Author Topic: Where can you get good flea spray for household use?  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Where can you get good flea spray for household use?
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 23:11:59 PM »
Hey Gillian..i've seen this spray on vet uk website...just wondering if you've used it yet & how was it...my neighbours cat has bad fleas, i've frontlined lined him for my neighbour but it doesn't seemed to have worked that well..& he always makes a bee line for me whenever he sees me & eventhough hes riddled with fleas ( the cat not my neighbour!! :rofl: :rofl:) i can't turn him away..i'm just worried that i'll bring them home..i check snooch (my cat) every day & frontline her on a regular basis but the ickle beggers get everywhere don't they... >:(

Nope, havent used it yet, as luckily havent seen any of the blighters on the cats at all this year! I will get some for the house though, just in case,  as I like the idea that theres no noxious chemicals like most of the sprays on the market.

I would guess that even though you've frontlined your neighbours cat, the problem actually lies with the neigbours house i.e the little devils are hatching and jumping back on the cat - so you'll have to go round there armed with a can of spray for neighbour's house LOL!

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 18:13:11 PM »
We're infested with the little  :censored: ATM! The boys keep bringing them home from the other neighbours cats! Me and OH are being eaten alive as the fleas are jumping off the  Frontlined cats in preference for a non-poisonous alternative! I'd put a pic of my OH bite riddled ankles on here but he'd kill me  :evillaugh:
I've just ordered 2 cans of the Indorex off Vetuk to spray the house with as we seem to have killed off the adults and it's now all juveniles from eggs crawling in the carpet EEERRRGGGHHHH!!!

AHHHHH the benefits of warm weather...... :Crazy:

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 17:27:17 PM »
I've actually just noticed a bite on my arm today and have sent myself an email to spray house when I get back. :(

I like that - often send emails to yourself Rosella? LOL!  :evillaugh:

I'm going to try the newish house spray Zkoosh, or shooosh, or something like that LOL!  Anyway, it is pesticide free and works by encapsulating the little beggars (and eggs/larvae) - I like the idea of no pesticide as the house sprays contain permethrin, which is highly toxic to cats and although you keep animals out of the rooms you've sprayed for an hour or so - theres got to be some product left on the carpets, bedding etc, for it to be able to work its magic for 12 months!

Hey Gillian..i've seen this spray on vet uk website...just wondering if you've used it yet & how was it...my neighbours cat has bad fleas, i've frontlined lined him for my neighbour but it doesn't seemed to have worked that well..& he always makes a bee line for me whenever he sees me & eventhough hes riddled with fleas ( the cat not my neighbour!! :rofl: :rofl:) i can't turn him away..i'm just worried that i'll bring them home..i check snooch (my cat) every day & frontline her on a regular basis but the ickle beggers get everywhere don't they... >:(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 20:19:00 PM »
Hmm never thought of e-mailing myself, but I do use my reminder setting on my mobile a lot, to remind me to do things when I get home.

It all started when I hit 40.....  Now let's see.... I email myself, I leave messages on my answering machine, I use my mobile like a diary so that it goes off the night before I'm supposed to do something then I move the note to the next morning to remind me to get up and do it. It reminds me to do backups at work, check the battery on the smoke detector oh hell I could go on but you'd be sending round the men in white coats  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »
Hmm never thought of e-mailing myself, but I do use my reminder setting on my mobile a lot, to remind me to do things when I get home.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
Yes she needs to go to vets.We use Acclaim. I've actually just noticed a bite on my arm today and have sent myself an email to spray house when I get back. Warm weather always has it's downsides  :(

I regularly send emails to myself - I have a terrible memory. :)

Glad it's sorted, Bryony.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 23:01:39 PM »
Think everything is sorted now, she went to her vets and got something, Socs the cat has gone to stay with her parents for the 2 weeks she is away for so no need to worry about whatever may have been in the spray. Hopefully the house will be flea free when she gets back!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 19:05:04 PM »
I've actually just noticed a bite on my arm today and have sent myself an email to spray house when I get back. :(

I like that - often send emails to yourself Rosella? LOL!  :evillaugh:

I'm going to try the newish house spray Zkoosh, or shooosh, or something like that LOL!  Anyway, it is pesticide free and works by encapsulating the little beggars (and eggs/larvae) - I like the idea of no pesticide as the house sprays contain permethrin, which is highly toxic to cats and although you keep animals out of the rooms you've sprayed for an hour or so - theres got to be some product left on the carpets, bedding etc, for it to be able to work its magic for 12 months!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 13:12:45 PM »
Yes she needs to go to vets.We use Acclaim. I've actually just noticed a bite on my arm today and have sent myself an email to spray house when I get back. Warm weather always has it's downsides  :(

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:02:28 AM »
Can she get to a vets? My vet sells it at reception, you don't need an appointment.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Where can you get good flea spray for household use?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:52:52 AM »
My friend discovered yesterday that her ex housemate's kitten had given her cat fleas, the housemate told her she had flea treated the kitten but as she has turned out to be very untrustworthy, this is probably not true. My friends cat has been treated with frontline but she needs to treat the house as well. The trouble is she's going on holiday late tonight and therefore can't order off the internet. Are there any shops that sell flea spray that works?

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Link to CatChat