Author Topic: Advice please!!  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Advice please!!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 19:40:13 PM »
I assume this didnt work out as theres another post going about getting kittens in the rescue section

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
you could try taking her out with a harness on for a bit of fresh air
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 19:43:46 PM »
I know! It was that Youtube clip that persuaded me to order two sets from the Purrs shop, but neither my rescue cat nor the toys have arrived just yet so as yet untested. Noah will be an indoor cat like yours so he will need to entertain himself some of the time.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline bucklesanbows

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: EVIE AND BLUEBELLE
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 16:05:23 PM »
If she likes hunting and ping pong balls what about a couple of sets of Turbo Tracks? They are available from the Purrs shop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIgdVucDeVU
Hey thanks, what great fun!!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 15:55:00 PM »
If she likes hunting and ping pong balls what about a couple of sets of Turbo Tracks? They are available from the Purrs shop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIgdVucDeVU
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 17:56:02 PM »
OO! How could I of forgot to mention da Birdy.....Its a super fab toy....really simulates the action of a real bird in flight!  ;)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 17:43:54 PM »

Offline bucklesanbows

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 17:41:35 PM »
Sounds like a very good idea - I was also going to get a car tree, she has a scratching post which she loves and some toys. Loves the ping pong balls.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 17:25:24 PM »
Also you could try gaining her attention with the aid of such as a laser pointer....If you look at the tabs underneath the search there is a link to the Purrs Shop....

The lasers are very cheap and are a fantastic way to amuse your cat....

Not so energetic for you either!  ;)

Offline bucklesanbows

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 17:18:20 PM »
Yes, I understand it is 4 weeks but not sure Missy or I can make it to that. The CP lady said let her out sooner because of her behaviour and she seems to think she will calm down. It's not as though I haven't had cats before, which I pointed out to her, so I am very aware of their behaviour and natural instincts.

Hey, thanks for your advice and I will check out the link  ...... god it freaks e out the thought of birds etc being bought to me!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 17:13:24 PM »
With ref to your grief....I honestly dont know as we all react differently....try not compare Missy to your Bridge babes as they are all individuals, with different characters as you have found out yourself!  :hug:

Time is a great healer......This must still be so raw for you!  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 17:11:21 PM »
Right....Firstly stop giving in to your guilt, its far too early for her to be out yet anyway....Approx 4 wks when you first adopt a cat they should stay indoors to know where base is!  ;)

Does sound like she has a good interest for the birdies....cat proofing is wonderful....No worrying when they are outside....best money spent in my book....much cheaper than most vet visits for problems that can occur out of your boundry!  :hug:

Check the linky out....

I do understand what your going through...and you are wise to ask for advice!  :hug:

Offline bucklesanbows

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 17:10:16 PM »
Thanks for the info. Im also wondering if I have not got over my dearest Poppy's death. Like I said she was everything to me and adopting Missy perhaps was to soon.

Offline bucklesanbows

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 17:06:31 PM »
Hi B, thank you. I know you are going to think that I am mad but I got her only 1 1/2 weeks ago!! It;s just that I am not used to this because of all the other cats I have had in the past, and that is what I am used too. I know its not her fault, far from it but I really wasn't wanting such a lively cat, hence I was after adopting a placid cat.

No, my garden isn't cat proof, in fact I have to renew the fencing so maybe its a good idea to get this all done at once. Any suggestions would be great? I feel really awful feeling the way I do towards her and really do not want a hunter which I think she has that instinct in her! :'(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 17:03:30 PM »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 16:56:12 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs....

Sorry to hear of the dreadful experiences you have witnessed with your past babes.....I fear the new cat must of been allowed to wander, thus is wondering why she is not allowed now....

When did you adopt her....

Have you thought about cat-proofing your garden?

Mine is cat-proofed so they can enjoy being outside without any risks being involved....well apart from wasps!  :shocked:

Offline bucklesanbows

• Adult Cat
Advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 16:51:12 PM »
Hi I'm new to this site, so hi to everyone on here!

I have recently lost my dearest Poppy at the beginning of August this year. She was a poppet and we spent 7 wonderful years together and I miss her terribly. She was a shy, timid cat at the beginning and she came on so well. Poppy loved being indoors and would only go outside for a little stroll around the garden and was not bothered by the birds etc. Previous cats were also like this, so I have been used to cats like this. With saying that two cats of mine years ago did like the outside and both died sadly due to A) Sammie was bitten by another cat or rat and her lungs filled up with fluid and she died a horrible death B) Misty did not come back one day and I found her a mile away dead with horrid injury's. SO hence from that time I have always adopted cats that have been placid or shy at first that would be happy for the home comforts!

I have just adopted a new cat who I have named MISSY! I got her from the CP (she was taken in as a stray expecting kittens. They said she was very placid (and a wonderful mother to her kittens)which I'm sure she was there but this is not the case here at all!  She is 3 years old, had a litter in May (all kittens have been re-homed) and has been spayed now. She goes bonkers throughout the night and is dying to get out, big time and is going mad when watching the birds from the windows! She is very friendly though with me (letting me stroke her) and anyone that comes to the house.   The lovely lady at the CP said her behaviour is down to her wanting to go out. I understand that some cats really do need to go out and are used to this and other cats are very happy healthy cats who like to stay indoors - if going out at all only in their own garden and thats it!

I have bought the Feliway diffuser but I do not think this is helping her calm down at all. I am soooooo worried about her going out and really do not want her too! Thats sounds so awful of me but I really think that for a happy relationship between a cat and its cat owner, it has to work both ways.  ADVICE PLEASE

Link to CatChat