Author Topic: We have a stray!!!!  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
Re: We have a stray!!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 16:44:55 PM »
theres a lot of young kits around and we wouldn't want to give them nightmares would we lol :innocent: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 16:15:33 PM »
Photo's please Nick  :rofl: :rofl:

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 09:58:42 AM »
Crazy isn't it ....Peanut comes in same time every morning after a `night on the town' eats his biscuits ravenously (very noisely)then plonks down between my legs and snores.
Have you ever tried to get out of bed without disturbing a cat asleep between your legs ? I get massive calf cramps some mornings trying to lift one leg over me ed  :'( :doh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 23:43:15 PM »
Liz do ya have all of them on ya bed at night? That must be fun!!! ha ha. I end up sleeping in really funny positions cause i wont disturb Giz & Rio's positions and they only two!!!!!

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 21:07:28 PM »
No we aren't that special we just love animals and somehow the ones with issues, disabilities and the ones who just somehow never leave make up our wonderful rainbow family and have us so well trained now that when away on business with work we both can't wait to come home somehow sleeping in a bed with no cats means the duvets moves alot and that purr at 3 in the morning, or the claw of a feral is so missed! ;)

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 20:53:53 PM »
ahhh I'd love to see a pic of your blind boy poor lad. crikey it must be a lot of work feeding that lot. You're a Florence Nightingale of the cat world Liz  :rofl:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 20:41:36 PM »
In answer to some questions - all our cats domestic/feral and Ragdoll are in everynight - can't sleep if one of them is out although we do leave the utility room window open if it goes past mignight on work days!

No minin bus just a ford focus with seats down can do 8 normal cat boxes and a couple of crush cages.

We don't have to much spraying but have worked very hard on that but our blind boy does go head first in to the grit boxes and he points the wrong way but at his age he is 21 on 18 December he has earned the right to have the odd miss!

We work to keep this lot and any we foster and I wouldn't have it any other way! ;D

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 15:09:45 PM »
looks like word has got around the neigbourhood that its free meals and bed at Liz's place lol :rofl:

Would love to see some pics of them all. I can hardly get my two to get along together without hissing and squeals how on earth can you have 37 cats in one house without fighting and spraying ? I think when my darling Peanut goes to the bridge (many years yet I hope) I shall retire work from home and foster lots of cats . Can't think of a better way to live . Well done Liz and Robin
ps tell Robin to roll his sleeves up next time lol :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 13:32:57 PM »
Do ya have a large cat minibus to take all your wonderful babes to the vets?  ;D

Have ya named newest addition  ;D Hows he doing?

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 18:50:59 PM »
He maybe neutered sooner than he thinks he just impaled Robin again on the other wrist!!!  Now have more blood on shirts!

He comes for his tea now but can't pick him up so will work on him and then hopefully get him to the vets and get all the things done he needs done.  Fortunately new vet gives us all the same discounts as old vets so hopefully won't need to use my bonus on him as we have 8 to go at christmas and its worming time again!!!! :shify:

Offline isabel

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »
That's amazing! Do most of them come in at night? Your house must be huge. I'm super impressed :)
Give blood! They'll give you biscuits...

ccmacey

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 10:56:51 AM »
Good for you Liz, this cat must of been dumped if he's so friendly, good job he came to your door and not someone else's.  :)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 10:59:38 AM »
Since number 30 we have not said we have added we just wait to see if they notice even though they are cat lovers most think a tabby cat is a tabby cat - even including our one with 3 legs, one with no tail and 2 white pawed tabbies!  We have 6 blacks to the others come in 3's or in the case of black and whites - 10.

Only issue try writing 37 cats and 2 dogs on Chrissie cards!!!!!! :doh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 08:49:06 AM »
Wonderful, I think you are doing what I hope most true cat caring people would do and  definitely  wish more others would,  instead of screaming down the phone 'come and get this cat yesterday'. Although I find it always easier if you have what the rest of the family think is enough and the incoming cat looks exactly the same as one you have already have, then it can take a while for the family to click on there is another and then usually when the cats are daft enough to stand or sleep near each other and by that time it has a place in their hearts.

Not that I have done that you understand.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »
Our limit is when we can't affford anymore, we don't do holidays and both work full time to support the furkids and the dogs and also foster to - we enjoy it and the rewards outweigh the finances - well in my book but Robin will say when we really can't have more than we have apart from fosters and at that point the clan will stay the size it will be - how ever many it is!

We do have a lot of ferals and bought the ones we could from our previous feeding colony - the rest are with fosterers at our previous location and all bar 2 have moved in and demand special time!!!! ;)

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 00:22:56 AM »
Oh well done LIz, the word obviously got round quick that you're a soft touch!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 21:06:23 PM »
Good for you Liz. Robin surely won't notice with ya big house now!!  :sneaky:

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 20:59:54 PM »
 :rofl: blimey Liz!

I spose one more really IS nothing when you've already got 37... but do you think you've got a limit?
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
We have a stray!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 20:49:08 PM »
Well he has been turning up since our mob had the great escape in July after we moved but he has now been around for a week, un beknown to Robin I have been putting anitbiotics in food in the garage as he looked a bit battle weary - only see him in the dark and tonight he did rolly rolly for Robin then impaled himself in Robins arm - got bllod to and then he sauntered off.

We are going to try trapping him as he's not neutered and speaking to neighbours they think he has been dumped.  He is huge and we have some large boys.  he is black and white and if he goes in to the trap he will be nutless by Christmas then he can stay here - now have heatpads in garage and wendyhouse for Rio who is still awol but seen daily!

So it looks like No. 38 maybe looming but not telling Robin - he may notice that he hasn't left!!!!! :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat