Author Topic: Old mobile phones for recycling...do the rescues want them?  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
Re: Old mobile phones for recycling...do the rescues want them?
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 22:41:42 PM »
Thankyou Roz, your help is much appreciated. I`ve got all my fingers crossed for him! I`m just making a poster up to put in some of the local vets to try and grab some attention. He`s so happy to be back at the vets bless him, only because it`s so familiar to him.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 22:04:31 PM »
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for that info. Des told me that there was a rescue near her that took them too so I shall definitely send them to an animal charity rather than one of the other charities that already receives lots of money/goods. I often have such things for recycling but didn't realise until recently that they could raise money for charities.

I was just going to send you an e-mail re Oscar (Balo)  So sorry to hear about his latest set-back and loss of new home, but can understand why it happened.  Hopefully, another home will come along soon.  Glad to hear that he's making good progress at the vets though.  It's so difficult trying to re-home current FLUTD cases because they can be so costly can't they? Poor little babe.  I will re-activate my attempts at trying to find him a new home my end.

Lots of love

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 20:46:50 PM »
Roz,  I don`t know if this helps you but at work we had some information through from The Blue Cross saying that they are looking for old mobile phones. I think you can find more information at www.blueecross.org.uk/mobiles.

Hope this helps!   ;)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Old mobile phones for recycling...do the rescues want them?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've got a couple of old mobile phones that I shall be sending to a well known charity for recycling unless there is an animal charity who would like them.  (the animals always come first... :Luv:)

Anyone know who I should post them to......?

Lots of love

Roz
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 13:35:28 PM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Link to CatChat