birthday...well mine isnt a birthday from now on but merely the aniversary of my 21st so this year is the 9th aniversary of my 21st  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (this is what billy connoly does !!)

I havent taken a pic of the "distressed" tree but i am always trying to perk it up !!!

if its not the cat its the bloody kids...actually it does look rather scabby now so i will take a pic in a couple of days for ya..apparently cody knocked it down twice when i wasnt here !

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 22:49:00 PM »
 :xmas 5:

Thanks ajay.......I must get my tree on here.....its absolutely fine but I am concerned about the grass eating by Ducha and now also Franta..........its the same branch every time and Ducha definately had lametta in his mouth this morning and was licking away grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Dont think he actually ate any though.

Would have thought he has got fed up of being told off but nooooooooooooooo :rofl: :rofl:

:xmas: ajay and everyone.

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 19:04:01 PM »
Merry Xmas Gill!!!! That,s given me such a giggle....so true too !God Bless and thanks for the good advice and support love Jayne x x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 16:37:54 PM »
This needs a picture of Lynns distressed tree  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 15:55:18 PM »
Last night after Amber had removed the same bauble 3 times from the tree (from different places as well) I decided I would let her have that bauble as she obviously liked it and then she might leave the tree alone.
How silly can you get??????

This morning I could see the bauble but Amber did the 'cant see it, must've lost it, gotta get another'

This afternoon though I nearly killed her both figuratively and literally :o !!!

After telling all my friends not to put ribbons on any present for me as I have to cut them off as soon as they come into the flat. Today Im wrapping presents for others. Left the room to get something from the next room, came back to find Amber gulping away at the xmas ribbon. Tried to get it but she ran away so I chased her into the bedroom and grabbed her and took away one peice of very soggy chewed ribbon.
little  :censored:

love
Tab

Offline Emma S

• Adult Cat
  • Meg and Darcey
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 15:33:49 PM »
Wee, I stupidly gave in and put my christmas tree up last night. My OH assured me that the cats would be far less bother this christmas, as last year they were kittens and could easily climb all over the tree. He told me that this year, being big grown-up girls, they wouldn't be interested in climbing the big, sparkly, bauble-filled tree...

I did think he was being a tad optimistic but went along with it anyway.

Within approximately 10 seconds of my girl Darcey being in the room with the tree, she was hurtling herself towards it and pole-dancing up and down the centre :evillaugh:

My OH (god bless him) had this odd notion that if he laid on the floor under the tree and shouted at her, she would come down. He seems to think that cats listen to anything us human slaves have to say!!! Needless to say, he did not succeed, and we spent the whole evening cringing as the tree swayed from side to side :tired:

My OH also commented on how our other girl Meg didn't go anywhere near the tree...he seemed a little suprised when I pointed out that she is the clever one of the two and is almost certainly waiting for us to leave the room before she plans her attack of the christmas tree :evillaugh:

I am sure they think we have only put it there as a lovely big toy for them to play with. Next year I am getting a cheapy fibre optic tree and being done with it 
:givein:
Love Emma & the girls - Meg and Darcey xxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 11:17:55 AM »
Oh that had me  :rofl:

I must get a picture of mine up on here tonight, at present I have only had odd balls on the floor but Have my speakers next to it too and they would be in so much trouible if the got on top of them cos they would knock my cat ornaments off and they would definately be up for the high jump!

Right to work grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 09:46:10 AM »
 :xmas 5:

Morning all,

Well the Christmas tree installation went un-nervingly well yesterday evening as you can see from my earlier post with Alfie and Frankie much more interested in sitting in opposite ends of the large cardboard box that it came out of. I went to bed fully expecting that they would have trashed it overnight but, to my suprise (and mild dissapointment), only one bauble lay on the carpet this morning.

