Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a vet please? (Manchester)  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Can anyone recommend a vet please? (Manchester)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 20:25:15 PM »
If you haven't already settled on the vet I can highly recommend Companion Care at Pets at Home Stockport.  They have been absolutely brilliant with Charlie.  There is ample parking and I think it is wheelchair accessible.  Highly recommended although I know some COmpanion Cares have been slated. 

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 22:26:35 PM »
I used to live in Chorlton too! Chandos road, off Wilbraham road betwen the church and the petrol station. Small world!

Looks like it'll be Ashleigh Vets, then - I found them when looking online, too - thanks everybody, I'll report back!  :Luv:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 15:34:52 PM »
It was run by an oldish Scottish man and a blonde hair youngish girl -not sure if it was father and daughter or just partners .
They were excellent when i went there with Oscar.

I had a friend that lived in Chorlton -not sure if she is still there -Dartmouth Road .

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 14:56:37 PM »
I used to live in Altincham and there is a fantastic vet on Barrington Road called Mr Weipers - can really rate him (if they are still there )

I will be driving along there on the way home from work in just over 2 hours time so will look out for it!!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 14:25:55 PM »
I used to live in Altincham and there is a fantastic vet on Barrington Road called Mr Weipers - can really rate him (if they are still there )

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:21:32 AM »
Im the other side of Manchester and use The Vets at Chadderton. They are brilliant, ground floor and loads of parking room. The car park is a bit rough and the door opens outwards but apart from that very accesible
love
Tab

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:59 AM »
I live in Chorlton but my vets would be no good for you as they are a) primarily a referral centre and tend not to take on many new people for general practice b) not wheelchair accessible (I was using a wheelchair when I first went there and they helped me in but it's not ideal) and c) there is no car park so you have to park on nearby roads.  So not much good for you then!

I don't know many other vets in the area but I think Ashleigh in chorlton/whalley range has a fairly good reputation.  An ex work colleague used to use them and was happy with them

http://www.ashleighvets.co.uk/

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
Can anyone recommend a vet please? (Manchester)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:10:41 AM »
I've just realised that the mogs are overdue for their boosters, and I don't want to trog all the way back down to Withington if there's a nice, cat-friendly practice nearer by. I live in Hulme (just south of the city centre), can travel a bit if needed.. and the presence or absence of a) parking and b) wheelchair access are dealbreakers.

I know there's a good few other Mancunians on here - where do you take your cats? Any ideas (or horror stories)?

Thanks!  :Luv:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Link to CatChat