Author Topic: Rehoming  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Rehoming
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 11:50:02 AM »
unwanted Christmas presents

That is exactly why we never give cats/kittens for presents we always do a home visit and ensure all those living in the home want one.

Its good that rescues do this, and some dont rehome around Christmas, but there is still all the backdoor breeders, people who sell kittens on name removed and the like. It must be so disheartening to see them all come in after the new year and you have to try to help them.

Things like this make me so mad at mr joe public, but then there ARE the nice people, the ones who are putting the cat food in my collection box (in abundance) and its restoring my faith a little :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 22:33:48 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 11:44:56 AM »
unwanted Christmas presents

That is exactly why we never give cats/kittens for presents we always do a home visit and ensure all those living in the home want one.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »
And just think it could be worse after christmas when people are returning these little kittys that they didnt really want, what a shame. I thought christmas was about celebrating life,  not giving hope then taking it away.

I am dreading this happening - It will break my heart to read the stories of unwanted Christmas presents  :(
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »
And just think it could be worse after christmas when people are returning these little kittys that they didnt really want, what a shame. I thought christmas was about celebrating life,  not giving hope then taking it away.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:58:03 AM »
Aww, poor babes.
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Rehoming
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 19:32:46 PM »
Hoped two cats today to lovely homes where Christmas is going to be low key! People around but quiet and no kids!!.
But have since taken 6 calls about cats to come in, two we  have considered as semi high priority and have agreed to take them in (at a push). I really hope that things no not get any worse, I dread picking up phone calls as I know everyone wants the same thing. Indeed only a few days ago I had someone asking us to rehome 6 cats from a relative who had recently died!! Its never ending, thanks to Mark for helping us out on the military style operation to get these cats to vets and sorted. They are not strictly on deaths door but equally they are both very hungry and obvioulsy having a poor time outside in the cold.

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat