Author Topic: Minnie!!!  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Re: Minnie!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 23:25:16 PM »
Ralfie is a posher version. Here is a pic of the original ralphster...

He looks like my Max or Maxi or when hes being a cuddlebum I call him Max mummys 1 in a million , must get photos of him posted soon
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 20:58:51 PM »
Aww blackcat Ralphster is soooooooooooo gorge

Not so gorgeous when he is still with you after two years when you were supposed to be looking after him for a month. Not so gorgeous when he is peeing over everything in sight so your entire house reeks of cat pee. But yes, a sweet, loving and adorable cat who just wanted to be an only cat and has settled in very happily now that I managed to bully his owner into taking him back. He is the sweetest kitty, just really rank when in close company with several others.... :Luv:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 20:53:10 PM »
Bertie is saying that all the best cats are called Bertie so keep it on the list  ;)  Bella was called Ali when I got her - the previous owners thought "Ali Cat" was a hilarious name, but as soon as I realised that she didn't answer to it (thank God - what an awful name!), she became Bella.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 20:46:24 PM »
What a great story  :evillaugh: Bertie Bassett  :) 

I had a list of possible names ready before I met the boys, when I went to see them I had already settled on Riley but was told that Lukey was a girl so he was called Kali for the first 10 weeks of his life - by the time I had her him at home with me he just seemed more like a Lucas so went with that - not that he ever gets called by his full name now  :innocent:  Bertie is still on the list for any future kitties though  :) 

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 20:38:13 PM »
Tiggy's mum, I am so flattered by that!!!!  :Luv:  I will have to tell Bertie!  There's actually a story behind the name - when he was a five-week-old kitten still living with the friend I got him from, they were woken by a choking sound in the middle of the night, and dislodged a liquorice allsort from Bertie's windpipe - hence he was swiftly named after Bertie Bassett!!  It really suits him, he's now known as "Flirty Bertie" due to his habit of making friends with any blonde female who comes into the house!! Which one of yours was nearly called Bertie?

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 20:31:29 PM »
Aww blackcat Ralphster is soooooooooooo gorge

Bertie's mum i totally agree with you, i just love Minnie's pose in that pic she's such a babe.  
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 20:30:16 PM »
Meant to say to Bertie's Mum aswell that Bertie was another name of my 'possibles' list - one of my boys was actually going to be named after your very own Bertie as I remembered reading about his problems on CC and thinking what a cool name for a cat  ;D

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 20:29:21 PM »
I used to work with a guy called Ralph who got sick of people telling him about dogs/cats/budgies they knew called Ralph  :rofl:  Guess whether you change the name depends on whether he answers to it - I'm not keen on Minnie's name but she does respond to it!

I've got three now too - Bertie is 3 in September, Bella is 2 and Minnie is about 7, we think.  I say number is irrelevant if they're all loved and looked after.  Minnie and Ralph need new homes so  :P to anyone who can't mind their own business  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 20:24:03 PM »
Ralfie is a posher version. Here is a pic of the original ralphster...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 20:25:06 PM by blackcat »

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 20:22:06 PM »
Lol thank you i actually quite like it when you put it like that - Ralphie is good!!!  Was trying to imagine what neighbours would think when i was out at night shouting Ralph in!!!!  Ralphie sounds good

:thanks:

Love your piccys Helen they're gorgeous!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 20:19:30 PM »
They've named him Ralph and as he's been there so long he's got used to it i think.  I'm still undecided on it but it's  :P  :Pme!!!!

:rofl:

I think Ralph is an excellent name, I considered it for one of my boys before I got them - it's what I call geek chic  :evillaugh:  Can be 'shortened' (yes, I know it's actually longer) to Ralphie  :)

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 20:01:26 PM »
They've named him Ralph and as he's been there so long he's got used to it i think.  I'm still undecided on it but it's  :P  :Pme!!!!

Yes we'll definately have to swap notes on the two newbies.  How many cats have you got now????  People keep telling me 3 is too many but i just ignore them.  I've got the room, the money and the cuddles so  :P to them i say. 

:rofl:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 19:55:09 PM »
Aw, JetCleo, I reckon your new boy knows he's found someone to love him and that's why he's given up the grumpy and aggressive act!  He sounds lovely and you're doing a fantastic thing for him.  I hope he settles in quickly - we'll have to keep comparing notes!  Has he got a name yet?  Massive cats are the best, just ask my Big Bert  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 19:42:17 PM »
Minnie is beautiful, so glad that she's found her forever home with you  :)

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 19:04:44 PM »
Thanks will have a read through all the posts they left for you.  Yeah just seen the photo, how spooky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new man will be coming from a local rescue centre, he's been there for 4 months which is a long time for them.  I fell in love the first time i saw hi and everytime i went back he was still there and would meow at me (to say hello - take me home)  The description they gave of him though with regards his personality was a bit wrong, it said he could be aggressive, grumpy, etc but i've found he's the opposite.  He was abandoned so i think he's got more than enough reason to be grumpy anyway. 

I get him next Saturday and really can't wait, just fingers crossed that my two get on with him.  He's a massive cat, oh i'm so excited lol  :rofl:

Minnie is lucky she's got you looking after her, poor little thing deserves happiness!!!

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 18:57:49 PM »
Hee, I've just noticed your profile pic is suspiously like mine and am wondering if Bertie and Bella are leading a double life!!

If you look at my previous posts about Minnie on here, you'll see all the excellent advice people have given me about introducing cats - which basically involves doing it gradually by keeping the new cat confined either to one quiet room in the house or a large cage, so they can all get used to each other without anyone feeling threatened.  My case is probably a bit different to yours in that we've lived nextdoor to Minnie for a year before taking her in, so Bertie and Belle are already aware of her and her of them, so no big surprises for anyone.  You just have to persevere with it and remember that they will eventually get along to some extent even if it's rocky to start with!

Tell me more about the newbie - where is he/she coming from? x

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 18:36:30 PM »
She's totally gorgeous, can i ask how you introduced her to the others.  I've got two at the moment a male aged 6, female aged 3 and from next saturday will have another male age 4.  I'm just wondering how i can introduce them all so they get along.  The two i have at the mo are pretty friendly just hope they take to their new friend

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 18:35:47 PM »
Ahhh bless her she's lovely.  :Luv: :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 18:31:28 PM »
I'm biased but she's gorgeous, isn't she?!  I can't understand how her owner could just abandon her.  So far, Bertie is unimpressed with her, and Bella hasn't even seemed to notice she's there, which makes me laugh!!

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 18:27:19 PM »
Hi just read your previous post, well done for taking Minnie in, what a cute cat!!!  What do the other cats think to her???

:)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Minnie!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 18:15:59 PM »
Thought you might all like to see a pic of the cause of all my worries  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat