Author Topic: Dirty cat !!  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Dirty cat !!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 14:28:07 PM »
I hate drying duvets - they cost about £5 to dry - even then, they feel dry then later they feel damp again  :tired: - best to air it in a warm room. Even better, take it to Morrisons as they are quite cheap for duvet cleaning  ;D

Kim & aggie, eat your heart out - I could teach them some tips
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 14:20:41 PM »
Just looked at label (DOH didnt think of that lol)
It can be washed 40d and tumbled on hot till dry but i dont think it will fit in my machine so looks like i will have to take it down to lauderate to be done

Hope Pauline or Dot are there to do a service wash coz i'm not sitting down there all day :rofl: !!!!!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 20:29:34 PM »
Mark you are right, untreated ones do smell something awful. I made the mistake of washing my throw cushions in the wash and I could not believe the awful smell...puke I think?

ERg

Love the Fine Bedding site...I see a shopping spree coming my way.

Sorry to hear about Lala...she ok now?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 20:14:03 PM »
I think kingsize is the largest they do that fit in the machine at home  >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Catwhisperer

• Adult Cat
  • LUVERLY LUNA !
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 18:49:28 PM »
 :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
Yeah Mark, just had a nosey at the site and the quilts & pillows sound FAB !

I hate the fact I have to slog to the launderette to get my quilts clean and I love to be able to wash my pillows but they are never the same after a few washes. Will definately be getting on to the stockist in Liverpool to check these out. Hope they do them in super king size though !
Thanks for the tip  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
LOVE IS  -  FURRY FACE RUBS !

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 18:12:03 PM »
Some feather ones are treated to be washable but others aren't - if you wash an untreated one, the smell of wet feathers is disgusting. I use spundown (www.finebedding.co.uk) duvets - they are man-made but feel like feather and you can wash them at 60 degrees. Also they are designed to squash up enough to fit in a home washing machine - Their pillows are excellent too!  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 16:12:45 PM »
I have just looked on the net and there are some for sale that are washable, is there no little tag anywhere, or dare you not look because of the puke.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Dirty cat !!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 15:44:37 PM »
Does anyone know if i can take a Duck Down Duvet to a lauderate ?
Or does it have to be dry cleaned >????

Lala messed all over my sons duvet last night and he hadnt put a cover on it so you can imagine the state of it !!!!!! :censored:

Link to CatChat