Author Topic: Peeing on the bed...  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Peeing on the bed...
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »
I would keep an eye on her ... as she may have worked herself into a tizz and may develop cystitis .... Diesel would pee on my bed when she suffered with it (she was also letting me know she didn't like Foxy and Zephyr in the house!).

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 09:34:46 AM »
I dont think she needs re-litter training, this is her way of saying she isn't happy with the fosters. I would try and limit their time out of their room so she doesnt' feel they are taking over her house as much. It is very hard balancing things, i have a young, very playful cat who i can't let have the run of the house as Kizzy will go for her, so i just have to spend more time in her room playing with her to use up some of her energy.

I agree with Desley. Sounds like the fosters are putting her nose out of joint so she's letting you know. She's also possibly trying to scent mix because your bed is one of the places that will smell most strongly of you.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 08:34:08 AM »
Must be the week for it,  I was woken at 5AM by Ruby peeing on our bed this morning,  she has never ever done anything like this and she sleeps with me most nights,  Steve says it is because there was Thunder outside and she was scared but I am not convinced,   so duvet washed,  sheets etc will be in next !.   Cats,  who would have em !! :Luv2:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 08:29:19 AM »
I dont think she needs re-litter training, this is her way of saying she isn't happy with the fosters. I would try and limit their time out of their room so she doesnt' feel they are taking over her house as much. It is very hard balancing things, i have a young, very playful cat who i can't let have the run of the house as Kizzy will go for her, so i just have to spend more time in her room playing with her to use up some of her energy.
Please spay your cat

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 21:36:44 PM »
Has she been spayed yet?

Yep! Done at 5.5 months.

Ty for replies, i've moved litter tray to hallway and banished them from the bedroom for now.. fingers crossed she doesn't start peeing elsewhere else i'll have to resort to re-litter training her. :innocent:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 20:42:18 PM »
Has she been spayed yet?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 18:13:47 PM »
Sounds like you need one of these  :hug: I remember Lynn's Cody used to pee on her son's duvet and she found the Feliway spray quite effective along with shutting him out for a time to break the habit as Dawn said.

Are the rescue you're fostering for Cat Chat members? Could the fosters be put on the Top Cat homing page to try and get them rehomed ASAP?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
Tilly used to do this when she was little - I had to shut her out of the room to break the habit - she is fine in there now

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
Peeing on the bed...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:17:37 AM »
Bloody Penguin. :censored: She seems to be showing her thoughts on the fosters by peeing on my bed at literally any opportunity :| I spent yesterday morning vaxing the bed and handwashing the duvet (not fun, i assure you!) and she woke me up again at 6 am today by peeing on the duvet. :'( i am SO annoyed, i already have an incontinent dog and have planned my downstairs completely around her, but i CANNOT deal with having animal wee on my bed. :-[

I'm going to get an extra litter tray and put it at the bottom of the stairs, but it seems to be mainly at night anyway so i don't know it'd help as they're always upstairs at night. I am THIS close to shutting them out of my bedroom, but i enjoy getting the cuddles so i don't want to resort to that, but as it's only my bed, i will if i have to. I'm 99% sure it's because of the fosters as they're interacting during the day now, but i really don't want to send them back, especially during the height of kitten season when they are very likely to be stuck in the cattery for ages. :( And they're such sociable cats that they're struggling if they're shut in their room too much.

Please if anyone has any ideas tell me, i am completely at the end of my tether, not to mention shattered from being up at 6am for the last few days stripping and cleaning my bed. :doh:

Link to CatChat