Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790307 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #1420 on: September 07, 2010, 11:34:44 AM »
Hope the arrival is happy and healthy and everything goes smoothly.

You and Rob remind me of the A Team...."It's OK. Just grab those toilet rolls and a can and we have an instant rocket launcher...." ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #1419 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »

Hope the re-jigging resulted in enough space.

Re jigging has been taking place in whats left of my brain all night  :rofl: we have come up with a long shot plan but if it works we will be able to take in both pregnants and mum with 6 babies. Got to go and buy wood and other bits and bobs now and then real work can commence.

All cats happy and well, Bonnys babies need a bath  :rofl: 

Nothing to do with cats but I need to get everything sorted today, tomorrow my 4th Grandson will be born early due to complications.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1418 on: September 07, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »
Can't help with your impossible jigsaw puzzle T but I can send you lots of these.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Try not to get too downhearted.  You know you're doing a wonderful job but sadly, much as you would like to, you can't save them all.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1417 on: September 07, 2010, 09:59:47 AM »
:evillaugh:  To a kitten, no doubt you smell just delishuss!  :wow:

Brilliant.  :rofl:

Hope the re-jigging resulted in enough space.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #1416 on: September 07, 2010, 09:41:43 AM »
I think you need a 'tardis' pen for your garden  ;)

Like everyone else I wish I could help but youre doing a great job. dont forget to look after yourself as well
 :hug:
love
Tab

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #1415 on: September 07, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »
Got everything crossed you find some corners for the new arrivals T (although I do agree with some of the others that a mute button for the phone may be useful, as hard as it is I know to turn a blind ear..)

I'm another who reads almost daily but doesn't post, I do love following the stories and pictures and it's always useful to know which creatures are looking for homes - I often get asked about helping people find a new rescue dog but if I ever get asked about cats Paws Inn will be my first recommendation.

:hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1414 on: September 07, 2010, 09:01:36 AM »
 :evillaugh:  To a kitten, no doubt you smell just delishuss!  :wow:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1413 on: September 07, 2010, 08:16:13 AM »
:shify:   Allo.  Aunty T - is yoo there...?   :are there?:  Is me, Paddy.  Yoo noes I luvs yer but I jus' wantud ter reminds yer.  Is lodes of peepuls luvs yer.  Yus.  Dey do.  An' yoo gots ter takes care of yoo an all.  Uvverwise dem babies not haves noewuns ter make shoor dey is bein gud an gettin der rite fud an stuff.  I sends yoo dis:  "pppprfffppppTTT"   :phew: dat woz a big un.   :hug:  :shify:

Paddy xx

Unkle Paddyyyyy I iz lookin afta meselfs so dontcha wurry bout mez  :hug: I iz just like a dog wiz a bone now tryin to work out ow i can squeeze 3 lots in wen i got no room anz i wont rest till i finds a way  :rofl: zese for you and your human Paddyyyyy  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Normal update will follow shortly when I have had a bath and dont stink of kitten food :rofl:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1412 on: September 07, 2010, 07:20:54 AM »
Oh T, i thought things were slowing down a bit after the rehoming following the Summer Social  :( When does kitten season end-it seems to me like it's been going on forever as it is, so God knows how you feel!  :tired:
Hope you managed to do some shuffling around!  :Crazy:  Take care of yourself too!   :hug: :hug:

p.s.i'm taking a neighbour's cat for spaying this morning, so that's one less!  :scared: She'd had 4 kittens and i managed to find a local rescue to take them last week and all have been rehomed!   :wow:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1411 on: September 07, 2010, 07:02:29 AM »
 :shify:   Allo.  Aunty T - is yoo there...?   :are there?:  Is me, Paddy.  Yoo noes I luvs yer but I jus' wantud ter reminds yer.  Is lodes of peepuls luvs yer.  Yus.  Dey do.  An' yoo gots ter takes care of yoo an all.  Uvverwise dem babies not haves noewuns ter make shoor dey is bein gud an gettin der rite fud an stuff.  I sends yoo dis:  "pppprfffppppTTT"   :phew: dat woz a big un.   :hug:  :shify:

Paddy xx

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #1410 on: September 06, 2010, 23:23:43 PM »
Thank you for looking after these little ones Teresa, but please look after yourself too  :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1409 on: September 06, 2010, 22:25:19 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #1408 on: September 06, 2010, 22:18:04 PM »
Bless you Teresa - you really are one very special lady xxx  :hug:

Take care of yourself and try not to overdo things - easier said than done I know.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1407 on: September 06, 2010, 22:12:48 PM »
me too hun sending lots of these  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

T hun take a bit of time for you. I know it hard cause the cats keep you going and you want to be there for them but ya need ya rest too hun to be strong for them.

