Author Topic: help, cats being a pain  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: help, cats being a pain
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 17:32:32 PM »
Why not continue with the chicken as well as the JWB? would that be possible? I mean, if they like the chicken, then it would be much better than a solely dry food diet, and if they will eat both then they'll be getting all the nutriients they need. Unfortunately its a myth that dry food cleans the teeth, in fact it has been implicated in poor dental health because the biscuits just shatters on the tooth and the debris accumulates around the teeth making a breeding ground for bacteria (although some of the dental diets have addressed this). The chicken, if you left it in chunks would actually be better for their teeth, gives them something substantial to chew on.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 16:02:41 PM »
I wouldnt worry too much about getting them back onto wet food.
As long as they are eating dry food it doesnt really matter and dry is much better for their teeth !

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 15:49:56 PM »
Have you tried Almo Nature chicken variety - it's got a very high chicken content and looks just like shredded chicken. That might do the trick for them.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 12:56:11 PM »
I would leave them on dry food only for a couple of days then reintroduce the wet food again (make sure they have access to water all the time if they are on a dry only diet).  Also when you reintroduce it sprinkle a few bits of dry on the top.

Cats are know for being very fussy little butter .... I always have several different brands of food in the cupboards for the times when they "go off" one sort.  They will eat one variety for weeks at a time then all of a sudden you'd think I was offering them poison from the looks I get.  I then cahnge to one of the other varietys that they had curled their noses up at a few weeks previously and they wolf it down.

Good luck :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline mischief and kayto

• Adult Cat
help, cats being a pain
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:45:29 PM »
few weeks back mischief was ill  took him to vet, vet thought he had a tummy bug, so gave him antibiotics and reccomended a boiledchicken/white fish diet.

The problem is now he is recovered, but both him and his sister cato have decided they much prefer boiled chicken to anything else. I have to keep throwing away so much uneaten food!!! Now they only eat dry food from JWB and hardly touch their wet food . tried so many brands. how do i get them back onto wet food again.

totally fed up
amiya

Link to CatChat