Author Topic: Need an uplift or inspiration  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Need an uplift or inspiration
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 13:12:36 PM »
Couldn't agree more Ela, I operate along the same lines  ;)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 11:57:31 AM »
you are very wisein my book

One has to be, as some of the big wigs don't even own a cat I expect and would not know one end from another.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 11:14:27 AM »
Shoot! Sorry I mean, of course, Ela. If I could type I could be dangerous!  :sorry:
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 11:12:50 AM »
Spot on Eal and for what it is worth you are very wisein my book. :welcome:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »
you volunteer for a  national Charity and have to the suffer the idiocy of paid jobsworths often far removed from reality who 'bark' ridiculous orders with monotonous regularity or

In these cases I take my own advice and that is 'rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men'. (Not that I really think I am wise but I am certainly no fool)
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 21:56:32 PM »
Nice one Pete

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 18:20:48 PM »
Power of the voice!!! Notice it takes one person who has courage to stand up and people will follow and support!!! The Wonderful rescues are our "one person" and we will stand up for them and follow!!!

Great Pete  :clap:

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Need an uplift or inspiration
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 14:52:10 PM »
Nobody said spreading the word or any form of cat rescue and associated work was easy. Sometimes we all need to recharge our batteries and take the fight forward.  :duel:

The frontline rescue workers have it the worst and my hearts go out to them.  :where:

So have do you take stock and renew your engines?   :drink:

Single focus is part of the answer.

So whether:

1.  you volunteer for a  national Charity and have to the suffer the idiocy of paid jobsworths often far removed from reality who 'bark' ridiculous orders with monotonous regularity or

2. you have to be nice to members of the public who have got you by the  :censored: and who you would like to throttle or

3. You are wondering if your efforts are making a difference (NB I had Des in mind after her upset at fund-raising results the other week). File them away. You live to fight another day.

Here is one of Beanie's inspirations and remedies. It is based on the fact that nothing will defeat the human spirit in adversity - however tough and uncompromising the opposition will be. The attached link is my favourite clip of any film but has a wide ranging message of total and utter defiance in pursuit of an honourable and just cause. It goes way beyond the scene in the film. Try it.

So my link is to a clip from the classic film Casablanca (Humphrey Bogart, Claude Rains & Ingrid Bergman)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFcQo_duyJU

Link to CatChat