You know you can let rip on this thread and we will support you all we can
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1406 on: September 06, 2010, 20:16:25 PM »
Can't do anything to help with what you have to contend with, can only send  :hug: :hug: :hug: your way. As Sue says you can't save them all Teresa, you can only do your best with what you have  :hug:

P.S The bath pics are :blow kiss:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1405 on: September 06, 2010, 19:32:53 PM »
Just posted, but no idea where it went.

I was saying though, you can't help them all, Teresa.  When "full" is "full to bursting" then you'll have to turn them away, heart breaking though it is.  I hesitate to ask, but how many do you have now altogether?   :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1404 on: September 06, 2010, 19:30:27 PM »
It's so frustrating to see all the smaller rescues struggling and getting nowhere near enough publicity when larger rescues are doing sod all in comparison and getting all the praise.

Hope you figure something out Teresa. And stop answering the phone!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1403 on: September 06, 2010, 18:22:54 PM »
Anyone no the number for human rescue. Still trying to work out how to fit in the cat plus 6 kittens and the pregnant cat and low and behold another desperate heavily pregnant one added to list of pen juggling. I have refused so many adult cats today its unbelievable (none urgent), even refused a kitten but she is in place of safety. If my garden was bigger I would go and buy more cat pens but my garden is full of pens already, this is heartbreaking, people just do not realise how bad things really are.
I need to make 3 pens out of nothing and quick, we think we can maybe rehash 1 pen to make 2 if Rob gets to BQ on time but it wont be done tonight.
I feel like the old woman who lived in a shoe  :rofl: seriously folks I am really so upset, no one else is taking in round these parts and if I solve todays problem, I`ll be faced with yet another, starting to get weepy and that just isnt my style.

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1402 on: September 06, 2010, 18:19:30 PM »
 :Crazy: oh my goodness, sounds like things are more than full to the brim  :Crazy: Many potential 'parents' lined up for any of the older kittens?

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #1401 on: September 06, 2010, 14:06:38 PM »
Just catching up with the fab photos on this thread now I'm back at work (still no work for us so might as well be doing somethig useful  :rofl:), been trying to keep up to date on my phone but can't log in on there so can't see piccies  :( Glad to know Bonny is improving and hope you manage to squeeze in the new arrivals. Kitten season is well and truly here  :Crazy: Take care T and love to all at the Inn both human and feline  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1400 on: September 06, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »

Oh Teresa.   Squawk Squawk!    :evillaugh:  So glad the little feller showed supreme good sense in getting himself located.  :Luv:

Not so great news about the new arrivals, although I know you'll shoe-horrn them in somewhere (bless 'em).   Very pleased to hear Bpnny seems to have picked up somewhat, and hoping the little poorly one doesn't take a turn for the worse.  :hug:

Paddy says "I dun not gots enuff toesies ter cownt 'em all on nows.  :-:"  and sends a nig "pprofoffppppppttt" to his Aunty T  :cat rub:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1399 on: September 06, 2010, 11:08:26 AM »
I knew I shouldnt answer the phone today, I went in the kitchen to do some baking, a fine array of cakes all in the oven so I slipped into frontroom for 5 minutes rest and you`ve guessed I answered the phone, what I need to know is where the heck am I going to fit one mother cat and 6x 5 week old kittens and another cat who is due to give birth now, these cats are 3 and 5 years and urgent. Must plan lots of square pegs into round holes and see if anything is possible, Rob will kill me.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1398 on: September 06, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »
Bonny is bright and eating well this morning, she doesnt seem to be missing her kittens at all; her kittens are doing fairly well,found 2 poops in tray this morning so think I can now assume they have all been. One of them is not eating terribly well this morning so a close eye is being kept, they were having a tootle round kitchen floor kicking a ball and rolling on an empty kitchen roll when all of a sudden we heard a giant crow squak squak and it got louder and louder, I thought Milly must have brought something  home that was putting up a huge fight, so I hurriedly began putting kittens back in Pen, dear dear number 6 was missing, you`ve guessed he had ventured a little to far around the kitchen and got lost, funny I called him no answer but as soon as I chu chu chu he came running for food, goodbye crow  :rofl: We are all looking a bit mucky this morning but have decided to leave them to clean themselves.
I currently wondering how it is that Olly eats exactly the same food as the other house cats but is capable of producing toxic wind that could be bottled and sold as a lethal weapon  :rofl:
All inmates seem to be doing fine, I am contemplating what I will do about the phone as we have no room for anything not even mouse sized.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1397 on: September 06, 2010, 00:19:53 AM »
Loving the kitten bath pictures. They almost look like they are enjoying it.  :evillaugh:

