Author Topic: I'm going to miss her  (Read 3249 times)

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
Re: I'm going to miss her
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 16:20:12 PM »
To be honest taking bed, toys, food etc' is ok but your cat will still miss the familiarity. Ideally you want to take a section of carpet as it will smell familiar. Best to just cut out a big square about 2m x 2m. You should also take some clothes so that your scent is there. Unwashed obviously. Underwear is best. Ask your sister to hang your used underwear strategically around the house. Then of course there is furniture. Does your cat ever sleep on the sofa or the bed? If so I would take these too. If you've got time a stroking video might be an idea showing your cats favourite techniques. Tickling under the chin for example. If you do all those things I'm sure your pussy cat will be fine. Just to make sure you can buy spy cameras and hide a couple in your sisters house. Link them up to a computer and you can spy on your sister and make sure she is looking after your cat properly. Will also get to see if she gets up to any shenanigans with the window cleaner.

God Iain....I was reading the first bit with my mouth open. I was still not sure when I got to the underwear bit, but once I read about the furniture, I knew you had to be joking! :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 20:42:28 PM »

And I don't miss them. I just talk to them everyday on the phone and make sure they are behaving.

Ha! A girl....see pees told ya so! And I thought I was nuts.

Offline IainMcT

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 20:34:56 PM »
Thank you Becca!

:P Iain...bet you miss Sid and Mandu and you cry like a girl no?  :evillaugh: :rofl:

My mum looks after my cats so I know they get spoilt rotten. If they are just there for a few days they have the run of her house. If they are there for longer they can go out in the garden. Bit risky though as my mum can't go to bed until about 2am because Sid won't come in. He sits in the middle of the garden and when my mum goes to get him he runs and hides in a bush. She knows my disciplinary methods but is too much of a softy.

Also my ex looks after them as they are her mittens too. She's just bought a new flat and they will be staying there this weekend although I will be there too.

And I don't miss them. I just talk to them everyday on the phone and make sure they are behaving.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 20:29:14 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Iain what would we do without you  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 20:28:33 PM »
Thank you Becca!

:P Iain...bet you miss Sid and Mandu and you cry like a girl no?  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 20:27:13 PM »
BAD Iain. No biscuit.  :rofl:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline IainMcT

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 20:25:08 PM »
To be honest taking bed, toys, food etc' is ok but your cat will still miss the familiarity. Ideally you want to take a section of carpet as it will smell familiar. Best to just cut out a big square about 2m x 2m. You should also take some clothes so that your scent is there. Unwashed obviously. Underwear is best. Ask your sister to hang your used underwear strategically around the house. Then of course there is furniture. Does your cat ever sleep on the sofa or the bed? If so I would take these too. If you've got time a stroking video might be an idea showing your cats favourite techniques. Tickling under the chin for example. If you do all those things I'm sure your pussy cat will be fine. Just to make sure you can buy spy cameras and hide a couple in your sisters house. Link them up to a computer and you can spy on your sister and make sure she is looking after your cat properly. Will also get to see if she gets up to any shenanigans with the window cleaner.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 18:57:21 PM »

Can i ask is this bit a spelling mistake??
(can you tell I'm anal?)
  ;D

Nope!!  :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 18:43:43 PM »
Kitty no way are you alone!! I feel exactly the same and i always to a big document on how to look after my lads. I cry my eyes out at leaving them. I kno wthey will be safe and happy with Saffron (my live in sitter) but noone loves them or knows their little ways except their mum! I hate going away but as we both wotk from home we don'r get a break from work if we don't get out of the house. There'a always someone re work ringing  or popping round on a Sunday. The best bit when ya come home, the 10 mins you are getting closer to the house. I have to control my impatience to get hom e and give them a big cuddle. Steve knows i am all theirs for a few days after we get back!!

Your sis sounds lovely and i am sure Lex will be fine with her. When i come home now, i find them both asleep next to Saffron and pop thier eyes open when i rush in as if to say oh ya back then mum.
It's nice that they are happy when we are away for a bit and it means i can go away without worrying as much. I still have Saff mesage me everyday though!!! ha ha!!

Can i ask is this bit a spelling mistake??
(can you tell I'm anal?)
  ;D

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 18:44:42 PM by Tan »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 18:42:56 PM »
Thanks Gill. We're off to Portugal to visit family and friends and just tour around a bit, haven't been there for a bit.

I know I can think about someone who will be very happy to see me and my sister will look after her.

I am just missing her already and each time I think about packing her up to go, I cry. I am such a weeny.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 18:35:17 PM »
 :hug: :hug:Kitty and Lexy.......no you are not the only one who feels this way but you are lucky to have someone who cares to look after her.

I know it will be very hard but try and enjoy yourself for  a weeks rest.......where are you going? Sounds like you have everything well prepared for the novice Lexy mother and Lexy will probably settle in better than you would expect.

Fancy coming back on the 24th too a Christmas ever present called Lexy  ;D ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I'm going to miss her
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 18:25:28 PM »
This thread is more about me, than about Lexy, but I had to post, need some cat love from my mates on Purrs and CC.

OH and I are going away next weekend for a week and Lexy is going to stay with my sister. I've been a bit precious with her, I didn't want to leave her in a cattery as its winter time and she is used to having free reign of the house and my sister offered, and all I could think of is "what  better place for my baby than with someone who loves her and will take care of her like I would?".

So, madam is being packed off to my sister's next Friday and I won't see her until the 24th.  :'(

You'd think I'd be relieved, but all I can think about is how much I will miss her, and how stressed she will be in my sister's house, a new place without her mum. Sadly my sister can't live at mine for the week but will pop in reguarly to check on the house (phwew!). But still!!

Anyway, I have prepared a 15 page document, colour co-orindated, labelled and cross referenced (can you tell I'm anal?) for my sister telling her everything she needs to know about taking care of my munchkin.

Am I the only one who does this?  I am so worried and I have insisted on a text every day to let me know how my baby is.  My sister is laughing because she knows I'm going to turn up on that Friday with everything but the kitchen sink to make sure Lexy feels as at home as she can.

I have even bought extra Feliway, Rescue Remedy and all sorts of toys to keep her happy.

Oh I don't want to go!!!!!  :-[

Link to CatChat