Author Topic: How much for booster shots?  (Read 3199 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: How much for booster shots?
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 23:18:47 PM »
Ely in Cambs, so nowhere near you I'm afraid.  :-:

Damn ... twas worth a try  :sneaky:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 22:01:30 PM »
Reynard, are you in Ely, Cambridgeshire or Ely, Cardiff?

Ely in Cambs, so nowhere near you I'm afraid.  :-:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 01:03:14 AM »
I go to a branch of Companion Care here in Ely.

Reynard, are you in Ely, Cambridgeshire or Ely, Cardiff?

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 02:28:07 AM »
Enquired about this the last time I was at the vets. A booster will cost £23 something and a full set cost £33. As my Vets have lost Menue's file from her old vet (please don't get me started!) and I can't remember where her old vets was, I am going for a full set.
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 23:00:36 PM »
With my previous cat (who I had for 19 years) she only got a booster every few years.  Is it meant to be an annual thing?

Its yearly for flu and 3 yearly for enteritis if your vets stocks the brand "purevax" and follows the manufacturers guidelines.

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 22:46:56 PM »
I didn't realise what price the boosters could come in at, but will let you know how much I paid for Maddi's as she is going for her first booster on Saturday.  With my previous cat (who I had for 19 years) she only got a booster every few years.  Is it meant to be an annual thing?

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »
I've just paid £110 for Buddie's and Samson's booster but it also included nail clipping and a packet of Frontline.  I took the milbemax wormer I had with me and ask the vet to risk his fingers  :evillaugh:
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 09:37:09 AM »
Before I forget what can people tell me about homeopathic innoculations? I read someone had used them on another forum but I've never heard of them.

I have not heard of that but to be honest I would rather stick in this instance with the tried and trusted.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 09:15:04 AM »
The place I go to charges £14. Before I forget what can people tell me about homeopathic innoculations? I read someone had used them on another forum but I've never heard of them.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
I can't remember how much mine cost but I think Mosi's booster was between £25 and £30 back in April.  That was for the basic triple vaccine excluding leukaemia vaccine.

Considering a consultation costs about £25 and he's having an annual health check as well as the vaccination I dont' think that's bad at all.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 22:17:26 PM »
Well I am in SW Wales and have a vet on the Gower who is really great but its just cos me £37 ish for flu jab , health check albeit a short one and spot on wormer for Sasa who is sorta semi feral.

4 weeks earlier it cos about £100 for the same for my other 3.

I think Wales is the most expensive place in the country, and I moved from London!

However my vet is good and I have to travel 50 miles round trip cos we have terrible vets within 15 miles or so.

Sounds to me that you should change vet.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 22:06:55 PM »
I'm in South Wales near Cardiff.  We go to a branch of Companion Care at the moment ... to be honest I'm pondering changing vet anyway not only because of the cost but also because of the poor service I got when Bella was last done ... we saw a locum vet who spoke hardly any English and all she did was give Bella the jab and make a fuss about the fact that Bella had wee'd in her carry box on the way there, and I didn't get any feedback whatsoever on Bella's general health - not v happy.

I go to a branch of Companion Care here in Ely. Actually, been going to that particular surgery since before Companion Care took it over. Have a South African vet - Ian is a man of few words, but a great vet who handles cats very well. I can't complain about the service I get from them at all. The head vet nurse Jennifer is great too.

I pay £18.50 for an annual cat MOT, but that is flu jab only - I don't get the FeLV done for mine. IMHO that's reasonable. With the FeLV it is £30.

On the other hand, every time Pearl gets shown she gets a full health check during vetting in which IMHO is a bonus.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 20:16:00 PM »
Ooh, just wondering if it's too excessive to move to Essex to take advantage ... OH would love such news after spending all day landscaping my garden  :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 17:37:58 PM »
£22 here and i thought Essex was supposed to be expensive!

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 17:17:23 PM »
I bet you're right Michelle. I'd never contemplate not vaccinating my three but let's face it, when you've got three needing boosters within eight weeks of each other, it's nice to save some money ... leaves some over for extra Christmas baubles for Bella to remove from the tree and hide under the sofa  ;)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 16:24:30 PM »
No wonder alot of people dont bother having their cats vaccinated !!
and the actual vaccine doesnt cost alot either so the price is made up with fees from the vet

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 15:43:52 PM »
I think Boopy's boosters cost about £40 at very end of June but that will be going up later in the year most likely
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 15:35:08 PM »
I just paid £37-91 for the full booster and health check a few weeks ago and I know our vet is not the cheapest in the area but I think they are good.
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 15:33:29 PM »
I'm in South Wales near Cardiff.  We go to a branch of Companion Care at the moment ... to be honest I'm pondering changing vet anyway not only because of the cost but also because of the poor service I got when Bella was last done ... we saw a locum vet who spoke hardly any English and all she did was give Bella the jab and make a fuss about the fact that Bella had wee'd in her carry box on the way there, and I didn't get any feedback whatsoever on Bella's general health - not v happy.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 15:24:34 PM »
Gosh thats a big jump isnt it.

I cant remember what Bob's cost last year(he passed before they were due this year),

and Max not due his till next year (he had them done before we adopted him)
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 15:21:19 PM »
Bella's is due soon and I've had a reminder letter today stating that the price has gone up from £38 to £45.  Is this excessive?

I think it depends where you live round her the Triple first injections are only £36.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
How much for booster shots?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 15:16:48 PM »
Just wondering how much other people pay for their cats' annual health check/ boosters?  Bella's is due soon and I've had a reminder letter today stating that the price has gone up from £38 to £45.  Is this excessive?  Minnie is due for her booster in October and Bertie in November, so if I'm going to change vet, now would be a good time!

Link to CatChat