Author Topic: Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue Update  (Read 82791 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue Update
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2010, 13:36:16 PM »
sorry to hear that you are also having to cope with poorly kittens. Its exhausting both physically and mentally.
try not to take too much on - we've abandoned fund raising at the moment.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2010, 13:20:57 PM »
Sorry for the delay in updates - been pretty manic here what with work etc and pretty tragic over the last week.  The last litter of kittens picked up have all passed away one by one with no real explanation.  Another of Jess's babies has had several collapsing episodes again but has been revived each time.  She seems to be holding her own at the moment but every time I think she is over it, it happens again.

Car boot went well - sold the conservatory furniture my generous benefactor gave me and raised £260 in all, doing another one tomorrow but only small things.

Work is going well, although yesterday was a bad day with two cats being brought in from being hit by cars, both dead on arrival - one brought in by his owner, only a six month old burmese.  The other was brought in by a passer by who saw him get hit, a beautiful black boy but no chip or collar so remains unclaimed at the moment.

Life is hectic at the moment and Mike is away all the time so pretty lonely as well even with all the furbabes here and cleaning seems never ending and the mountain of food I get through is unbelievable but I shall keep plodding on, trying to do my best.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »
Just sending thoughts and love over to all the babes and hoomans at Eight lives.  :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2010, 13:38:08 PM »
Hope the job's going well hun. You must be exhausted  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
Hi Les hun

Hope all is well over there.

How did the car boot go this weekend?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2010, 18:39:32 PM »
Congratulations on the job, don't know how you manage, have your days got 30 hours in them?                                                              If you need any help let me know, I waste half My day off every week on the internet! I need putting to good use. :rofl:

Nicky x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2010, 15:29:32 PM »
:1st place: on the job Lesley  :)

Glad everyone is doing well  :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
Great news about the job xx

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »
Hi Hun   :hug:

Glad to hear the babes are doing well  ;D 

If only i had a big house i would be right over!  ;)  one day hey!

Great news about ya job  ;D Have a good uniform pick up day  ;D

Glad the car boot made some funds for you and your wonderful donor is marvellous  ;D ;D

Sending over loads of love for you all
 :Luv:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »
Apologies for the lack of updates, it's been so busy here and just finding a space to set up the laptop is an achievement with cats everywhere. :rofl:

Everyone doing well here.  Newest kittens are growing extremely well and are a beautiful bundle of fun and friendliness.  Think they will be semi longhaired beauties, two boys and two girls, two named so far Mittens and Sox, others to be named still.

Jess and all her babies are doing well.  Went through a scrawny stage when they didn't seem to be growing and, although they are definitely small for their age (six weeks  think!) they are lively and playing and managing to clean themselves up a bit more now.  Had a couple of scares with the smallest who had a couple of collapsing fits but I think it was due to low blood sugar.  Both times I administered glucose solution and after an hour she was back to normal.  Hasn't happened now for about a week so hopefully she s now eating enough for herself.  Jess has virtually dried up though they still try to suckle so it maybe time to separate them soon.

Little girl and babies are also well.  Was worried that Little Girl may be pregnant again but looking less so now so hopefully it was just the fact that she was getting regular meals and putting weight on.

Have another little one to pick up this afternoon, 4 month old female who new owner's son is allergic to (how often do we hear this story).

Good news is that I am going back to work at the Vets I left five years ago. ;D   It's only for 11 1/2 hours a week but will pay for the cat food each week which will help ease my very over-stretched funds.  The discount I get there will also help ;) .  I'm dead chuffed, I've been trying to get back there for a while on a casual basis but this is a permanent position.  Going today to finalise the details and pick up my uniform.

Car boot raised over £100 which was extremely helpful and am doing another one this weekend.  Also have to pick up some gorgeous conservatory furniture this weekend from my lovely new benefactor so will probably put that on e-bay.  He paid over £1,000 for it and then two months later moved to his gorgeous thatched cottage and had nowhere to put it so it is virtually brand new.  He also gave me a lovely big carpet cleaner which has already been put to use and a fully functional generator which I can use at the car boots in the winter if I need to.

Right, off to feed the hairy bunch - hope to start them on solids soon.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 18:01:28 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2010, 18:13:31 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: no worries hun we know how busy ya are with the little ones  :hug: :hug:

Hope you, ya family and the little ones are ok  :hug: :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »
Sorry I've been quiet - it is manic here.  Just wanted to acknowledge your lovely donations to car boot and will update later, still feeding everyone at the moment - started at 8am :Crazy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2010, 20:09:37 PM »
Hope all the little ones are thriving under your care  :)  How did it go today? Hope you raised lots of dosh  :donate2:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2010, 13:39:11 PM »
Hey Les hun How's the reshuffling going. Do you and Mike have any standing room left?  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope today goes well with ya fundraising  :hug: :hug:

Love to all the little ones and to you both. :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »
Well at least you have some more safe now and more time to spend not doing all the other things!