:notme: :angel:

Lulled into a false sense of Christmas tree security I went to take a shower and whilst doing so I heard a bit of a rumpus. On investigation the sight that met my eyes was of Alfie sitting on top of an adjacent hi-fi speaker trying to eat my tree and pulling at the branches with his mouth setting up a sort of lateral swaying motion and Frankie thought this was much too much fun not to join in and started trying to climb up the front of the tree causing the swaying motion to turn into a highly un-stable gyrating movement sort of like one of those bridges that you see collapsing in an earth tremour or hurricane-strength winds. Needless to say baubles and other tree decorations started to rain down in a constant shower. I was laughing so much I managed to grab my camera and get a few shots which, if they come out, I'll upload this evening. I decided to leave the tree in its distressed state today as there seemed little point in re-decorating it as I'm sure that they'd have trashed it again while I'm out of work and I'll have another go this evening. :). I only really bought the tree for them so was a little dissapointed that they didn't wreck it sooner but my faith in them doing so was fully re-assured this morning :). The suprising this is that the tree is still upright ans stood up to their antics very well, note to bridging engineers, my cats could give their computer-generated designs a run for their money :).

:givein:

Leigh
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:56:55 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 22:28:41 PM »
mmm, I have a fibre optic tree which I have not put up - suspect I would end up with a fibre optic cat (or three!)  :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 21:20:54 PM »
We have the 3 fibre optics (new house is on the big side - location operfect for the clan and house to big for only 2 adults but the purrbvalls are everywhere!) and to date I pick up 3 trees every morning and reinstate in bases but all still complete and they haven't noticed the garlands on the pictures yet so perhaps parents will win this year!!!! :sneaky:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 20:36:58 PM »
Here you go, complete with their Christmas stockings,

Wonder how long it'll last before my lot get at it :)

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 14:09:43 PM »
When is "12th night"?? lol Roz, is your birthday Christmas eve??

If so, we have the same birthday  ;D rubbish though, isnt it??
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:54:31 AM »
Yes i do remember Roz. Also remember the lead up to it and all the problems and worry. This year you will be able to celebrate properly  :rofl: :rofl:

Well its my birthday on Sat and I travel down to London but as I dont drink , I will still be standing! However whether anything in the house will be by Sunday is another matter cos got up this morning and there has been ummmmmmmm something happened in the kitchen and litter is all over the floor but have just checked on the tree and that seems to be OK.

Last night when I went to bed Miss Sasa was in the bedroom hiding behind the bed and Ducha who was on the bed by then  knew something was wrong.............he could smell an alien cat in his bedroom but couldnt work it out phewwwwwwwwwwwww. I dont know where she moved to or how she got out but she did. Cos prob is at night the two birman monsters guard the top of the stairs!!

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 22:58:53 PM »
Well, I'll tell ya what won't be standing on 12th Night.......Yours truly... ha ha  :evillaugh:....cos it's me birthday!!!

Last year I was treated to Jet's operation on that day....does anyone remember that?...and how I slept while he was being operated on....cos I'd been up with him all night and taken him to the emergency vet at the hospital..... and then (unexpectedly) they brought his op forward to THAT DAY...while I was getting some shut-eye? So gonna make up for it this birthday.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 23:02:27 PM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 22:30:01 PM »
Well I havent even got round to taking a picture of the finished thing yet and just been in the front room and there is a ball on the floor along with lametta!! Sasa was undeneath tree and looking guilty and have never seen a cat trying to look so innocent but positively guilty as Misa who was hiding round the back  :shify:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 16:04:06 PM »
I am sure the lights may be tempting  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 16:03:04 PM »
I've just bought a new tree with the cats in mind. It's a fibre optic one, so I don't need to put ornaments on it to tempt the little  :censored: s!  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
The Tail of Two Christmas Trees
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 15:57:17 PM »
I was debating which place to put this but thought as it will involve the little perishers, it had to go here.

I think we should put up the pictures of our trees when dressed and when undressed by the purry ones and lets see what is still standing by 12th night   :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat