Author Topic: Bad Meowmy!  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Bad Meowmy!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 02:23:08 AM »
I give Tiggy a little bit of steak if I'm having some as a treat, I eat it rare myself but always cook hers until it's medium well.  I know she's a carnivore and they are meant to eat raw meat but I do worry about giving her food poisoning! 

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 22:16:53 PM »
Well, if the cats don't like it, I'm sure the humans certainly will!  ;)

My two love a taste of fresh meat or fish when there's cooking going on, and well, let's just say I'm used to buying an extra portion of whatever's going. The other night, Toby scoffed some chipolatas and Pearl made light work of some pheasant breast...  :shy:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 08:55:59 AM »
Hmm, Pearl and Toby don't do treats... But they do have the nice sirloin steak to share for Xmas day - must admit, was feeling rather extravagant but hey!  :shy:

The Tobster has already been circulating in hope, but it is stashed in the freezer...  :doh:

There may be some left for Gerti, Jaffa and Mosi to sample as it is a rather laaaarge steak!  :)

I have never tried giving my two steak - theres a thought! I always go for the traditional fish or chicken! haha. I am sure that they have dragged the bones from our pork chops out of the bin a couple times though, so are probably partial to try other things!

Might add it into my Christmas shop  :)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 22:35:36 PM »
Ooh Jaffa and Mosi are licking their lips already in anticipation of steak!  Jaffa in particular loves raw meat.  Not sure what to give my boys for xmas - sadly they'll be in a cattery on xmas day :(  but they do give all the cats some tuna or turkey on xmas day so I have to tell them when I drop them off which they'd like!

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 22:33:53 PM »
mmmm bengal boys would take up residence as near to said steak as possible and sit there until christmas - they love a bit of raw red meat although I tend to give it sparingly.  Not sure what to give them for christmas dinner yet..............

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 22:29:02 PM »
Hmm, Pearl and Toby don't do treats... But they do have the nice sirloin steak to share for Xmas day - must admit, was feeling rather extravagant but hey!  :shy:

The Tobster has already been circulating in hope, but it is stashed in the freezer...  :doh:

There may be some left for Gerti, Jaffa and Mosi to sample as it is a rather laaaarge steak!  :)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 18:53:59 PM »
 :tongue 2: You would be Gerti's new best friend if you gave her a freeze dried Prawn! :blow kiss: beware though, as a best friend you are likely to get paddled, and purred like a tractor at for hours on end!

p.s are prawns good or bad calorie wise for cats? Just wondering as I bought them some for Christmas dinner!
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 16:41:24 PM »
Aw poor Gerti - I have some freeze dried prawns if you'd like one (I'm sure Jaffa can spare one).  And we won't tell meowmy  :no:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 15:50:03 PM »
Gerti says she wishes you were her meowmy, her meowmy wont let her have treats that much because she says something about her being a tubby tortie and should stop eating Cheese's dinner!

:evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Bad Meowmy!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 14:07:16 PM »
I am such a bad meowmy - I've let Jaffa run out of treats!  :o  How bad is that!  I'm used to the drawer being so full of treats that it didn't occur to me to check that I had a plentiful supply.  I have some defurr um treats which Mosi has but I don't like to give them to Jaffa too often as he sometimes has runny poos and doesn't have a problem with furballs.  I'm well and truly in the sin bin so am off to Pets at Home now to stock up (off work this afternoon for plumber to come - he's just been).  Shame on me.

Link to CatChat