Author Topic: No longer friends:(  (Read 1493 times)

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
Re: No longer friends:(
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »
yeah I always thought they would stick together like the big cats though. I've only ever owned one cat at a time before.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 23:22:05 PM »
Maybe they have just grown up!

I have 4 cats and the brothers sleep cuddled up on my bed during the day but at night Franta leaves.  Misa and Sasa although friendly have never slept or cuddled together they like their own space.

Offline Moggy73

• Adult Cat
  • mum to Boris, Poosha and Chicken
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 21:51:49 PM »
Thats exactly how my female is, really loving with me but no so with the other cats. Maybe its just their personality?

Yup my girl is exactly the same. . She is really affectionate to me, but wacks and spits at my 2 toms if they so much as look at her.
Shame really cause Chicken often affectionatey butts her even though her paw immediately swipes  at him in disgust..
When they were younger they adored each other , now though my boys get on fine but  Poosha just about tolerates them.
'one cat just leads to another'
    Earnest Hemingway

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 20:06:51 PM »
Is there competition for the essentials? Creating more sleeping areas may help. And i dont mean a line of beds!! Simon has a card board box under the table, its nice and secluded. They also have the bottom of my wardrobe, one section of a wall unit and the bottom corner under the bed where i leave a throw hanging over. Its important theres plenty of 'hot spots' for them share.
They also have a 3 tier scratching post that always has one snoozing onthe top level, a 2nd post with a hidey type base and beds near/on the radiator and all the human beds of course  :evillaugh:

The behaviourists rule is one per cat plus one, and thats not just for litter trays  ;)

Having a harmonious multicat household can take alot of effort but once you have the balance it makes it so much more pleasurable  ;D

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 16:09:47 PM »
yeah most probobly just want to do their own thing now days lol

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 14:47:57 PM »
Thats exactly how my female is, really loving with me but no so with the other cats. Maybe its just their personality?

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »
He's a bit better with his brother but still not how they used to be. With me he's fine he loves cuddles off me and attention but does like to be isolated alot of the time on his own.

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 23:37:16 PM »
I have this problem with one of my girls, she used to suckle Ollie and now when he goes near her he gets battered, well they all get battered at some point in the day by her. I dont know the reason for this but maybe he just wants his own space, some cats do. Whats he like with the other male? Does he still come for loves from you?

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
No longer friends:(
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 23:21:32 PM »
my cats no longer get a long well not much any way the two brothers are a bout a year now and i have a female from another litter shes also nearly a year. All nutered and spayed. Why dont they get along any more? One of the  boys especially has some sort of grudge against my girl now especially at night time when hes just settling down he will hiss and hit her if she comes near him even though they used to snuggle up

Link to CatChat