Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Thank you
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 17:44:29 PM »
Well said Desley

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 14:03:17 PM »
Yes totally agree. Sometimes i worry that there can't be enough loving peeps in the world to give the needy ones a loving home. There always seems to be soo many poor babes all the time needing caring homes!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 13:51:36 PM »
Sonya - good on you for encouraging people to go to rescues, and fingers crossed your OH relents!! Raising awareness of neutering is another really important issue, and one i hope rescues will start to address.
There are rescue peeps on here who deserve a lot more thanks than me Tan. It is sad that there are so many cats in rescues, but fortunately there are soo many wonderful, caring people who devote their time to making sure they have a better life.
That would be my wish too - but until then, all we can do is help as many as we possibly can, and to do that, we need people to adopt them, it is one of the most important things rescues need to continue helping needy cats.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 13:54:19 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 13:45:52 PM »
The Thank you isalso a very big one for you Des and all you wonderful fosters and rescues. Without you we would never have our presious babes. How anyone can ever not love them i will never know! :Crazy:

If i had one wish, it would be that we wouldn't need all you wonderful peeps cause the animals are given the love, care and respect they deserve in this world. 

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 17:28:18 PM »
I agree with you Desley, I adopted Ebony from rescue just a couple of months ago and would love another but OH is adamant that three is enough, mind you he said that two was enough before we got Ebony lol. If I hear anybody saying that they want a cat I have been encouraging them to go to a rescue to find a furbabe, one of my friends workmates heard about me adopting Ebs and went to the same rescue and came home with a lovely boy from there so I was so pleased  ;D, I think that more people need to be made aware of the importance of neutering and that there is financial help out there as a lot of people still seem to be unaware of that.

Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Thank you
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 17:13:01 PM »
To everyone who has adopted a cat (or any other animal) from a rescue this year, rescues do excellent jobs, but they can't help cats if none are adopted. Here's hoping that even more cats are adopted next year, and that not as many are born, it would be soo wonderful if there could be a turn in the amount of cats needing places in rescue. And I hope that all the rescues that have had a bad year this year have a better one next year.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat