Author Topic: Libby, Nellie and Phoebe's brilliant new tree house!  (Read 2700 times)

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
Re: Libby, Nellie and Phoebe's brilliant new tree house!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 22:36:22 PM »
Me Too Me Too lol, my babes would love one of those, I think its lovely

Sonya
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 21:31:04 PM »
That is a wonderful tree house, I am impressed - more than that I am jealous!
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 19:53:36 PM »
ooohhhh - if you are thinking about taking orders, I'd definitely be interested.  Bengal Boys would love a tree house like this in their room  :)

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 19:46:53 PM »
Funny you should say that, Gillian, but we were thinking about taking orders!!! Not sure about the logistics of it all though, lol!  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 17:03:14 PM »
thats fantastic !!

great pics

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 14:41:01 PM »
Ummm... I'd like to put my order for 1 cat tree please  ;D

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 12:12:19 PM »
That is brilliant...every scratch post i buy alays wobbles grrr
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »
Thanks Linda!  ;D

Yes, they are really enjoying it and it makes me feel less guilty that they aren't allowed outside - at least they have something really huge to climb on!  ;D

They've also got the tree we ordered from the Supreme (actually my chrissie pressie from OH, lol!) to look forward to - although that's more of a place to scratch and sleep rather than climb!!!  ;D

Sebastian has already remarked that the kittens are getting more for Christmas than he is this year what with the stockings I've made and all the toys I've splashed out on, lol, but then it is their first one! We do have some surprises in store for him though, so hopefully he won't be disappointed!!!  :xmas 7:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 23:29:45 PM »
Hey Mimi - thats fantastic and one of the best I have ever seen!!!  Looks like Nellie, Libby and Pheobe love it too  :Luv:  The design is super.
Well done to your son - hope he has lots of nice pressies coming from santa as a reward :)

Wish my OH had some DIY skills - I have grand designs and plans for lots of toys for bengal boys !!!!

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
Libby, Nellie and Phoebe's brilliant new tree house!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 23:23:59 PM »
A couple of weeks before Cat Chat closed I wrote asking for new cat tree ideas as we had recently bought one on Ebay that turned out to be a total heap of junk!  :sick:

Although lots of people had stories of the good, the bad and the ugly cat trees available, we couldn't find exactly what we were looking for, so with the help of Sebastian our son (who ended up doing the majority of the work!), my and OH's design skills and having searched the internet for inspiration this is what we came up with.....................

We incorporated a Fatboy scratch post which seemed in proportion to the scale of the tree house - it's pretty huge, lol!  :rofl:

Libby, Nellie and Phoebe all love it and as it's a bit of a work in progress, we keep adding toys and improving the design - they have a rope to swing on, a 'bird on a wire' toy and various kitty hoots catnip-filled toys in keeping with the theme of the tree house - snake, butterfly and frog etc!  ;D

They have several platforms inside to climb through the interior as well as dangling toys inside to entice them to the top! ;D

And the good news is, we were able to recycle some parts of the old tree so £54 didn't go completely down the drain!!!  :rofl:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat