Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790217 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #420 on: May 19, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
'All cats happy and well, Lily keeping us on our toes with her nesting efforts, she was so enthusiastic last night her bedding was covering litter tray and food bowls and she slept in an empty box  '

Awww bless the little sweetie    :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Anyone going from the Midlands?  ( says she hopefully.......... :rofl:)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »
I might be able to join the Paws Inn trip - is there a preferred date yet ?   Am looking at options by train - Teresa, is Acton Bridge the nearest station to you ?

Yes Chris Acton Bridge is only a mile from us. Daisymac and Ruth will announce date when they have it and I am sure people travelling from similar areas will offer lifts to others, if not we can certainly get you to and from Acton Bridge.

All cats happy and well, Lily keeping us on our toes with her nesting efforts, she was so enthusiastic last night her bedding was covering litter tray and food bowls and she slept in an empty box  :rofl:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2010, 21:52:15 PM »
I might be able to join the Paws Inn trip - is there a preferred date yet ?   Am looking at options by train - Teresa, is Acton Bridge the nearest station to you ?
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2010, 20:50:12 PM »
 :heeee heeee:

Good job you have non sex specific names for them both!

I also have a gender confused cat, Lucas was called Kali and was Mummy's little princess until the vets told me otherwise  :evillaugh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2010, 20:45:58 PM »
I can sympathise I bought 2 of our feral Girls up as boys and when I had 4 kittens in for the bir removal I went in thinking 3 boys and 1 girl - she was a tortie so not to bad came home with 3 girls and a boy so quick rename = Spike became sparkle, Shaile satyed the same, Xian the tortie and Harvey my only boy :shocked:

It doesn't matter the sex they are you babies and having 47 here at the Clan can testify boys are wonderful but so are my girls!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2010, 20:38:05 PM »
Argh!

I posted a big long reply t'other night wih pics but it must have been such a 'big un' that it failed to post! Grr!  >:(

Some of you may remember me as the lucky lady who's the adoptive mother to little Chico, now Scamp, my dear little boy.

We had a bit of a 'development' (or perhaps a lack of it would be more accurate!) a couple of weeks ago and it was only this weekend that I plucked up the courage to tell Teresa as, to be honest, I didn't know quite how to tell her!

I'd taken the little man to the vets for a routine appointment. Whilst there I asked him when he'd be ready for his 'little operation' (given the fact that he didn't start eating solids for a while I thought he was a bit 'behind' for his age). So the vets flips him round, lifts up his tail, gives a little chuckle and says "I'm afraid this kitten is a little girl!"

So of couse I felt a bit stupid. Especially because EXACTLY the same thing happened with my other black cat, Scruff, with exactly the same vet. I think he probably thinks I'm a very naive young lady!

Scruff and Scamp are so similar in behaviour and mannerisms and both act so much like little boys. With Scruff we actually have carried on referring to him as a him and to be honest I think we'll do the same with Scamp. Two girl cats aren't meant to get on too well but within days of bringing Scamp home Scruff was grooming Scamp and vice-versa. They sleep and play together so well. Maybe because I'm a little daft, but I wonder that because we're raising them as boys they haven't turned out to be like little madams not liking each other! Truthfully though, as long as they're both happy and healthy then I couldn't care less what sex they are.

I was quite anxious about telling T as I feared that it might come across and sounding a bit cross that my boy was a little girl as that was the last thing I wanted to do. Thankfully T took it all in her stride :)

The funny thing is, the first time I took Scamp to the vets, a few weeks before the latest appointment, the first vet checked him all over and indeed wrote 'male' on Scamp's record card. Also, we all thought we could see little 'bumps' down there but on closer inspection it seems the way that it's just the was Scamp styles 'his' fur  :rofl:

Anyhoo, I'm glad the the family's Jeremy Kyle-esque secrets are now out in the open!

All the best,

S.

PS - as to the little operation - of coure we'll be getting 'him' 'done' very soon. We all know what his birth mother's like don't we!

PPS - will post some pics soon (they're stored on the other computer and can't access right now). x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2010, 16:25:31 PM »
Me too!!!   :yesss:   

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2010, 16:09:51 PM »
I can be available mid June! ;D

Cool,.  so can I  :Luv2:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2010, 15:56:45 PM »
I can be available mid June! ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2010, 21:07:36 PM »

Awwww.  :doh: I've just shown his picture to my partner this afternoon and informed him I have a massive soft spot for Dell Boy; he said he could see why. :)

We're definitely on the same wavelength here - I think Dell Boy is  :Luv2:  Just as well I'll be away in June and wont be able to jon in the cat napping expedition.

I can't drive and don't know anyone this way up for the trip....so I guess he's safe from my catnapping attempts too. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2010, 20:39:42 PM »
I can try mid June but have to convince OH that he needs to be home for more than 2 days just so I can get all my catnapping gear ready - may even drive down with a spare cat box or 2 to go with mu cat napping large handbag!

I have no favourites but am partial to black cats and ginger ninja's :innocent: ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2010, 19:48:59 PM »
Ok, we're using your car then  :shify:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2010, 19:30:13 PM »
OK so we wont have to call her 'Wiffy' then  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2010, 19:28:03 PM »
She is fine and litter trained now  :rofl:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2010, 19:18:27 PM »
How's my stinky Baby Bojangles doing today ?,  has she/he mastered the toilet yet ?  :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2010, 07:04:38 AM »
I might, I have a better SatNav now, so shouldnt have to rely on neighbour to drive me - as long as I can figure out how to make it talk to me!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm in the same boat, Desley! Technology blows me away!   :rofl:

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2010, 22:35:41 PM »

Awwww.  :doh: I've just shown his picture to my partner this afternoon and informed him I have a massive soft spot for Dell Boy; he said he could see why. :)

We're definitely on the same wavelength here - I think Dell Boy is  :Luv2:  Just as well I'll be away in June and wont be able to jon in the cat napping expedition.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2010, 21:50:30 PM »
I might, I have a better SatNav now, so shouldnt have to rely on neighbour to drive me - as long as I can figure out how to make it talk to me!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2010, 21:36:47 PM »
I have to say I do really like Del Boy.

You can come and meet him in June  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #401 on: May 16, 2010, 21:35:08 PM »
I have to say I do really like Del Boy.
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #400 on: May 16, 2010, 21:27:40 PM »

Dell Boy has the right home already  :hug:

In truth I have never yet chosen to keep a cat who can be rehomed and much as I love this lad he is up for rehoming.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #399 on: May 16, 2010, 21:22:33 PM »
Pippa is a real lady, Ruth.

Dell Boy will be rehomed when the right home comes, but I have to say he seems to have the qualities of both Buster and Minimopsical, he expresses excellent qualities of leadership combined with fairness and lovability, when the weather is right I may well sit him on Busters Bench just for size mind you. ;)

Daisymac I will leave arrangements in your capable hands, weekend would certainly be best. I only know 50`s, 60`s or nursery rhymms  :rofl: :rofl:

Dell Boy has the right home already  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #398 on: May 16, 2010, 21:21:58 PM »
when will Bojangles be ready for her new home ?
a month ish,

Ruth everyone thinks of kitten napping but in truth the one I will be guarding very closely is   DELL BOY

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2010, 21:20:50 PM »
Pippa is a real lady, Ruth.

Dell Boy will be rehomed when the right home comes, but I have to say he seems to have the qualities of both Buster and Minimopsical, he expresses excellent qualities of leadership combined with fairness and lovability, when the weather is right I may well sit him on Busters Bench just for size mind you. ;)

Daisymac I will leave arrangements in your capable hands, weekend would certainly be best. I only know 50`s, 60`s or nursery rhymms  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2010, 21:15:16 PM »
Mid June good. Will be finishing radiotherapy. So long as you don't mind driving there and back? I won't trust myself on a long journey in case I get too tired. Will still sing out loud though, you can't get away from that  :evillaugh:

No I dont mind,  singing will be essential,  Mr/Miss Bojangles may not like it on the way back,  but Aunty T can do a few dry runs singing Duran Duran and a bit of ABC to her  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2010, 21:12:34 PM »
Mid June good. Will be finishing radiotherapy. So long as you don't mind driving there and back? I won't trust myself on a long journey in case I get too tired. Will still sing out loud though, you can't get away from that  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #394 on: May 16, 2010, 21:11:05 PM »
And so you should, T. That boy is just gorgeous.  :Luv2:

Now Miss/Mr Bojangles reminds me of Pippa Pipsqueak too. That little monkey look and certainly the climbing technique is down pat.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #393 on: May 16, 2010, 21:10:30 PM »
a month ish,

Ruth everyone thinks of kitten napping but in truth the one I will be guarding very closely is   DELL BOY

Ok then ladies,   mid June it is then,  has to be a weekend for me,  Saturday would be best xxx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #392 on: May 16, 2010, 21:08:04 PM »
a month ish,

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #391 on: May 16, 2010, 21:05:31 PM »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #390 on: May 16, 2010, 21:05:06 PM »
So long as there are no Garcia Jr/Akamaru lookalikes Kittybabe shall leave the Inn with nary a kitten in her pockets. Now where is that smiley of someone lying?  :shify: :innocent:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2010, 21:02:16 PM »
Any date suits me except next weekend  :rofl:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2010, 20:56:38 PM »
Agreed, have prepared myself the for trip. You have to be aware that there will be lots of loud singing to bad 80's tunes to while away the journey  :evillaugh: 

Ooooo yes,  I like the sound of that,   may even talk you into coming to the Rewind Festival in August !,  we need a date now,  that suits Teresa,  Bojangles and everyone else that wants to come and watch me steal a kitten  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #387 on: May 16, 2010, 20:54:26 PM »
Beautiful pics Teresa! They all look so happy in your loving care!!!   :hug: :hug:   Has the day trip been arranged yet??? 

Shirley think I will designate the arranging of the daytrip to Daisymac and Kittybabe  :rofl:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #386 on: May 16, 2010, 20:52:25 PM »
Beautiful pics Teresa! They all look so happy in your loving care!!!   :hug: :hug:   Has the day trip been arranged yet??? 

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #385 on: May 16, 2010, 20:34:01 PM »
Agreed, have prepared myself the for trip. You have to be aware that there will be lots of loud singing to bad 80's tunes to while away the journey  :evillaugh: 

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #384 on: May 16, 2010, 20:33:08 PM »
:evillaugh:

Oh don't you know it !!  me getting all kitten broody,  I have been at the Blue Cross today,  took all my willpower to come out with an empty handbag  :Luv2:  oh and by the way,  you are my co-pilot for the trip to get Miss/Mister Bojangles if T does me the honour of letting me take care of the baby x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #383 on: May 16, 2010, 20:28:29 PM »
 :evillaugh:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #382 on: May 16, 2010, 20:27:20 PM »
Miss Pansy Bojangles sounds good  :)

Yes but until you go to Spec Savers it could be Master Pansy Bojangles  :rofl:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2010, 20:16:23 PM »
My goodness there are some gorgeous cats at the Inn. Pansy is so very, very cute. I love Bluebell too.

I like unusual names, but Gemima Piddle Pants is taking it a step too far.  :rofl:

Link to CatChat