Author Topic: I have a cat free home  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: I have a cat free home
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 21:52:49 PM »
The house is eerie without them. When we are going away as soon as they have been boarded I just want to get out the house, as I cannot stand it without them.  I sit sniffing thier blankets.  :-: :-:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 00:13:20 AM »
It's so quiet without them.  I lived on my own here before I had cats and didn't feel lonely, but now - it's just horrible sitting here on my own.  I could shut doors without the fluffies demanding I open them immediately but I find I don't want to!  And I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight without Jaffa curled up on the bed beside me :(

They're probably getting settled now and not missing me at all!

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 21:01:56 PM »
Bless you i hate it when they are all upstairs let alone not in the house ...

Sure you will have a great holiday and merry xmas :)
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 19:20:23 PM »
aww Susanne, you have my sympathies - would be horrible here too without my babies.  I'm sure Mosi will cope just fine at the cattery, I did warn you he would pull a wee face as you left just to tug at your heartstrings (and he did LOL).  Those furbabes sure know how to wrap us around their little paws  :)

Before you know it you, Jaffa and Mosi will all be back at home together  :Luv:

Have a lovely christmas,

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I have a cat free home
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 17:28:09 PM »
and it's horrid  :'(

Took the boys to the cattery this afternoon and the house feels awful without them.  The place feels so empty and there are all those little spaces where there should be beds and scratch posts (taken with them).  Even though I knew they were at the cattery I still looked up at the kitchen window when I got home expecting to see Jaffa sitting there.  It's always hard leaving them but it was really hard leaving little Mosi.  I know Jaffa doesn't particularly like it but I know he copes ok.  It's Mosi's first time and he's never been in a small pen before as he came from a breeder and was raised in a family environment so just came from there to me.  The nearest he gets to confinement is when he's put into the living room for time out!  The look on his little face as I walked away was heartbreaking  :'(  They're in separate pens to begin with as I don't know how they'll cope together in a small space but Jaffa is in a double and Mosi a single, and they are going to put Mosi in with Jaffa for some of the time each day.  I miss them already :(

Journey was a nightmare.  Loading up the car with 2 cat trees, 2 large carrier bags of beds, toys etc. and 2 carriers was bad enough (esp when you only have 1 free hand as I do being on crutches) but Mosi screamed his head off all the way - I never realised a cat could meow so loudly! - and Jaffa did a poo and stank out the car  :sick:  It takes about 40 mins to get to the cattery and it felt like twice that!

Link to CatChat