I for one am so glad we have the space for all of ours - only one kitten pen in use for Baby Charlie at night - sadly I have about 8 adults trying to get in to his food - he purrs a storm up for them then consumes his own dinner ;D

On the furniture front you can always have a clearout - OH mentioned I wasn't to buy anymore cat furniture - 2 arrived yesterday so will be having a catpost move fest and dump this weekend :sneaky:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2010, 22:20:31 PM »
It sounds like Picadilli circus there with all the room/pen swapping  :hug: Those little ones are very lucky to have been rescued by you  :)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2010, 18:26:11 PM »
Well just when I thought I had squeezed everyone into their  new places, have just been to pick up another four two week old kittens who have been rejected by their mum (or that's the story I have been given  :shify: ) so now the intensive care unit has to come out.  SO Jess kittens will now move to the large kitten pen (wasn't going to go to the trouble of getting it out and setting it up but I have enough kittens now for it to be in use for the next couple of months) new ones in kitchen and the others in the study. :Crazy:

Sleepless nights again now then :tired:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »

The pen I put Jess' kittens in last night is not big enough so now having another change around to give them a bigger space.  I don't know why I don't just take all the furniture out of the house, then I'll be able to fit everyone in, - oh, I remember, - hubby won't let me :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »
Thanks Tan, that's very kind of you and thank you to Helen too, you know what for.

I can't tell the black ones apart so I don't know what I will do when someone reserves one.  Mind you, I don't think they will know which one they have reserved of the boys, as there are three of them. :innocent:

The pen I put Jess' kittens in last night is not big enough so now having another change around to give them a bigger space.  I don't know why I don't just take all the furniture out of the house, then I'll be able to fit everyone in, - oh, I remember, - hubby won't let me :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2010, 23:30:58 PM »
So sorry to hear about little lad hun  :(  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: He will be with all our babes on the bridge  :Luv: :Luv:

and i hope ya mum and Mikes mum will be ok.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

lol how do ya tell who is who with little black lasses and lads? 

Bailey def sounds as if he is in heaven them at gis new home  ;D

Hope Sat goes really well  :) Will pop some bits over to ya  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2010, 22:46:31 PM »
I must admit I'm not too bad off for things so far and still have to go and pick up the van full from the guy who found Little Girl and kittens. The thing I am really after is small cat toys etc that can go for 25p etc, people seem to expect cat and kitten toys on a kitten rescue stall, even though I need them myself for the kittens.

Have ordered 100 individually wrapped teeny mice to come direct to you, hopefully they'll be there in time for Saturday but if not I'm sure they can be used for future events  :hug:

You could even have a 'guess the number of mice in a jar' if they come on time  :naughty:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2010, 16:00:19 PM »
Sorry to hear about your Mum and Mikes parents.  Sad news about Jesses little one, but good that the others are ok.
Good luck with the rehoming this weekend.

Nicky x

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2010, 13:32:52 PM »
I must admit I'm not too bad off for things so far and still have to go and pick up the van full from the guy who found Little Girl and kittens. The thing I am really after is small cat toys etc that can go for 25p etc, people seem to expect cat and kitten toys on a kitten rescue stall, even though I need them myself for the kittens.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2010, 13:26:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about your Mum and Mike's parents  :hug: Very sad news about the little one that didn't make it  :( RIP little one, taken too soon xx

Hope the rehoming keeps up and :luck: for Saturday. Have you thought about appealing for car boot items on freecycle? I  bet loads of people have stuff put aside for the elusive car boot that they never get round to doing!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »
Sorry for the delay in  up-dating.  Mum was rushed into hospital again yesterday and Mik'e mum and dad not well either so been a bit chaotic here.

Some sad news unfortunately.  One of Jess' kitten passed away at the weekend, the one that I thought was a girl but that was actually a little boy.  He was the runt of the litter and was always small but lost his little battle.  :'( :'(

I have a feeling that mum has basically dried up and although the kittens are eating solids they still need a milk top up so I am moving them into the kitchen into a separate pen so I can be sure that they are getting all the food (and mum is not eating it all) and I can spend time supplementing them with a milk top up.  The five remaining kittens have been checked and are okay and not knowing the history of daddy etc it is difficult to know what may have been wrong with the little one.

Little Girl and her kittens are doing well, although a couple of them are still a little skittish.  Moving Jess' lot downstairs means I will be able to remove one large pen from that room and give these kittens some more room.  Must give them some names soon as well, although apart from one of them being a girl they are all identical black beauties so will never know who is who.

