Author Topic: Rooly's soiling his bed  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Rooly's soiling his bed
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 15:37:56 PM »
This definitely sounds like a medical problem, rather than behavioural. Get him to the vet for check up after the bank holiday. Don't leave it too long.  (Have you ever  had cystitis? - Ouch!)
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »
hi boo :welcome:

sorry to hear ur having problems with one of ur babes

i agree with the others i think a vet visit is needed to rule out any medical probs
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:25:16 PM »
Hi booboobear and   :welcome: to Purrs,

As the others have said it's best to make sure there are no underlying medical conditions first.

good luck and maybe some of the advice on wizz's site may help:  http://wizz-catz.co.uk/soiling.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
I agree with Desley, about a vet visit first to rule out UTI or other health issues such as kidney probs. It seems he's a bit confused about what he's supposed to use as a tray though - you say you havent changed his litter - and I don't know what litter you use, but maybe your could try a different litter, I just wonder if he likes the softer feel of your bed and his beds under his feet - just a thought, but if he still poos in his tray that might not be it.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 09:54:21 AM »
First things first, anything like this requires a vet visit, it could be that he has a UTI, or another health issue, so I would try and take a urine sample (you can get a pack from your vet before the checkup), and get full bloods done if not done recently. Cats dont tend to deliberately wee in their bed and then stay in it, they are very clean animals. Good luck
Please spay your cat

Offline booboobear

• Kitten
Rooly's soiling his bed
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 09:47:35 AM »
Hi, this is my first post.

One of our 3 Persians, Rolly, has started to delibrately urinate in his bed, the back ground is as follows.

Every since i have owned him (13yrs) he always slept on our bed, then a few months ago he started to urinate on the bed, at the time we put it down to his age.We purchased 2 cat beds for him one for our bedroom and one for when he was downstairs, and he started to use them, but still kept urinating in them  :innocent:.After observing him for a week or so, it appears to be a deliberate act, he goes for a drink then goes and wees in his bed, after weeing he still stays in the bed.If i take him to his tray he wees with no problem.

We have not changed the type of litter, and he only wees in his bed, never poos

We have tried Feliway, and Cysteases to no avail. Nothing has changed in the house and he is behaving as he always has except for the weeing.If you take him to the tray after he has had a drink he goes without any problem.We have trays on each floor of our house.

Is this an age thing?

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated, washing his beds is becomming time consuming.

Mark

Link to CatChat