Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790220 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2500 on: February 19, 2011, 19:44:13 PM »
more

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2499 on: February 19, 2011, 19:41:31 PM »
next

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2498 on: February 19, 2011, 19:39:21 PM »
next one

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2497 on: February 19, 2011, 19:36:37 PM »
Going to take a lot of posts to post these one at a time but I cant resize them, thick old boot I am  :rofl:

Lucy renamed Sable

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2496 on: February 19, 2011, 19:30:23 PM »
 :crossed: for Chelsea!

x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2495 on: February 19, 2011, 17:50:44 PM »
All fingers , legs and 5 sets of paws crossed her for Chelsea! :Luv:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2494 on: February 19, 2011, 17:49:14 PM »
Chelsea sounds like TT, now that I've gained his trust he is such a fusspot :)

Fingers crossed she worked her charms and these nice people offer her a home :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2493 on: February 19, 2011, 17:44:33 PM »
I thought you might have been poorly (again T) when I rang  :hug:  I just wanted you to know that I had rung and received really good news and it was thanks to you spurring me on to ring.  If you hadn't, then I probably still would have been worrying (unnecessarily as well),

Glad you had a helping hand from your grandson today :)

Was very ill when you rang hence me rudely not returning your call sorry  :hug: Please dont anyone start worrying regards my health, I really am doing ok, just need to lose abit of weight  :rofl: :rofl: and I will probably live to be 200.

Have received beautiful pics of Lucy in her new home, I was moved to tears when I saw them and thought of the sick wee thing that first came to us with her kittens, its so lovely to see such a difference, will post when I can find a way of shrinking them.

On pins waiting to find out if Chelsea has done enough to secure a home, wonderful people, lovely home and Chelsea actually wrapped herself around the mans little finger considering they had come to view Annabel; Chelsea is a very difficult cat but so loving when you have earned her trust, my heart goes out to her.So fingers crossed and watch this space.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2492 on: February 19, 2011, 17:26:29 PM »
Get them hooked early eh Teresa  :naughty: I buy my nephew cat books/toys etc to try and get the cat gene firmly installed  ;)

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #2491 on: February 19, 2011, 15:57:04 PM »
I thought you might have been poorly (again T) when I rang  :hug:  I just wanted you to know that I had rung and received really good news and it was thanks to you spurring me on to ring.  If you hadn't, then I probably still would have been worrying (unnecessarily as well),

Glad you had a helping hand from your grandson today :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2490 on: February 19, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »
Hope you are ok T

I`m doing ok thankyou Simon and cats are all doing well  :hug:

This morning I really resorted to slave labour, 4 year old grandson stayed over for first time and I decided to let him help with mucking out, the dwarfs thought the extra ball playing was wonderful; we went to the summerhouse which is divided into 2 giant pens holding 8 large kittens in total, Ted thought litter tray cleaning was not for him and decided to talk to kittens instead  :rofl:

Carol as you know I have difficulty telling the blacks apart now their haircuts are growing ; could you not manage 4 blacks and the 2 greys, its not much to ask  :rofl: :rofl:

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2489 on: February 19, 2011, 00:48:50 AM »
I can confirm that Madam Chelsea was indeed on her best behaviour when I visited the Inn.  She  treated me to lots of her  5 star headbutts and enjoyed her cuddles.  I did wonder whether she was just teasing when when rolled over on her back but I tickled her tummy anyway and lived to tell the tale.  :rofl:

Little Heidi is lovely and is definitely Daddy's girl.  Rob does a very good impersonation of Mr Grumpy but when you see him with the cats and kittens you realise what a big softee he is. (Don't tell him I said that T).

I can't tell one black dwarf from another so I might have to have all four.  ;)  Only kiddling sadly.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2488 on: February 18, 2011, 22:18:56 PM »
Hope you are ok T

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2487 on: February 18, 2011, 09:22:11 AM »
Steff yes I did get your message about the ferals, so sorry only just realised I havent replied as it was when I was really ill (whats new  :rofl:)

Aunty Suepoo kittens slept through cookery lesson yet again and I got carried away and made far too many cakes.
Young Grandson Ted is coming to stay tonight and I have promised he can help me bake in the morning so what I am going to do with all these cakes I dont know  :rofl:

Little Heidi the new arrival is still very scared but quite relaxed around Rob who worships her, she reminds me so much of our dear late Buster.
The dwarfs are no longer dwarfs but mad maniac kittens who thoroughly enjoy creating havoc in the kitchen, they are 8 weeks now and have been booked in for 1st vaccs next Thursday.
We had a lovely day with visits from Carol and Debbie and think its fair to say we laughed a lot largely due to an unexpected invasion by grandchildren and a lovely cat cup Bill found for Carol that came complete with its own pet  :rofl:
Carol had a wonderful time fussing madam Chelsea who thoroughly enjoyed all the tummy rubs without lashing out  :shocked: I will admit to buying a large bottle of Kalm Aid at vets and telling some of the cats it is Vodka, has a wonderful effect  :rofl:
Dainty is still staggering but Dodgerdora is becoming much more loving now she doesnt have to pretend to be an alpha male  :rofl:
All other cats/kittens doing well apart from Olly who threw up from one end of my stairs to the other after pigging out on kibble.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2486 on: February 18, 2011, 07:30:43 AM »

Morning!!!   sending some big squeezy hugs to all of the Paws Inn furbabes to get Friday off on the right note.   :cat rub: :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle: :catlove2:

Paddy had extra prawns in honour of it being a Friday and was wondering how the baking went...? 

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #2485 on: February 17, 2011, 20:56:33 PM »
I lookeyed at all the piccies when I was on the lappy...love love love :D

T, did you get my message about the ferals I released on the farm ? It was good news, really good :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2484 on: February 17, 2011, 07:14:52 AM »
 :evillaugh:  Sounds like a good time was had by all.   :hug: :hug:

Unkel Paddy very much appreciated his speshul hugs and sends a whiskery "pppprfffpt" of pleasure in return.  He says he hopes the lil dwarfs "dunt gets baeked inna pie" given they were liberally dusted with sponge mix.  ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2483 on: February 16, 2011, 20:36:29 PM »
hello my name is bill  I am 6. to night I am staying with gran I have cuddled and have fun with the cats.
I found a cup for carol wendolene to have coffee and a spider was running round inside it, :rofl: Carol let spider go on floor, she was nice and funny  :rofl:
I fed the cats I was grans helper I helped her we are happy for you come to gran school and see cats all     8)  :wow:
I go to bed now

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2482 on: February 16, 2011, 13:45:44 PM »
So pleased to see the piccy of Anastasia.  :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2481 on: February 16, 2011, 09:10:07 AM »
Lovely pic Lil Scruff, the 2 furthest left are Pepsis kittens from 2 different litters. Will be great to see you next week just let me know when so I am home, got vet appt 9.30 next Thursday.
Going to give dwarfs baking lessons now as last time they fell asleep and ended up covered in sponge mix because I was busy looking at them instead of my electric whisk  :rofl:
Dainty is happy enough inherself, she has never been right, always wild despite being born here which vet put down to a brain disorder even her mother beat her up regularly.
Tagalong thank you for the link, I know its not that  Andy is convinced it is genetic but what.Time will tell and until then I will continue to have a soft but distant spot for her.
Sue time the Paws Innn mob sent their Unkle Paddyyyyy speeshul hugs :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2480 on: February 16, 2011, 07:22:36 AM »

Sending some gentle hugs for Dainty and you Aunty T.  :hug: :hug:

Lil Scruff - love the piccies - and the cushions!  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2479 on: February 15, 2011, 18:35:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about Dainty Teresa, hopefully it won't affect her too much and you can still find a fab home for her  :hug: How lovely to bump into your former residents (well at least one of them), I bet with the amount of cats you've rehomed over the years they're everywhere in Weaverham and beyond!

Just thought I'd post this pic from a couple of hours ago. I'd been working really hard on my business all day and found these lazy lumps all flat out on the sofa.

Love the lazy lumps pic little Scruff - good job you don't have a black sofa!

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2478 on: February 15, 2011, 18:21:52 PM »
Just thought I'd post this pic from a couple of hours ago. I'd been working really hard on my business all day and found these lazy lumps all flat out on the sofa. Thanks to the flash on my phone they really do look like a group of stoned teenagers  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  :Crazy:

Poor little Dainty. I'm looking forward to meeting her and giving her a  :hug: might I be able to pop in for some cat cuddling one day next week T? Don't worry though - I'm not after another one. Just yet.   :rofl:

x

PS if anyone's curious then the text on the cushions reads 'one cat just leads to another'... teehee. The line up, from left to right, is Scamp; Scrumpberry, Scratchy, Bear.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 18:27:19 PM by Lil_Scruff »

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2477 on: February 15, 2011, 18:17:14 PM »
Lovely pics -hope Harry is scurrying about happily
Sorry to hear about Dainty-I do know that aneasthesia can make CH type conditions worse sometimes but it does seem a bit odd.
I don't think she has this  :-:-but I never knew of it so thought I'd post it anyway -found it while trying to help someone with a cat with mobility problems
http://www.felipedia.org/~felipedi/wiki/index.php/Gangliosidosis
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2476 on: February 15, 2011, 17:45:37 PM »
how lovely to bump in to a former charge, must really warm your heart

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2475 on: February 15, 2011, 17:45:25 PM »
...Heidi never shut up until we put her on Andys table and he tried to check her mouth at which point she seemed to superglue a zip across it and did her best impression of being feral 

The resemblance to my former foster Penny is not just just physical then  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2474 on: February 15, 2011, 16:43:21 PM »
Took young Heidi to vets for 1st vaccinations this morning, the whole car journey and time in vets waiting room was spent deep in conversation, Ello, Allo, Ello infact Heidi never shut up until we put her on Andys table and he tried to check her mouth at which point she seemed to superglue a zip across it and did her best impression of being feral  :rofl: undeterred Andy gave her a thorough going over aged her same as I did 4-5 months and ruled out all chances of pregnancy, 1st vacc done and she can be spayed in 4 weeks.
While at vets lady said "Teresa ?" I replied "Yes" she said I have Poppy with me, panic set in I have now had more than a couple of Poppys, she told me that yesterday she had Dylan Poppy`s brother in for his booster, now why did she take them in separately - simple- they are giants a little like Daisymacs Kenny  :rofl: these cats are now almost 7 years and she adopted them as 10 week old kittens, Paws Inn cats are indeed whoppers  :rofl:
Had a good chat to Andy about poor Dainty who definately has some brain damage which Andy agrees has been worsened by her spay, he is going to have to read up and try to find possible things it could be as nothing about her is text book.Her staggering gait is much worse now, she appeared totally normal apart from behaviour before her spay.In the meanwhile she is having vitamin supplements and Kalm Aid and is very busy killing her ready cooked chicken  :rofl:
Tomorrow should be a lovely day with Auntys Carol and Debbie coming to cat cuddle and keep me company, things are indeed good.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #2473 on: February 15, 2011, 13:03:49 PM »
. . .  he called all spiders Harry or George  :rofl:

All the spiders that sauntered across the room when I was growing up were called Horace.  Sometimes his siblings would make an appearance, variously Boris or Norris.  Thinking back, I guess there must have been a Doris somewhere :rofl: . . .

:)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2472 on: February 15, 2011, 11:45:29 AM »
 :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer: for Lucy and  :bum: to prospective adopters who see cats as a fashion accessory.

Hope Heidi is settling and didn't wake you in the night with her yodeling.

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2471 on: February 15, 2011, 10:35:08 AM »

Lil Scruff the pics are not of Pepsi but 2 of the kittens she gave birth to here, so they are sister and half sister to your two.Claire took the pics not me, I`m useless.

Sorry T, just re-read the caption under the pic. Doh! I was so pre-occupied with all the cute pics and failed to read properly  :rofl:

They both look so happy playing out in the snow...I kinda feel bad at times that mine are strictly indoor catsbut there's no way I want mine going near to the road. We've plans to make a (rather large) enclosure this summer so they can have a bit of outdoor access.

Can't believe the prospective parents didn't go for DarcyTut but at least I guess you've weeded out some 'below par' owners  :evillaugh:

:wooooo: for Lucy though  :hug:

x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2470 on: February 15, 2011, 09:01:25 AM »
is Darcey the torti - they want an eye test - I'm indignant on behalf of all torti cats

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2469 on: February 15, 2011, 07:07:57 AM »
Darcey Tuttle is beautiful!   And that Stig - well.......  :Luv2: :Luv2:    Wise decision, T.  :hug: :hug:

Good news for Lucy though  ;D

Me dad was the same Teresa - I recall when we were young, and there was a mouse loose in the bedroom.  We were making a fuss about "what if" during the night (what if it gets in the bed..?).  Our dad wasn't daft, and he knew we were inherently fond of all creatures, so he handed my sister a hockey stick, and me a tennis racquet, and told us when it popped its little nose out anywhere, we had to whack it good and hard and kill it.  Well, the looks on our faces!  We just crumpled, at which point Dad said "quite right...." and explained how if we whacked it and killed it (which he knew full well we wouldn't) somewhere there would be a sad little mouse family, whose baby didn't come home that night.  Waaaah!  Waaaaah!
 :innocent:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2468 on: February 14, 2011, 20:19:04 PM »
Yay for Lucy!  :chicken: As for Darcey not being pretty enough - one word - specsavers!  :Crazy: Stig is most definitely better off at the Inn  :hug:

I feel bad about Harry now  :-[ Was pleased to be able to scroll down and see the other little beauties though  :Luv2: My spider issues mean that Harry will probably appear in my dreams now so he's not gone for good  :scared:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2467 on: February 14, 2011, 19:56:36 PM »
Have removed pic of Harry as best pics of kittens are way below where he was. I dont love spiders but I loved my late dad who insisted we didnt harm them, he called all spiders Harry or George  :rofl:

We have rehomed Lucy this afternoon  :cheer: but the home I had lined up for Stig and friend has not materialised, sadly the couple wanted pretty only which did not include Darcey tuttle, so selfishly I decided Stig was best off here.

Lil Scruff the pics are not of Pepsi but 2 of the kittens she gave birth to here, so they are sister and half sister to your two.Claire took the pics not me, I`m useless.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2466 on: February 14, 2011, 19:26:48 PM »
Well, lots of  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: but then tentatively scrolled down and caught a glimpse of Harry  :hairrasin: - if there were cat pictures below it I'll have to miss them out as a split second of seeing Harry was enough to send shivers down my spine and could scroll no longer. Just shows what a truly great person you are Teresa to love all creatures as you do  :hug:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2465 on: February 14, 2011, 19:15:02 PM »
Aw, what a lovely surprise to see Pepsi again  :Luv2:  Pepsi was mum to my two wasn't she?

I really do lovey your updates and pics T - you manage to take some really great snaps. I LOVE that one of Tigerlilly - you've really captured such a cheeky little look on her face  :Luv:

x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2464 on: February 14, 2011, 15:46:25 PM »
You're right, I do love them! Anastasia is stunning. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2463 on: February 14, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
Oh shes lovely - what a proper little princess! :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2462 on: February 14, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
If this one works it will be a miracle, but she was an old favourite and this pic was sent recently.

Anastasia

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2461 on: February 14, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
Heres the other of Pepsis kittens, sisters and half sisters to 2 of Lil Scruffs

Link to CatChat