Author Topic: A Cross section of Animal welfare views from across the EC  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: A Cross section of Animal welfare views from across the EC
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 17:53:32 PM »
Pete I`m almost sure I completed a lengthy survey like that one about 6 months ago, think I will have to wait till I have a bit more time to read all of the results.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
A Cross section of Animal welfare views from across the EC
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 18:41:09 PM »
I thought regular readers would be interested in seeing detailed survey results regarding animal welfare which I believe was commissioned by the EU. Take some time out to read the attachment which is in easily readable form with pie and bar charts, etc.

Very interesting to see most replies / responses were from Germany; extremely disappointing to see that only 26% of those who responded are men.  :(

I have not seen a detailed survey like this before in the UK let alone the EC and, overall, it is encouraging. Having said that i did not know about it at the time of consultation.

This is a general animal topic but it does include specific reference to cats and experimentation.

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/chemicals/lab_animals/pdf/results_citizens.pdf

Somebody out there is listening to people like us across the world.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to CatChat