Author Topic: Blip has been with us seven years on 19th Dec  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Blip has been with us seven years on 19th Dec
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 08:09:17 AM »
Aww, what a lovely story, it is so wonderful that people are willing to take on the cats that have been in rescue for so long. Happy belated birthday Blip, here's to another 7.
Please spay your cat

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 22:04:06 PM »
Aw...Happy adoption day Blip. It's so rewarding to take on a cat that has been overlooked. Bet she thought all her Christmas's had come at once when she became part of your family. :cheer:

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 18:55:46 PM »
Merry Xmas and Happy Birthday BLIP!!!!!!.....You won the lottery when you met your wonderful mum,she,s an angel....and so are you by the sounds of things !!!! Love and LOADS of cuddles for BLIP!!!!!You are much loved by all of us x x x x :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 11:53:22 AM »
Thank you everyone!  I'll convey your messages to Blip on some catnip bubbles.

As for me, I'm simply overwhelmed by the generous things that have been said here.

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 08:40:13 AM »
Aw,  :congrats: to Christine and Blip, have a happy day and eat lots of nice goodies.  I'll be raising a glass to you tonight xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »
Birthdays happen to everyone but Adoption is so very special  it means you are the Chosen One, and you know 6 months waiting at the rescue meant that you got the very best humans in the world all thanks to Tabbyfur.
Have a lovely day Blip and continue to enjoy a wonderful life.
Teresa and all the Paws Inn moggies xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 00:31:38 AM »
Well I reckon its gotta be your birthday Blip, so heres to you and it  :beer: and I hope you have many more

:birth 6:

I know your name so well cos your slave has been Blipping here and Blipping there all over the auction and was determined to get some bubbles for you..............I hope you love em and also the mice. Hope she gives you loads of other nice things cos your slaves is one of the best.

:garf cake: :garf party:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 23:44:15 PM »
Happy adoption day for tomorrow Blip and well done on being such a lovely cat, you certainly fell on your paws there girl  :). Dylan celebrates his adoption day too as he doesn't know when his birthday is and he sends you gentle furry head butts and lots of purrs :Luv:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 22:43:56 PM »
Christine, what a lovely story and a happy ever after for a beautiful girl  :Luv:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 22:33:55 PM »
Aw - I love a happy ending!  It's lovely when you can watch them blossoming from a timid little thing to a happy, contented cat isn't it?  I think Blip has done very well for herself.   And she's got some catnip bubbles to boot!  ;)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 20:08:41 PM »
Bless you, Susanne and Helen  :Luv:

I realise I should have said something of Blip's story. In late summer 1999, we were adopted out of the blue by a little stray cat in a pitiful condition, whom we called Tabitha (TabbyFur). She came to us too late and despite the best veterinary care, we were unable to save her life. She died in the autumn of that year. We were heartbroken.

Neither of us had ever had cats before but we very soon found that we had what I subsequently described as a 'cat-shaped hole in our lives'. We did some research, had great support from CP and quickly found a small independent rescue near us. When first we contacted them, the lady described many cats, among them one little black and white cat who had been there the longest at six months and whom nobody wanted. I replied that I did not need to hear any more. And that was how we came to share our lives with Blip.

She's sitting on my OH's lap as I type, listening to choral music, which she loves. The skinny little creature who had to fight in a communal pen for her food has become perhaps the best-loved cat in Fulham - and she deserves no less!

Happy Anniversary, Blippy BlipCat  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 17:49:49 PM »
Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Blip  ;D

Tiggy will have some prawns in your honour  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 17:17:57 PM »
Happy adoption day, Blip!   Jaffa sends a gentle headbutt  :Luv:

Sounds like she fell on her feet when she found you. 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Blip has been with us seven years on 19th Dec
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 17:03:33 PM »
Blip's exact birthday is not known (it was some time in Summer 1998) but we do know that she arrived with us seven years ago tomorrow, so we'd like to invite you all to raise a glass in her honour.  :cheer:

She bears very little resemblance to the timid possum-like creature that crawled out of the carrier all those years ago, but she'd be amazed if she knew just how many chums she has  ;D

:hug: to our lovely Blip

Link to CatChat