Author Topic: Christmas Morning and Cat Trees  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Christmas Morning and Cat Trees
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 22:43:10 PM »
I've heard good things about this company http://www.catscratchers.co.uk/page7.html  All the posts are hand made and look pretty sturdy and impressive.  They are certainly not cheap but look like they will last, talked myself out of getting the 'Colossus' for Tiggy.  She's an OAP and her idea of climbing is to jump on the bed  :rofl:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 18:17:34 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Gemma H (Akandra)

• Adult Cat
  • Hestia & Bacardi
Christmas Morning and Cat Trees
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 18:24:39 PM »
Been away for a couple of days, so I haven't had a chance to tell you how clever one of my cats is.  :wow:  Someone seems to have gotten the idea of Xmas.  Got up Xmas morning to find one of the cats pressies upstairs in the bedroom, with one corner open.  They have been under the tree for a week or so untouched, and on Xmas morning they knew it was time to open the presents!  :rofl:  I got them catnip cushions, which they went absolutely wild over.  Very pleased.

I am also going to get them a new cat tree, but its going to be a bit late now as I'm looking for one they can't destroy.  I've had them and year and this will be tree no 3.  Any suggestions?  I want one that it about one and a half metres tall (about my height) and fairly robust (Hestia broke the top level off of the existing one by jumping up to it, before ripping the sisal off of one of the legs).  I've looked on Zooplus, but I don't know how stable they are (I seem to recall one of the ceiling ones from there broke, but some people have recommended some of the others).  I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on one that they then break!  So, who has a cat tree that has survived six months of vigorous young cats?  :thanks:

Link to CatChat