x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1396 on: September 05, 2010, 21:48:19 PM »
Bumty is gorgeous.  :Luv2:  He loks smaller than his black and white companions or maybe its just the angle of the photo.
Yes Bumty is much smaller, than his brothers, they all fight for food terribly and poor Bumty was losing out, they are all lovely kittens but would take your fingers off for a crumb.

Just finished cleaning out and feeding Bonny`s wee ones, having difficulty getting them to take any liquid, they have decided that they do not want kitten soup and prefer to eat Hi Life kitten sachets, just insisted that they all had a few mls of milk because I am leaving them to fend for themselves till morning well 4-5am.Still 1 poop short and 1 naughty kitten wet the bed, cant really moan at that because they are only just 4 weeks.Was great fun watching 2 tiny kittens making a mad dash for freedom across the kitchen floor but it was tinged with sadness not having Minimopsical or Buster there to supervise I so miss my cat helpers.
Bonny ate a small amount of food at tea time.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1395 on: September 05, 2010, 20:54:42 PM »
Dont you dare stop posting T.  Despite being many miles from home I  always read this thread if I can.  Trouble is, if the connection is bad it often wont download the photos or let me reply.  Bumty is gorgeous.  :Luv2:  He loks smaller than his black and white companions or maybe its just the angle of the photo.

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #1394 on: September 05, 2010, 20:10:02 PM »
I always read the updates here! only don't post, not sure why, I will from now on! the only thing is every time I read them I wish I lived closer to the Paws Inn so I could pop in and help out! (hence me volunteering at my local cattery, although I don't feel very involved there, there are loads of volunteers!) I have even checked on google map a few times to see how far away you are and strangely enough, every time I check, I still live aaaages away from the Paws Inn, the distance never seems to change, funny that....lol

Jen and Benji

:)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1393 on: September 05, 2010, 17:10:27 PM »

Teresa - I'm always partial to a drop of 'Scotch'  :rofl:

Ok name change Scrappy and I`ll get you a bottle when I win the lottery  :rofl: my friends all know I dont buy lottery tickets :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 17:13:25 PM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1392 on: September 05, 2010, 17:06:08 PM »
Tan - I've just sent you a PM  :)

Teresa - I'm always partial to a drop of 'Scotch'  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1391 on: September 05, 2010, 16:36:14 PM »

Bumpty is  :Luv:  :Luv2:  :Luv: !! I've never had a long-haired cat before, let alone a black long-haired cat!

Sarah

He is sitting here waiting for his name change Scrbumty or Scrcallmewhateveridontcare  a second boy would certainly even things out  :rofl:

Sarah just to be safe PM Tan and ask about the T Shirts/Aprons

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #1390 on: September 05, 2010, 16:22:39 PM »
Please, please keep on posting Teresa - I need my daily Paws Inn fix!

Glad to hear Bonny's back home and on the mend :)

Bumpty is  :Luv:  :Luv2:  :Luv: !! I've never had a long-haired cat before, let alone a black long-haired cat!

I've just posted a message on the Paws Inn summer open day thread which I'll repeat in brief again here...if anyone's interested there are still some of the 'I love Paws Inn' t-shirts and aprons available from the summer open day. I print them personally myself but Teresa will verify that the proceeds go to Paws.

I don't wish to sound like I'm 'overly' advertising so if you're interested then send me a PM and I can send you more info/images.

If I've broken any forum rules then let me know and I'll ammend  :)

Sarah

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #1389 on: September 05, 2010, 15:20:37 PM »
I will be there for the Paws Inn Christmas do !, Yay I love Christmas and I love Paws Inn so a real treat for me  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1388 on: September 05, 2010, 12:41:53 PM »

Teresa, I'd be gutted too if you didn't post.  The thing that I love about Paws Inn is that we hear about what goes on first hand, we see the results and we share your joy when things go to plan.  Just as importantly, we share your sorrow when things don't go to plan.  And, I hope, that at times we can help keep things going or on an even keel.   :hug: :hug:

The funny thing is, when you wonder whether people get bored, the answer is a resounding: NO!  I was at Jollyes today buying mega quantities of bird seed, when I saw two small cats at the entrance,  one with a seemingly poorly paw.  Immediately (well - okay - after giving it a little stroke, a chat and an ear-rub  ;) ) I went to one of the assistants to ask if she'd seen the cats.

