Author Topic: Feeding amounts for adult cats  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Beatrix Potter

• Adult Cat
Re: Feeding amounts for adult cats
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 14:49:15 PM »
Those quantities sound about right and what I feed my cats, but if you think they need to lose weight I would aim to reduce the dry by just a little and keep the wet food at 200g.

Thanks.  Started a new thread as he does need to diet...weighed in at 5.28 at the vets last night.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Those quantities sound about right and what I feed my cats, but if you think they need to lose weight I would aim to reduce the dry by just a little and keep the wet food at 200g.

Offline Beatrix Potter

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 15:22:35 PM »
Thanks both.  My other half seems to think I am still over feeding them, because both cats now have tummies!  Poor Alfie isn't getting as much exercise as he used to, and Storm is just a lazy cat!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 14:34:51 PM »
That sounds about right to me, my cats (adult males) eat different brands to yours but they have approx 100g wet for breakfast each, the same again for dinner each and a bowl of dry down 24/7 to munch on - they don't eat that much dry so probably the 25g or so that yours have.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 14:33:17 PM »
that's about what I feed

Offline Beatrix Potter

• Adult Cat
Feeding amounts for adult cats
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 13:09:30 PM »
I've tried searching the forum for previous posts but to no avail...I have two cats, one outdoor and one indoor.  (Thats another story!)  Storm my outdoor cat was on the verge of being admitted to the vets diet clinic, but his weight has decreased since.  He has always been a podge and is a real pig.  Alfie had always been a slim jim but since being an indoor cat since December he too is starting to put on a bit of weight.
 I feed both yarrah wet and arden grange dry.  Storm loves his biscuits and Alfie his wet, but will sometimes have a craving for some dry.  I had been feeding 200g of wet plus 25g of dry daily.  But have been trying to reduce the food and have been giving them both smaller helpings.
 I feed first thing in the morning, then again when I get home about 9hrs later and then later on in the evening.

Link to CatChat