Truman Jnr and Willow are both fine.  Willow will not be going to her new home until September as her mum is going on holiday but Truman Jnr and little Fini are both off to new homes on Saturday. :Luv2:

Bailey went to his new home on Friday and made himself at home immediately.  When I phoned the following day to see if he had settled in, was advised he spent the first night snuggled on the bed with new owners and has not stopped purring since he got there.

I promise to get photos of everyone soon but I am doing a large "invitation only" car boot on Saturday and trying to get everything ready for that.  It is quite a prosperous area and is part of a Community Fun Day with all sort of attractions, so am hoping to bring some much needed funds in.  Anybody who has any small car boot items that they want to send me feel free :naughty:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:56:17 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2010, 00:49:48 AM »
Well done Lesley, on all your hard work. Some sweet piccies. RIP Sunshine and Solstace !

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2010, 16:24:35 PM »
Truman is going on his own, but he is going to be living with two lady pussies, so I think he will be in his element, he does rather like the ladies. :Luv2:

Fini will be causing havoc with two cats as well, I don't think they will know what has hit them. :naughty:

So Miaow Miaow is still looking for a home, I think she will suit someone who is home most of the day, she just loves fusses and would happily spend the entire day being pampered sitting on a lap.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2010, 16:18:39 PM »
Good news. Been expecting her to go soon, she's such a sweetheart. Is Truman going on his own, without his lovely Mummy?

Pete will be relieved, thinks he's going to come home to find her here.lol
Nicky x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2010, 15:05:17 PM »
Good news about the new homes lined up  ;D Must be such a wrench to rehome those you've cared for for such a long time  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2010, 14:56:15 PM »
Well, I'm pleased to report that Truman Jnr and Fini (sorry Nickynoo) have been reserved and will be going to their new homes in a couple of weeks.   :wooooo: Have also found a home for my gorgeous Bailey, who I will miss dreadfully  :Sad Bye:  - he has been here over a year - but he is going to a wonderful newly-wed couple.

Everyone else is doing well, Little Girl and babies all settled in and eating well, Jesse and babies all comfortable.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2010, 06:19:10 AM »
Good luck with the rehoming, hope its a good result and they have 2 each.lol

How is little Fini, still so disapointed I couldn't have her. Hope she finds a great home soon. 

How are Miaow Miaow & Truman? Hope they find a lovely home together.

Nicky x

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2010, 14:57:57 PM »
SSSShhhh, don't tell everyone how many are here  :-[ :shocked: ;D .

Seriously, everyone is doing well.  Jess' babies are now three weeks old and are already sampling solid food.  They have only just started wandering around. :Luv2: .  Sexes have now changed, and I have three girls and three girls (I think).  Captain Jack and Lyra will have to be re-named as they have changed genders.  I will try and post piccies and names later.  Jess is improving and no longer has the runs.

New mum has been called Little Girl (from my Auction list of names, thank you Sabrina).  Her kittens are impossible to tell apart but are all quite friendly and active.  Three girls and one boy, names to follow later.

Bailey, one of last year's kittens, was reserved yesterday and will be going to his new home at the end of the week and someone is coming tomorrow - both her and her mum are after a kitten, so they all better be on their best behavour tomorrow.

Will be getting the homing page up-to-date on my website this week so hopefully some more homings will come of this.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2010, 14:48:17 PM »
Hi Les hun

Hows ya brood of 60 odd doing?
 :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2010, 15:32:12 PM »
sometimes its just nice to have someone like that come along - restores your faith in humanity!!  :hug:  really pleased for you
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Eight Lives Left Update - Jess has had her babies - piccies added 22 July
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2010, 16:14:13 PM »
Oh, well, it was worth a try.  :innocent: :evillaugh:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2010, 16:12:16 PM »
Oh, what a hero!  :Luv2: We need more like him. Send him to Canterbury when you're done with him.  :evillaugh:

Sorry, I'm keepng hold of this one. :P

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2010, 15:38:47 PM »
Oh, what a hero!  :Luv2: We need more like him. Send him to Canterbury when you're done with him.  :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »
What a nice man, good luck for everyone, and glad Frodo got through his op fine.
Please spay your cat

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2010, 22:31:52 PM »
What a great guy!! Its nice when things like that happen because it helps to remind you that there are some other nice/good people out there.

Hope the latest arrivals settle in well and that all the other babes are ok :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2010, 22:19:53 PM »
What a lovely caring man, I`ll bet its a rarity to receive a donation when you take in, I know it is here. Good Luck with mum and babies, funnily enough I have nearly all girls.

I think that is only the second time someone has given a donation when I have collected, and definitely not as large as that.  £184 was in change, his tuck shop takings,  :Luv2: but he had bagged it all up for me.

Link to CatChat