She told me she had, and that they come twice a day to be fed (even on Christmas Day when the Manageress comes down specially to give them their food).  I asked about the paw injury, and she told me that it had been like that as long as the cats had been coming.  The two always stay together apparently, but the one without the poorly paw was very nervous, and would run off if approached.  Well, it worried me, all the way home, and I found myself thinking "what would Teresa do....?"  In fairness the cats looked well cared for, flea free and healthy, but still I worry, and the first name on my mind was yours.  :hug: :hug:

I shall be keeping an eye on these two little characters (the shop is located on an industrial estate with no discernable properties nearby to which these two could belong, but they looked too well fed to be out and out strays living rough.

You do such an a amazing job Aunty T, and inspire many of us to do better.   :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1387 on: September 05, 2010, 12:30:55 PM »
Yep, read this thread daily Teresa. I might not always comment, but it's good to know how all the residents are doing. (I'm the same with Liz's clan cats. Don't necessarily comment, but it's good to know how life with the clan is.)

Really pleased Bonny seems brighter.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1386 on: September 05, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
 :thanks: its good to hear that people aren`t bored with the thread, its difficult to know whether people find something interesting or not without feedback. There will always be sad stories but the majority have happy new beginnings and thats what we try to focus on. Everyone is welcome to post here.

Bonny is bright this morning and eaten most of her breakfast, her kittens have been angelic and kept bedding clean,all used litter tray well still 2 poops short, all going to food bowl of own accord and totally weaned at just 4 weeks , I am thankful that I began to get them lapping a week ago when gut feeling told me it would be wise to do so, no need for a kitten bath today, very little swimming in food, in fact these babies are going to be very genteel  :rofl:

All other inmates doing well. I am currently trying to plan Paws Inn Christmas in my mind so I am prepared when ClaireR mentions it. Yes mince pies and mulled wine sound good. :rofl:

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #1385 on: September 05, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »
I love reading the updates from rescues! True some of the stories are heartbreaking, but others are also filled with joy and love!! I think alot more people than you realise enjoy the Paws Inn updates, the number of hits this thread has had should give you an indication how many people enjoy it!  ;)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #1384 on: September 05, 2010, 10:53:51 AM »
Please keep up the posting! I don't post on your thread but its usually the first I look out for, I suppose because I'm not a rescue I feel like I'm intruding sometimes(not made to feel that way) if its about rescues in general. Its like a soap opera with cats. :)

I will reply from now on, I absolutely love your thread and often have a little tear for you when you have sad news.

Nicky

Thats exactly how I feel. I always come for a look and admire how much work you do with so many little ones. Im so glad Bonny is home and feeling better
Please dont stop posting
love
Tab

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1383 on: September 05, 2010, 10:48:01 AM »
Fabulous photos, as always Teresa!!   :Luv2: :Luv2:   PLEASE don't ever think about stopping posting!   :Crazy:  As i'm on CC most of the time, don't always have time to come on Purrs, but, the notifications i ask for are from the rescues!!! You all do such wonderful things with these poor cats-how would they survive without you?? True, lately some of the stories have been really upsetting, but at least you've all done your best and they've passed in comfort instead of being left in someone's garden/street/dumped  :(   Don't ever think we're not interested-i for one need my daily rescue fix, even tho i don't post much!   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1382 on: September 05, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
This is usually the first thread i go to as well - don't you dare stop posting!! >:( :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1381 on: September 05, 2010, 10:12:57 AM »
T Hun my whole heart goes out to you and all the rescues for everything you all do. You all are my hero's and i love you all.   :hug:

Wonderful pics  :Luv: :Luv:
I just find it so hard to understand how anyone, anyone can leave little ones like that  :'( why can't people be more responsible for any living beings in their care. I despise the humans who can't.  :(

I just want to give a home to them all and show them with you how they are meant to be cared for and loved and not dumped and treated as rubbish.  :(

Sending all my  healing thoughts over for Bonny, Glad she is home.

Also lots of love over coming over for you  and everyone at  the Inn.   :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat